OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seamless repair.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seamless repair. Empty Seamless repair. Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:16 am

Ghost808

Ghost808
A recent post here has inspired me to dig out some old damaged bodies and repair their tears and scrapes.

A quick Google revealed a TPE solvent, designed for...ahem..."adult companion dolls", that actually melts TPE back together.

What I'm wondering, is has anyone tried a TPE solvent, and how did it work out on tbleague, or jiaou dolls?

Also has anyone found any other adhesives, or tricks? I even saw a post about using a soldering iron to melt the damage back together!! (Don't fancy trying that though)

I've tried silicone glues before, but on groin or armpit tears, I found they weren't strong enough, and just opened up again when posed.

2Seamless repair. Empty Re: Seamless repair. Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:40 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I didn't try it myself, as the cost to get it here (plus the many negative reviews -- though that could just be the people using it didn't do it correctly). I watched a video on YouTube about how to use it; it showed up as part of the search, and it looks a bit complicated -- a couple of applications, massaging the stuff into the tear, etc. (I can only imagine what the people who have the... ahh... realistic life-size dolls are doing to those things to tear them, but I don't even want to picture that).

I recently used Gorilla Super Glue Gel to fix the tears from the dying process on my S23B, as it was recommended as an alternative (since it's good for all types of rubber). It worked, but you have to be very careful with the stuff, as it does leave an overall "semi-crusty" residue (so be sure to clean away excess as much as possible, if you go this much cheaper route). Since the tears on mine weren't going to be visible anyway, it doesn't really bother me -- I just didn't want the tears to get any bigger from posing the figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Seamless repair. C8485110

3Seamless repair. Empty Re: Seamless repair. Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting about superglue gel, Mark, thanks for mentioning it. I had no idea. I always use superglue gel anyway, but never imagined it might work for this.

4Seamless repair. Empty Re: Seamless repair. Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:20 pm

Ghost808

Ghost808
Stryker2011 wrote:I recently used Gorilla Super Glue Gel to fix the tears from the dying process on my S23B, as it was recommended as an alternative (since it's good for all types of rubber). It worked, but you have to be very careful with the stuff, as it does leave an overall "semi-crusty" residue (so be sure to clean away excess as much as possible, if you go this much cheaper route). Since the tears on mine weren't going to be visible anyway, it doesn't really bother me -- I just didn't want the tears to get any bigger from posing the figure.
I used gorilla on my damaged S23 too, funnily enough.
Sadly I found it left an orange discolouration and started to tear again, once I posed it. That being said, it was quite a nasty tear.

I might try it again, and do a better job of cleaning this time.

If I decide to try the tpe solvent, I'll post results here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum