OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to make 1:6 clothes lighter coloured?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wonderpants

I have some 1:6 fishnets for a custom figure but they’re too black. Would something like a mild bleach work or even dying them?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hey there, only just saw this. I wouldn't bleach or dye them, personally, as it could either ruin the material, or in the case of dye, it could bleed onto your figure.

My suggestion would be to use an acrylic fabric paint medium and then mix that with whatever colour of acrylic paint you need. If you just wanted to lighten them slightly, then just use a grey colour. I use Vallejo fabric medium mixed with Vallejo model acrylics when I need to paint or weather fabric. Try looking up 1/6 techniques for weathering fabric, as I think this would probably help you figure out how to make it look less 'stark' and more subdued.

If I were doing it, I'd probably use a dry-brushing technique with very minimal paint just brushed lightly across the tights, but I suggest you experiment a bit on a spare pair of 1/6 fishnets (presuming you have some), first.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you haven’t already pre-soaked the clothes to make sure they don’t stain the bodies, I’d recommend doing so. I don’t see how a tiny splash of bleach, mixed with vinegar and laundry detergent/water would harm them much.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

How to make 1:6 clothes lighter coloured? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I've never tried bleach on anything like that, so didn't want to make a suggestion I couldn't stand behind. I've never had much luck with bleach in the past on regular clothing, either....always seems to leave big white blotches on everything.

Soaking it and getting rid of some of the dye that's already there seems like it couldn't hurt, though.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Wonderpants

Thanks, I did try soaking a pair that had some holes in in warm water with some mild bleach but it didn’t do anything

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum