OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Empty Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:11 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
There's already been an in-depth review by MC on the warrior version so this is just a quick look to see the differences which are few but good for being the same price as the Elven Warrior. I ordered these in the beginning of the year from Asmus themselves, they had them on sale for $/£ 150 each instead of $/£ 200 but couldn't post them to me because of Covid and Taiwan's laws with the UK blah blah... Eventually they Fedex'd them to me paying half of the shipping which was very kind of them.
As for the differences I know of, the head is a different sculpt, you get an extra set of gloved hands especially for the bows (plural), a ton of nicely made arrows, lovely quiver with leather suspension strap system and working buckle and the two bows (the rest of the gear and accessories are the same minus the lovely Nagamaki styled sword and scabbard but you get the curved metal tipped spear and large shield). Why two bows? Initially I thought looking through the plastic trays (there are 5 of them!), one must be relaxed and the other must be for a drawn/spanned pose (under tension) as a leaflet tells you not to bend the bow. But no, it's odder than that, one bow is the classic huge recurve bow we see in 'The Two Towers' and the other is a huge Long Bow or British War Bow. I have absolutely no idea why they have included it scratch  I think a predrawn recurve bow would have made a lot more sense but it was a nice surprise to have it (although it would ideally need heavier arrows) , an attachment to the shield so it could be used as a pavise would have been cool. I don't know why but I love that the hood is wired (like all the clothing) and can be used over his head as a functional feature.

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review W88c87E

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review 18YhM5g

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review BMFLpPf

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review W6zqA3B

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review 0i0oSnT

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review VWNRXUV

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review J1SFPon

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Z6Xusxc

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Hpp1HuB

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review CEW59sq

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review HsSejmE

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Nyoq7De

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review M8EL5EJ

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Qiqecuj

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review J2kA5wM

2Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Empty Re: Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool figures. Love that you got two (two is the minimum to suggest a larger group and these are troopers after all). I've never been 100% in love with the design we see in the movies, but Asmus did a great job reproducing it. And two bows is surely better than one, although I take your point. All puns intended (don't shoot, please). Nicely posed, too. These poor guys don't have their ears, right? Still, between the helmet and the hood(s), very nice. Thank you for the review, Alex.

3Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Empty Re: Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:09 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool figures. Love that you got two (two is the minimum to suggest a larger group and these are troopers after all). I've never been 100% in love with the design we see in the movies, but Asmus did a great job reproducing it. And two bows is surely better than one, although I take your point. All puns intended (don't shoot, please). Nicely posed, too. These poor guys don't have their ears, right? Still, between the helmet and the hood(s), very nice. Thank you for the review, Alex.

Cheers! I'll have them flanking Elrond of course once I've worked out where the hell to put them! Everyone is fighting for the front of the shelves and unfortunately I was a bit short sighted with LOTR display space; I might have to make some drastic changes like removing a door to add more shelving down here lol. Got loads of space upstairs but want to keep them together.
Anyway, yup no ears I'm afraid, I'll pose the 2nd figure with the Long Bow for pics once I unpack him. Sorting out space for my Uruk-Hai right now who are starting to trespass into Predator and Alien display territory now..

4Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Empty Re: Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They are Uruk-Hai, I'm sure they'll hold their own! Smile

5Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Empty Re: Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool figures. You said 5 bows? But I only see two.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review C8485110

6Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Empty Re: Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:02 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:They are Uruk-Hai, I'm sure they'll hold their own! Smile

I don't know, they're facing a Predator in stealth mode, the giant Predator Hunter (my scratch built one from 'The Predator'), 2 Samurai Predators, a Predalien, a warrior Alien...and John Hurt dying in a spacesuit! LOL.

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool figures. You said 5 bows? But I only see two.

Cheers! That's 5 plastic trays not bows! Never seen so many trays in a box for a regular 1/6 figure before.

7Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Empty Re: Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is the Predator in stealth mode the one you can't see? Wink
Oh, and I hate plastic treys -- soft black foam is so much more user friendly. Hot Toys' classic Superman is such a pain if you ever need to go into the box. Multiple treys, each with its own plastic cover. Grrr...

8Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Empty Re: Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:47 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh, my bad on the count.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Asmus Elven Archer Quick Review C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum