OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Finished Custom Executioner Wraith From The Hobbit

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Things are working, mostly, but, the light for my hard drive is constantly on. Normally it flickers when active and goes off when idle. Now it's on all the time. I've hunted high and low for causes and solutions, but, nothing works. As soon as I turn the PC on bing the light is on and stays there! I just want a working PC, is it too much to ask!? CHEERS!

No, it should not be too much to ask. It might be that the PC is indexing or something, since you were changing the motherboard, and that could take a long time when you start anew. But I am very far from a computer expert...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father
It was one of the options I tried, search and indexing are disabled. When I look at the activity, there's nothing running that would make it do that. The light comes on the minute I turn the PC on and it doesn't go out till I shut it down. It's not a Windows issue as it comes on before it boots. All the hardware is working otherwise the computer would be unusable. I am stumped!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow... one of these days, if you feel so inclined, you should publish a little memoir... you can call it Alexander's March to Wales. It just seems like you have been all over the place, doing all sorts of things, before becoming the patron saint of custom sixth scale creations.

LOL! Cheers!

Rogerbee wrote:It was one of the options I tried, search and indexing are disabled. When I look at the activity, there's nothing running that would make it do that. The light comes on the minute I turn the PC on and it doesn't go out till I shut it down. It's not a Windows issue as it comes on before it boots. All the hardware is working otherwise the computer would be unusable. I am stumped!

CHEERS!

Can't you just put some tape over it? That's what I do with all flashing or annoying lights...

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Figured out what it was,

When I had the Gigabyte motherboard in this case, I didn't connect the power LED properly so it didn't work. This meant that the only working light on the front was the HDD LED. After putting the PC together with the ASRock board, I did connect the power LED up correctly, I'd just never seen it working! The power LED is in front of the HDD LED, so when it's on, it's so bright that it drowns out the HHD LED. I wrongly assumed that the power LED was the HDD one so I thought it was stuck on.

I've disconnected the power LED now as I want to see what the PC is doing. It works fine like that so I'll leave it.

Sheesh, what a bloody relief!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy to see you have triumphed, Roger. Now you can worry about other things. Like your relocation. Have you considered Wales? You should move right next door to Shovelchop! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I know, 2 little connectors! Always the way, it's the simplest thing that you never thought of that turns out to be the cause!

I'm moving to Huddersfield, my best friend lives there and everything is so much cheaper. Leeds and Bradford are nearby too and there are places in both that I want to visit. Next time he visits down here I'll go back with him so I can check the place out

Not sure when it'll be, but I'm in no rush at all. The less months I move the less I'll spend in rent this year.

CHEERS!

maywong

Very cool figures.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
maywong wrote:Very cool figures.

Thank you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum