OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Head Sculpture×1
-Hat×1
-Bandana×1
-Body×1
-Shirt×1
-Vest×1
-Coat×1
-Pants×1
-Boots×1
-Belt× 2
-Necklace × 1
-Sword × 1
-Gun × 1
-Cloth tape × 1
-Monkey × 1
-Platform × 1
-Wine glass × 2
-Hand shape × 6

Deadline: January 18, 2022
Shipping time: Second quarter of 2022

SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 39f8d010
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 42c51410
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea F52f7b10
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 7ee0a310
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 433fe710
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea C5ddae10
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea F25fa810
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 3d8dc410
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea Fd210710
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 1856fe10
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea C5684110
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 4ff71e10
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 05381410
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 0eff9710
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea A1cd6f10
SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea A9f36310

#newproduct #SWToys #LordOfTheCaspianSea #male #pirate #movie-based

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL When I just read the title, I was sure it was a machine mis-translation for Prince Caspian. It's not that, but whatever it is, it looks like a very nice set. Doesn't it look a little like Geoffrey Rush -- who did play a pirate captain (but a different one?) in Pirates of the Caribbean, I think.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s who it’s supposed to be. You know how these bootlegs are — no original titles. $170 at OSK. Hot Toys really missed the boat not making this themselves.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for explaining, Mark. Wasn't sure, but you confirmed it.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great to see more pirates. About time for this one. All while Hot Toys is preparing for Iron Man CLXXVI

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Great to see more pirates. About time for this one. All while Hot Toys is preparing for Iron Man CLXXVI

So very true!

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think the head isn't too bad for a third party company. I don't really like the material for the coat, but maybe with a bit of weathering you could make a good costume. Might place an order here.

glitch

glitch
I was about to comment on SWToys quality control finally getting better, but then I noticed it say SWoys x Tough Guys. Guessing they are another new toy maker? Not familiar with them...

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Doesn’t look too bad in fairness and nice to see more pirates. Likeness not perfect but good for knock off of Capt Barbossa

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Agreed, but the actor is still recognizable, and that's something.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Geoffrey Rush was the best part of those movies. You can tell he had great fun hamming it up. I like pirate movies and we need more 1:6 figures in this theme but I had no interest in the PotC characters until I saw this one. I think I might get it.

Illusion

Illusion
in case anyone is interested, I received him some days ago and am rather pleased. Better than feared he would be and a rather reasonable price for value.
not perfect, no Hot Toys portrait obviously but not messed up either.

The biggest oddity: Barbossa had a wooden leg. It would have been nice to be screen accurate in that respect. Not many figures with wooden legs around Laughing

The hat is a bit odd, material and size. Could fit better on the head, is a bit smallish when it comes to the head‘s diameter.

Little Jack turned out cute and can sit in flexible positions thanks to magnets that just need a layer of fabric in between.

The weapons are heavy, solid and look pretty good. Not your usual cheap, badly painted plastic. The cups are a bit small.

a bit funny: when moving his arms, they are creaking hellishly. Signs of his age I guess… but overall mobility is good and he can take a perfect seat.

SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 20220909_104722a1cek

SWToys - NEW PEODUCT: Swtoys FS046 1/6 Scale Lord of the Caspian Sea 20220909_104729sdfyh

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. Mine shipped, but still waiting for it. Jack looks cute, if a little plastic. Mr. Z made two versions of him (along with a barrel a few years back). Thanks for sharing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine came in today. Pretty cool figure, and it finishes out my Pirates of the Caribbean display (at least until someone makes a decent Will and Elizabeth).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Mine came in today. Pretty cool figure, and it finishes out my Pirates of the Caribbean display (at least until someone makes a decent Will and Elizabeth).

Kind of surprising no one made those yet...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There was a Will, but I wasn’t impressed. Elizabeth — at least in one of her dresses — nope. The fact so many women get left out of these bootleg companies is really depressing to me.

davidd

davidd
This coming Monday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, by the way.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:This coming Monday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, by the way.  

Arrh-righty, then! Wink

csyeung

csyeung
Jack looks pretty cool!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Elizabeth — at least in one of her dresses — nope. The fact so many women get left out of these bootleg companies is really depressing to me.

Same here. Crying or Very sad

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Illusion

Illusion
Stryker2011 wrote:There was a Will, but I wasn’t impressed. Elizabeth — at least in one of her dresses — nope. The fact so many women get left out of these bootleg companies is really depressing to me.

yes, so true
but female characters seem to be even much more difficult to "get right" than male. What Pirates of the Caribbean figures I have seen so far (also the early Hot Toys stuff, including Ms Cruz), have not been convincing...

great that you like yours too Smile

davidd wrote:This coming Monday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, by the way.  

ah yeah, right... would have been an opportunity to post pics of him... Let's see whether someone has some cool idea and time to realize it. Cool

blackpool

blackpool
Illusion wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:There was a Will, but I wasn’t impressed. Elizabeth — at least in one of her dresses — nope. The fact so many women get left out of these bootleg companies is really depressing to me.

yes, so true
but female characters seem to be even much more difficult to "get right" than male. What Pirates of the Caribbean figures I have seen so far (also the early Hot Toys stuff, including Ms Cruz), have not been convincing...

great that you like yours too Smile

Hot toys had made an awful Will Turner a looooooooong time ago, then came with Miss Swann but in her chinese captain outfit from the third movie, with an ugly molded hair and pretty bad likeness... I remember them releasing Sao Feng as well, but it wasn't very good either... I wonder why HT didn't dig deeper on that license that sells very well...

Instead of reediting exact copies of their previous releases, they could have reworked those old figures and "remastered" them to the actual standards... quite a shame...

On the bright side you all sold me on that Barbossa, he looks very good in hand, I'm gonna try to find one somewhere!

Illusion

Illusion
blackpool wrote:I wonder why HT didn't dig deeper on that license that sells very well...

met too.

blackpool wrote:

On the bright side you all sold me on that Barbossa, he looks very good in hand, I'm gonna try to find one somewhere!

Laughing Good luck then!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum