OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Just checked out the video.... from a quick look it seems like an ok-ish copy of the cloth parts of the costume, and the plastic accessories. The leather tabarads are unfortunately not wired, which makes them hang kinda wonky and look cheap. The headsculpt seems like a decent KO of the HT, but the synthetic hair is indeed quite poufy. I am not sure if the head is the same one that is floating around ebay already that was being sold on its own, or a different one.  I guess the synthetic hair can always be trimmed to one's preferences, and/or removed altogether and re-haired with natural fibers, like what GF did on his recent custom Anakin.

Kinda curious what the underlying body is, I'm guessing it's nothing special, but wondering how generic they went or if it mimics the HT body at all.

ETA: I was skipping through the video quite quickly, so I missed the light up features initially. That's actually a WAY better light up solution than the stupid arm that the HT one comes with. In fact, I now want that lightsaber!

Valiarde

I also skipped rather quickly through the video. I saw that lightsabre technique before somehwere. It is definatly better than those arms from HT but there might still be a problem with having them the same intensity from one end to the other.
I've seen pics of custom sabres with that technology, where the lightsabres are very bright at the bottom and the very top and not so much in the middle. But I think it is a small price to pay here. Lets find out how these ones look in the dark...

And yeah, just saw Ians post, he did a far better job on the hairing. Smile

skywalkersaga

Valiarde wrote:I also skipped rather quickly through the video. I saw that lightsabre technique before somehwere. It is definatly better than those arms from HT but there might still be a problem with having them the same intensity from one end to the other.
I've seen pics of custom sabres with that technology, where the lightsabres are very bright at the bottom and the very top and not so much in the middle. But I think it is a small price to pay here. Lets find out how these ones look in the dark...

Oh good point, yeah it did seem like the actual light itself was a bit weak and didn't go all the way through the blade. :/

I'm just frustrated because I want light-up sabers but I honestly cannot be arsed with the inconveniences of having to switch out the arms. Especially since it's almost impossible to do it without risking breaking the hinges. Plus, half my figures are customs so I'd end up only with the official HT ones having the light-up blades, and then the rest would have to be photoshopped anyway. So at this point I've just given up and thought I'd just edit them in later so they all look uniform.

But it would still be cool to have a light-up blade that was easy to switch out for certain shots where it's just a single figure.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Indeed, the light up sabers is brilliant. Too bad Howard is too greedy to give collectors that option for all the over-priced HT figures. Now I wish I would have gotten one of these so as to not have to deal with those crappy swap out arms.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:This is on video right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_KwpwkXQ10

Well, totally forgot there are light up Lightsabers included, those are cool. The outfit does look nice too.
The heads, well, just look Razz

Thanks for posting the link to the video review. I love this light saber solution.

skywalkersaga wrote:Just checked out the video.... from a quick look it seems like an ok-ish copy of the cloth parts of the costume, and the plastic accessories. The leather tabarads are unfortunately not wired, which makes them hang kinda wonky and look cheap. The headsculpt seems like a decent KO of the HT, but the synthetic hair is indeed quite poufy. I am not sure if the head is the same one that is floating around ebay already that was being sold on its own, or a different one.  I guess the synthetic hair can always be trimmed to one's preferences, and/or removed altogether and re-haired with natural fibers, like what GF did on his recent custom Anakin.

Kinda curious what the underlying body is, I'm guessing it's nothing special, but wondering how generic they went or if it mimics the HT body at all.

ETA: I was skipping through the video quite quickly, so I missed the light up features initially. That's actually a WAY better light up solution than the stupid arm that the HT one comes with. In fact, I now want that lightsaber!

Thanks again, and I agree on the light sabers.

Valiarde wrote:I also skipped rather quickly through the video. I saw that lightsabre technique before somehwere. It is definatly better than those arms from HT but there might still be a problem with having them the same intensity from one end to the other.

Good point, the reviewer ought to have shown them also in a darker environment.
As for Ian's post, that's very complementary but I'm sure he'd appreciate you commenting there. Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Indeed, the light up sabers is brilliant. Too bad Howard is too greedy to give collectors that option for all the over-priced HT figures. Now I wish I would have gotten one of these so as to not have to deal with those crappy swap out arms.

So true. And even parted out, these things are getting ridiculously expensive.

csyeung

csyeung
I've seen the lightsaber technique on a facebook customizer page before. (I think she specializes in sabres. Edit: it was Hannah Li - HL arts on facebook) They use fishing lure/float lithium batteries instead if you are interested. I think Toys era used it as well for their Galaxy Warlord (Ronan)'s hammer? I wonder if it's only for photos or if you can turn it on and off in this one? I think the cutomized one you can just turn to light on and off.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, I'd be interested in learning more about the technique.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks, I'd be interested in learning more about the technique.

I posted an edit above but search for Hannah Li or HL Arts on Fb. She did various sabres including darksabers and rey's yellow sabre using those batteries, I don't know which ones she used but i think the are like cr316 and cr322 for the Ronan hammer.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the info!

Valiarde

Valiarde
This arrived one a few hours ago. 

Some shots (most of you know it from youtube anyway)

the good
NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One - Page 2 HTqKOVzh

NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One - Page 2 DimbjPhh

the bad

NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One - Page 2 DI6MaqFh

Lightup

NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One - Page 2 44i1sUxh

the hulled

NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One - Page 2 DBXTuGCh

NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One - Page 2 NdttjhMh

OVerall the body is a bit weak, despite the neck peg being made of metal.
The hair is fugly
the lightup "swords" are a nice feature even though it is like I mentioned above: the light is not evenly distributed among the blade. Still better than hot toys arm solution
The robe is made of nice material, no wires. Works okay

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The face itself seems fine, it's just the synthetic hair that looks awful, since it is too long and voluminous (not to mention wrong colour). But in my eyes that isn't a huge downside since even with the actual Hot Toys figure, I still ended up changing the hair to rooted lamb hair.

If we are going based on comparison to the HT figure, then aside from the fugly hair, the biggest weakness of this one, imo, is the lack of wiring in the pleather tabards.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos, Simon. Not that bad actually, though I agree with everything that has been said. It still works, and can be improved a little by various modifications.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What I'm curious about is whether the headsculpts included with this figure are more or less the same ones that are currently floating around ebay, or if they are different. All I know is that the loose heads that are available have similarly 'rooted' sythetic hair that looks rather silly due to its poofy-ness. Razz

The only thing I would have really wanted from this KO Anakin is probably one or both of the headsculpts, so unless there was a huge difference in quality it would make more sense for me to just pick up one of the similar third party heads that are currently available.

Valiarde

Valiarde
They look very samey to me Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also have a feeling they are the same, or at least extremely similar. Ended up picking up one of them just last night, so I should be able to report, eventually.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, where did you find them parted out? I couldn't see any anywhere.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, where did you find them parted out? I couldn't see any anywhere.
Toy Anxiety. I would check there and Monkey Depot. Also possibly Rattlesnake Toys on eBay.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Here's a video that compares the KO figure directly with the equivalent Hot Toys Anakin:

It seems like the tabards *do* have wiring in them after all, but the effect is just not as realistic as the Hot Toys version.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That hair is wild!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Alpha: No.004 1/6 Scale The Chosen One - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:That hair is wild!

I know, it's hilarious Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:It seems like the tabards *do* have wiring in them after all, but the effect is just not as realistic as the Hot Toys version.
Thanks for the video. According to the reviewer (unless I missed something) the tabards do not have wiring -- but maybe you found out elsewhere.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:It seems like the tabards *do* have wiring in them after all, but the effect is just not as realistic as the Hot Toys version.
Thanks for the video. According to the reviewer (unless I missed something) the tabards do not have wiring -- but maybe you found out elsewhere.

Oh, lol, I was just watching it without sound on. I guess the person just posed them like that for the final shots.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum