OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague PL2018-120 1/6 scale Purgatori Action Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

JohnByng

I think she looks like a "Ukrainian" separatist now! Smile

PitViper

JohnByng wrote:I think she looks like a "Ukrainian" separatist now! Smile

lol! lol! lol!

MerylAkiba

Are there pegs or magnets for the wings? Also, in the pics, the wings appear translucent or is it photoshop? In the closeup of her torso photo, The underwear appears to be separate due to the tension of the garter strap. I wish they gave her the same hair as Vampirellas. The old comic version of her had the bangs. The wings would be perfect to make gargoyles.

Female - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague PL2018-120 1/6 scale Purgatori Action Figure - Page 2 21053610

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Good question about the wings being translucent -- maybe, judging by the photos where they overlap the full moon; but they don't really look like it in some of the other shots. Not too familiar with photoshop, but it seems to me that this particular effect wouldn't be the easiest to make, so perhaps translucent after all.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I don't think the wings are translucent, most likely they're opaque by the picture of the figure and accessories in white background. It's just an overdose of photoshop on some pics.
Now I wanted to know how the wings are attached. Is it magnet? Or a pin like the Majestic Crusader to hold the cape?

blackpool

blackpool
I really like that release, can't wait to see her side by side with Lady Death, I find even weird they didn't use her in the promo shots...

If I can answer a few questions as I work a lot on Photoshop every day...

- No idea how the horns will plug or not on the head since they are digitally added on the pictures, the angle changes from a shot to another, the hair doesn't interfere at all with the base of the horn, ligt and casted shadows are off... to make it short, the horns are photoshop lol

- The wings will surely be plain, the "translucent" feel is in fact a photoshop filter called "plastic wrap", it is supposed to give the shine of a plastic bag on every surface you apply the filter on. Anyway photoshop fx again...

All that mkes me cringe a little in the end, cause I can understand the promo shots are made on prototypes and the final thing won't be the same, but advertising on digitally manipulated pictures doesn't sound fair, I don't mean the enhancing of pictures with backgrounds and atmosphere, but editing the figure itself seems dishonest, it's one step from making 100% 3D visuals to sell something that isn't developped at all!

gunm

gunm
I like this. I'm hoping to be able to pick one up, but so many 1/6 releases and all so expensive. Gotta make hard choices in this hobby...

Delanie

Delanie
My feeling is that the wings are semi transparent as a bright enough background will shine through most things if they are thin enough. I also think having looked at the pictures of her horns that they are the real horns not photo shopped its the fact that the horns are complex curves i.e. have bends in more than one plane and the camera angle changes or seems to change their shape/ position (soeey Blackpool)

blackpool

blackpool
Have a second look at the two last pictures from the frist set... Horns are not the same scale at all, the base appears white on one, striped on the other, even the rooting location is different. I really think it's digitally added to the figure.

About the wings, sorry in advance, but I'm pretty sure it's a photoshop filter...

Female - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague PL2018-120 1/6 scale Purgatori Action Figure - Page 2 Filters_wrap

I hope I am wrong and we get translucent wings, but on the white background pics, the filter is obvious Smile

Delanie

Delanie
Hmm I can see what you mean given the filter pics above but i'm pretty sure the same effect can be had with semi transparent plastic with paint over it. Due to the pooling of the colour while trying to get the coverage.

The horns tho' I really do think they are the figure's horns it maybe that perhaps they use more than one to get the demo photo's

Having done some 3d art /photo combining in the past I'm just interested in what you think 'gives it away' that's all and not some random argument

Susanna

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
FreakinLobster wrote:I wanted to see how the wings fix on the body. There's no picture of the figure from behind.

My biggest question too!  I'm dying to see how the wings attach!

MarkEl wrote:I also realise it’s a comic, but this is not the Purgatory the nuns told me about in school.

Well if they was, they'd have a lot harder time trying so steer you away, and not towards Purgatory! Wink

I'm not a fan of the comic, but I'm pretty psyched to see this.  The red body, great head sculpt, and wings make this look like it would be a blast to start with for a project.  Hell, you could even go for a classic Coop devil girl (although I guess they were always a bit more orange).  Tons of fun possibilities!

http://reverendspooky.com

davidd

davidd
What's THIS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/77282

APRIL 2022 estimated release date? Was there a Purgatori re-release and I missed the pre-order window?!?

Or has the display date on an old listing somehow become corrupted? I cannot find indication of a Purgatori re-release or restock anywhere else.

BBTS did restock the Vampirella Caroline Munro version recently after selling out. They seem to find "old stock" once in a while.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Does seem like an old listing, as I haven’t seen anything about a reissue.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague PL2018-120 1/6 scale Purgatori Action Figure - Page 2 C8485110

gooboo

Says sold out now.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Does seem like an old listing, as I haven’t seen anything about a reissue.

They are actually even more confused than that.  Purgatori does that to people.  There is a new release but in 1/12.

This (re)listing for the TBL 1/6 was probably a mistake triggered by BBTS not getting straight the two live current 1/12 releases of Purgatori they also have listed.  They list as available also supposedly for April 2022 the one by Executive Replicas with TBLeague at $79.99 https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/102620, which is obviously the wrong date since it came out in 2020, but maybe they're expecting a restock.  They also list the actual currently forthcoming 1/12 that probably triggered their confusion.  This latest one is also by Executive Replicas, but this time partnered with Loose Collector $74.99 https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/180556, and "Estimated to arrive 3rd Quarter 2022".  From other sources I conclude the third listing and date are correct information.

Kallor8

I saw the same thing a few weeks ago and was mad I apparently missed a restock pre-order window, but it makes sense it was a mistake for the 1/12 which just came back into stock today. I refreshed the sold out pre-order page for a month hoping to catch a cancel lol, but nothing ever came up for the 1/6 that was supposedly coming in "March 2022" and then "April 2022."

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Kallor8 wrote:I saw the same thing a few weeks ago and was mad I apparently missed a restock pre-order window, but it makes sense it was a mistake for the 1/12 which just came back into stock today.  I refreshed the sold out pre-order page for a month hoping to catch a cancel lol, but nothing ever came up for the 1/6 that was supposedly coming in "March 2022" and then "April 2022."

In case you are, or if anyone is, interested in the 1/12, don't confuse the old one (Executive Replicas with TBL) which may be coming back in restock, with the new one (Executive Replicas with Loose Collector) that is coming out 3rd Quarter 2022. You must choose, but choose wisely.

davidd

davidd
Also be aware that the "Loose Collector + Executive Replicas" version is a jointed figure, not seamless.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/180556

I cannot find any reference to the 1/12 TBLeague version being restocked. Sad

Kallor8

davidd wrote:Also be aware that the "Loose Collector + Executive Replicas" version is a jointed figure, not seamless.

It was there, very briefly. I grabbed one, and when I checked a couple hours later it was sold out. I wish it was the 1/6, but the 1/12 is one of the nicer of the smaller TBLeague line.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Kallor8 wrote:
davidd wrote:Also be aware that the "Loose Collector + Executive Replicas" version is a jointed figure, not seamless.

It was there, very briefly.  I grabbed one, and when I checked a couple hours later it was sold out.  I wish it was the 1/6, but the 1/12 is one of the nicer of the smaller TBLeague line.  

True dat. In the most unusual situation of ER making the same character twice in the same scale, once with TBL and once with LC, at roughly the same price, I guess TBL comes off looking good, and ER, not so much. To davidd's point, not only is the ER/LC version jointed but it has some very weird body shapes, and I could swear that in the first few promo pics they've simply got the legs on backwards.

Kallor8

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Kallor8 wrote:

It was there, very briefly.  I grabbed one, and when I checked a couple hours later it was sold out.  I wish it was the 1/6, but the 1/12 is one of the nicer of the smaller TBLeague line.  

True dat.  In the most unusual situation of ER making the same character twice in the same scale, once with TBL and once with LC, at roughly the same price, I guess TBL comes off looking good, and ER, not so much.  To davidd's point, not only is the ER/LC version jointed but it has some very weird body shapes, and I could swear that in the first few promo pics they've simply got the legs on backwards.

It's a weird situation, with the Red Sonja, Vampirella, and Purgatori "redo" with LC.  He's a talented figure designer/maker but I feel like it's hard to take on characters with so much skin showing on the type of jointed bodies he makes.  Following TBL would seemingly make it worse, but, TBL didn't really knock (most of) their 1/12 ER figures out of the park either due to (imo obviously) poor head sculpts and lacking arm articulation so there is some market there.  

I'd rather TBLeague take another crack at them, personally.  Hellwitch and Lady Death too.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Kallor8 wrote:It's a weird situation, with the Red Sonja, Vampirella, and Purgatori "redo" with LC.  He's a talented figure designer/maker but I feel like it's hard to take on characters with so much skin showing on the type of jointed bodies he makes.  Following TBL would seemingly make it worse, but, TBL didn't really knock (most of) their 1/12 ER figures out of the park either due to (imo obviously) poor head sculpts and lacking arm articulation so there is some market there.  

I'd rather TBLeague take another crack at them, personally.  Hellwitch and Lady Death too.

The "redos" of Vampirella and Red Sonja look better than the Purgatori, though I haven't seen full promo sets. I wonder if the LC headsculpts would fit on the TBL versions, which might be the best of both worlds. That would depend on a) the neck joint, and (b) whether the scale of the LC and the TBL is exactly the same, which is a big question I have. Unlike 1/6 which is fairly consistent, nominal "1/12" gets abused a lot. It should be strictly 6" figures, but sometimes they say 1/12 for 7" figures (which are really 1/10ish), or Mezco One:12 splits the difference, making figures @ 6.5".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum