OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Saturn

Saturn
DS TOYS :1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours

Product Code: D-011 / D-012 / D-013
Suitable for European and American white-skinned female body
Only sold head, no accessories are included.

NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165727kzc9kckkmiqkxzvt
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165607y899lz2ddkkq44op
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165609c9xs5cvfqvcw6sq6
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165610hvodhh9m7817hmfd
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165611yiuynj6huubh54fn
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165613ty7p2kyvu77uo088
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165614eiwpxpewk0wsiwes
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165615svkbtt34dbppz3dv
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165617ik7rlhlak5obhisi
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165618x6w1cm2e0305ao4e
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165619baqqg2e9mresslpg
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165621tfusoplss5so1tus
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165622s1qai2j2noo0zya0
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165623eu5457gwu3u4sg5w
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 165625ujehd1hblucebwuh
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=381837

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I like that it’s different. The hair colors are possibly useful for something. The face shape is more real than fantasy. But I cannot place what sort of emotion it’s trying to portray. Sad? Concern? Confusion? Mild interest? All of the above and more? I honestly don’t know.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I've got to say, I like the expression on the first one. I would call it 'mild concern'. Smile

I might pick up the first two and swap the hair.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Despite the hair style and color being unhelpful, the features look promising. Are the sculpts the same and just look a little different? If different, the first one looks best to me.

csyeung

csyeung
The sculpt is interesting, more of a solemn look. The hair quality doesn't look as great. The cut looks a bit haphazard. Should have cleaned it up a bit before the photos.

Now that you mention it, looks like the green haired is painted differently, i can tell mostly in the eyelashes and the lips. Probably the green one is the prototype and the others are probably what you will receive heh.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The sculpts look almost the same, but yes, the first one seems to have a different paintjob. It's very odd.

I have mixed feelings about these.... I like the paintjobs in these pics but I dislike the hairstyles. I also think the actual sculpt itself is a little too stylised. It's similar to some SuperDuck heads in that the eyes are shaped in a certain way that is just a little too unrealistic. Now, I don't mind stylised heads sometimes, but the problem I have is when you want to use it for a certain 'line up' of figures, a stylised one would stick out next to the more realistic ones, so it can limit its usage. Maybe I'm the only one who has this level of OCD about heads needing to 'match' in style, but there you go. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:The sculpts look almost the same, but yes, the first one seems to have a different paintjob. It's very odd.

I have mixed feelings about these.... I like the paintjobs in these pics but I dislike the hairstyles. I also think the actual sculpt itself is a little too stylised. It's similar to some SuperDuck heads in that the eyes are shaped in a certain way that is just a little too unrealistic. Now, I don't mind stylised heads sometimes, but the problem I have is when you want to use it for a certain 'line up' of figures, a stylised one would stick out next to the more realistic ones, so it can limit its usage. Maybe I'm the only one who has this level of OCD about heads needing to 'match' in style, but there you go. Razz

I get you skywalker, I have a similar problem committing to purchase animated or anime style heads /figures because most of my collection are movie related figures with realistic heads.

brassco

brassco
can't believe they didnt even bother to trim out the hair fringe properly b4 using it as a promotional prototype picture!

nothing really new for this type of face. i just wished these new faces got more expressions...

Diana

Diana
Clearly hair isn't their strength, but I think the face and paint app is gorgeous!
I like the first one the best. She doesn't have these ridiculous eye lashes. But I'm not sure we can rely on that being done on purpose. Like the hair cut. Did they mean to cut it in a curve?

If it goes up on Giantoy I'll give it a try. Smile

csyeung wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:The sculpts look almost the same, but yes, the first one seems to have a different paintjob. It's very odd.

I get you skywalker, I have a similar problem committing to purchase animated or anime style heads /figures because most of my collection are movie related figures with realistic heads.

Hah! Same here. I have a couple of beautiful stylized heads (beyond the shamans) and they are sitting in their boxes, because they just don't look right in my line up. (The shamans have their own space and therefore don't collide.)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I feel the same - if GianToy get them in and they're priced reasonably I'll get one or two, but otherwise I'm not going to go on an Epic Quest to find them. I do like the blue hair though, I've been looking for that shade for a while for a specific character bash.

As to whether or not the expressions are different, the first one ('green') seems to be unique (while the other two look the same and are a bit too stylised).

And it looks like they've plonked those pale heads on suntan bodies.

Frustrating, but not infuriating.

Diana

Diana
She's up on Giantoy and I ordered green and white.
Exactly the kind of purchase I didn't want to make anymore, since I don't need that sculpt, but she's pretty and I'm just too curious to see the face paint on these two compared. Rolling Eyes

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm assuming that 'white skinned' means 'pale' and pale sculpts are hard to come by, so I've caved in and ordered green and blue, even though I shouldn't. Neutral

Ghost808

Ghost808
I really love the face. It reminds me a little of Mackenzie Davis, who I've wanted a HS of for ages. 
I'm not keen on the hair, that would need swapping out.
Anyone wanting to do a UFO kitbash might find the hair useful though.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
Looks interesting, I kinda see Billie Eilish...but that's just me.

Diana

Diana
These are released and on their way to me. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Mine are also on the way but I expect our current period of enforced national grief will hold them up for an extra day or two.

csyeung

csyeung
I didn't get this but excited to see how they turned out!

Ghost808

Ghost808
Looking forward to in hand pics. I will get one if they are nice. And assuming stock levels last.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
My two have just arrived.

First impressions: The two heads are more alike to each other than in the promos, mostly resembling head A, but neither is exactly like any of them. The hair is OK, actually - a little choppy at the back perhaps, but both fringes are trimmed fairly well. Oddly, there are no neck pegs included, so you will either need to pad the sockets or use an existing peg. Skintone: in hand, I'd say they were TBL pale, but judge for yourselves:

Pale at left, suntan at right.

Natural Daylight:
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 DSCN7726

Ambient Lighting:
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 DSCN7729

Flash:
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 DSCN7724

BIG SOCKET:
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 DSCN7733

Diana

Diana
Thank you for the pics!

They do look pretty, but I realize I really did not need two of them. Laughing

I ordered green and white, so I'm looking forward to the comparison!

I'm torn about the skin color. On the one hand it's kinda convenient that it goes with both pale and suntan, but on the other neither one is perfect. I couldn't decide which looks best. Though a make-up artist once told me that the face should never be darker than the neck (back then so many women were applying a fake tan this way), because it is unnatural and just looks wrong. The face apparently doesn't tan as fast as the rest (unless the rest is covered of course).

But in natural daylight I agree she looks closer to pale. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yep, it's all down to the lighting as usual Smile

It's an interesting point, though. I suppose you can handwave a fair few sculpt/body tonal mismatches as a character's makeup choices, right or wrong, if all else fails.  Smile

I also now realise I didn't really need more than one, seeing as the faces are more alike than anticipated (I liked the blue hair but not the blue's face, whereas I did like green's face, so my original plan was to mix and match). They aren't exactly alike, though - there is still something more plaintive about the green's face, I think, however subtle. It'll be interesting to see how similar the white one's face is going to be.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Thanks GeeW. Great pics, you've made giantoy a sale today.

It's a shame they aren't a perfect tone match to either TBL skin, but I think it's close enough to pale (which I need more of).

I find a choker or scarf, works wonders at tricking the eye into thinking the tone matches. I've done that with a few older SD heads.

Diana

Diana
Mine have arrived and they are a pretty much perfect match for my battered S16A.
I love them. Initially I preferred the white version because the cut is clean and symmetrical. But while shooting I started paying more attention to the green version. Smile

NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4715
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4714
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4713
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4718
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4716
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4717
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4719
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4720
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4721
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4723
NEW PRODUCT: DS TOYS 1/6 COSPLAY Short-haired female head sculpture in three hair colours D-011 / D-012 / D-013 Img_4722

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see what you mean, Diana, and I agree. Nice photos.

csyeung

csyeung
Nice Photos Diana! Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum