OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mystique action figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mystique action figure Empty Mystique action figure Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:30 pm

Isaiah90

Got this Mystique action figure from the X-Men live action movie trilogy. Sexy as hell lol. I'd totally bang. I love how detailed it is.Mystique action figure Fb_img16
Mystique action figure Fb_img17

2Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:26 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Er... is this one sixth scale?

3Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A very extensively articulated figure, but seems to be from a 6-inch line, so I'm moving it to the non-sixth-scale section.

4Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:08 am

Diana

Diana
A beautiful figure! Makes me want to recreate it with a 1/6 TBLeague body... one step at a time I suppose... Laughing

5Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:00 am

Isaiah90

😂 you make custom action figures?

6Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:20 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I think you're on the wrong forum mate.

7Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:48 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:A beautiful figure! Makes me want to recreate it with a 1/6 TBLeague body... one step at a time I suppose... Laughing

It might be doable, with a lot of patience. Perhaps the "spots" will have to be silicon glue with pigment.

8Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:40 am

Diana

Diana
Isaiah90 wrote:😂 you make custom action figures?

Not yet. Getting ready for it. Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:
Diana wrote:A beautiful figure! Makes me want to recreate it with a 1/6 TBLeague body... one step at a time I suppose... Laughing

It might be doable, with a lot of patience. Perhaps the "spots" will have to be silicon glue with pigment.
That's what I was thinking, to add a little thickness. But what to use to apply it this precisely? Thin brush? Toothpick? I'll practice.
I suspect "Nude by Nature" won't have that blue Laughing so it would have to be pastels or Rit dye... or maybe a combination.

One day I will do this. But I shall start with painting some normal heads. I have three unpainted heads waiting for the experiment to start: Charlize, Ellie and Naomi. Paints, brushes, matte finish all at the ready. Just waiting for my work space to materialize so my cats won't trample all over everything. bounce

9Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:39 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There was a company a couple years ago that was going to attempt this in 1/6th using Jennifer Lawrence as the reference. I think it was SoosooToys, but they couldn’t figure it out, so opted instead for the X uniform look instead. I was actually looking forward to it, as a bunch of us were on a list to get a custom Rebecca Romijn sculpt to replace it, but since the figure was ultimately changed, it never happened.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mystique action figure C8485110

10Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:45 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:There was a company a couple years ago that was going to attempt this in 1/6th using Jennifer Lawrence as the reference. I think it was SoosooToys, but they couldn’t figure it out, so opted instead for the X uniform look instead. I was actually looking forward to it, as a bunch of us were on a list to get a custom Rebecca Romijn sculpt to replace it, but since the figure was ultimately changed, it never happened.

I'm sure I've seen the full blue version still up for preorder scratch Comic Sanctorum perhaps?

11Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana, it's been so long since I've used this method, I'm possibly forgetting, but I think I used toothpicks to apply the silicon glue mixed with pigment. In my book, you're brave starting your painting experiments with female heads, although I suppose it is not objectively fair that a finer and subtler application needs to be reserved for them. I've always felt more queasy about repainting them than male heads, where I didn't care as much about possibly messing them up. Smile Then again, you're starting with unpainted heads, so that too is different.

12Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:29 am

Isaiah90

Diana wrote:

I'm interested in having you make a custom action figure for me in the future! 😃

13Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:30 am

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Diana, it's been so long since I've used this method, I'm possibly forgetting, but I think I used toothpicks to apply the silicon glue mixed with pigment. In my book, you're brave starting your painting experiments with female heads, although I suppose it is not objectively fair that a finer and subtler application needs to be reserved for them. I've always felt more queasy about repainting them than male heads, where I didn't care as much about possibly messing them up. Smile Then again, you're starting with unpainted heads, so that too is different.

I used to draw a lot and female faces are kinda my speciality, so it feels natural. I also tend to not get started with things unless I feel ready to pretty much nail it with the first attempt. I don't actually have that expectation for the heads, as I'm sure there are lots of aspects that just need practice, but yes, that's why I have the blank heads. This way I feel more comfortable making mistakes. Laughing

Isaiah90 wrote:
Diana wrote:

I'm interested in having you make a custom action figure for me in the future! 😃

Hah! Well, feel free to check back in next year or so. By then I'm sure I'll have a thread for my first attempts. Smile

14Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:56 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Painting on blue liquid latex might work well with the silicone sealant/glue in thinner areas and where it needs to be more flexible.

15Mystique action figure Empty Re: Mystique action figure Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:38 pm

Isaiah90

shovelchop81 wrote:I think you're on the wrong forum mate.

I think you secretly have a toy fetish 😂

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum