OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:57 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
First Officer Sasha: Captain we just received a distress signal on all channels! It's from Captain Aeron of the flagship RPV The Jolly Rogers.

She says they're under attack from A swarm of angry space patrols. Her engines dead and the warp core is venting
plasma and she can't to eject the core, her weapons are depleted, her shields and life support are failing!!!

Most of her crew are dead, the destruction of her vessel is imminent. PLEASE HELP!!!

Their about seven light years out, so do we help them.

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFU5xAChVkHosted on Fotki
Captain Starsha: Well of course we're going help them because that's what we do and nobody else will.
That why I'm forming the Pirates/ Smugglers and Mercenaries Alliance in the first place.
Oh great it's those blood sucking Space Patrols at it again, how wonderful!

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFurxAChVkHosted on Fotki
First Officer Sasha: Should I send her your reply and tell her were on our way in an encrypted transmission?

Captain Starsha: No absolutely not! I'm not about to tip my hand to those dang space patrols!

Although I'm extremely worried that she might be carrying a Corbonite device embedded somewhere in her ship like we do?

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFHqxAChVkHosted on Fotki
First Officer Sasha: What in the devil is a Corbonite device?

Captain Starsha: Well Sasha it basically a doomsday device of last resort that only that only Pirate's Captains know
about and not the crew, it is not recorded in any of the ships files and it will automatically destroy any attacker, but
in our case we are carrying a device called a Nova Bomb, and it's tied directly to our engines just case our ship and
engines suffer total devastation. Our engines are so powerful when device is detonated it will cause a chain
reaction causing our to ship to go supernova destroying the entire solar system, it's literally a no win scenario for everyone.

First Officer Sasha: Whoa WTF??? Are saying that we're literally sitting a in a time bomb that could go off any second!!!

And for some unknown reason you didn't think that it was necessary to tell your crew or even your own twin sister
about this little tidbit of information until now!

Captain Starsha: Sasha don't you think you're overreacting a bit?
Now get back to your post, we still have a ship to rescue remember!

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFedxAChVkHosted on Fotki
First Officer Sasha: thinking to herself some days I just hate her but she's my sister so what can I do.

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFQ5xAChVkHosted on Fotki
Captain Starsha: Listen up crew this is what we are going to do we're going to rescue her and her crew ASAP!
Helm plot a course to her ship at Emergency Trans-Warp speed than drop to sub-light speed as we grow closer to
her ship, and just over a billion miles away slow to impulse speed, once there safely aboard than punch it back
to Trans-Warp speed, we do not want to be anywhere near there just in case she is actually carrying a Corbonite
device, I don't think our shielding can with stand that kind of blast.

Transporter room 04 prepare for emergency transport of Captain Aeron and her surviving crew.

Tactical officer engage the cloaking and phase shifting device now.

Ladies go sit down and buckle up as you all know we have never attempted Trans-Warp speed before.

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFKrxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Captain Starsha: Emergency Trans-Warp speed NOW!

Thinking to herself: Please Captain Aeron hold on a little bit longer we're coming.
You know Aeron is a very unusual name, but I did know one back in college she was my BFFs and roommate
back then but what are the odds this person is actually her, one in a trillion?

"Holy _hit!" So this is Emergency Trans-Warp huh I don't like it one bit!

OMG humans were never intended to go this fast, whoever invented that Trans-Warp engine was an idiot!!!

I just hope we all don't turn into a bunch of primitive space lizards or something, OMG how embarrassing would that be!

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFp8xAChVkHosted on Fotki
(off screen) The helmsman Milla: Captain we're dropping from Emergency Trans-Warp to to sub-light speed now.

Captain Starsha finally opening her eyes and letting out a deep breath and Thinking to herself: OMG we're still alive, the ship is still in one piece and we're not space lizards! YESS!!!

The helmsman Milla: Now slowing down to to impulse speed we're almost over her ship.

Transporter room: Captain we have them aboard safe and sound but I'm sorry to report their only 3 survivors.

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFwFxAChVkHosted on Fotki
First Officer Sasha: Her ship is starting to coming apart at the seams, we need to leave now!

Captain Starsha: Emergency Trans-Warp speed NOW!

The helmsman Milla: Where to  Captain?

Captain Starsha: I don't care anywhere but here!

About 1/4 light year away.

Science Officer Nikki: Captain our sensors just detected a a huge explosion coming that area.
It appears you were right, they were carrying a Corbonite device or something way worse!

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFfdxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Captain Starsha: Rear view screen on! Nikki what is the magnification set at?

Science Officer Nikki: Captain it is set a normal magnification and it's gaining on us.

Captain Starsha: Engineering we need more speed from those engines NOW!

Engineer Scotti: I sorry captain I giving it all she's got!

NOTE

I just redid all the photos again but this time with options 04. Please let me know if they are working or not.

If options 04 works out it will be the one I will be using in my threads from now on.

2Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad to see you still having fun with your characters. I will not ask whether it does not get cold in space, but I am curious whether transformation into space lizards is a common occurrence and concern. Wink Interesting view backwards... hopefully they outrun it. Or is this way of signalling you're on to a new diorama set up? Smile

3Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:30 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad to see you still having fun with your characters. I will not ask whether it does not get cold in space, but I am curious whether transformation into space lizards is a common occurrence and concern. Wink Interesting view backwards... hopefully they outrun it. Or is this way of signalling you're on to a new diorama set up? Smile

Thank you, Captain Starsha has never traveled at Trans-Warp speeds before and was very worried about what the repercussions might be, like travelling back a billion years in evolution and everyone turning into giant space lizards but fortunately that didn't happen.

It's hard to say at this time but I do have a new story line in mind involving a mysterious visitor.

I have considered building the front part of the bridge diorama set up.

4Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:07 am

Diana

Diana
I can only see images 1 and 5. Clicking on the link of image 2 also didn't help. The page loaded, but the image was broken. Would love to see the entire thing! cyclops

5Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:11 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting dilemma they seem to be running into. Hope they can escape whatever was on that other ship.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! C8485110

6Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:47 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
She looks like a badass space boss commander in that seat of power. I didn't had the time to read the story, but will do later. Smile  nice setup from the pics alone!

7Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:59 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Diana wrote:I can only see images 1 and 5. Clicking on the link of image 2 also didn't help. The page loaded, but the image was broken. Would love to see the entire thing! cyclops

I'm so sorry to hear that Diana, everything seems to be working fine on my end so I highly suspect that it has something with the Fotki photo hosting site itself? Please try this post again and if some of the photos are still not showing up than please try clicking on the first photo itself (if it's still working) hopefully it will take you directly to that photo in my Fotki Folder and you should be able to view the rest photos from there.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing my photos?

Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting dilemma they seem to be running into. Hope they can escape whatever was on that other ship.

Thank you Stryker2011, I guess only time will tell?

Valiarde wrote:She looks like a badass space boss commander in that seat of power. I didn't had the time to read the story, but will do later. Smile  nice setup from the pics alone!

Thanks Valiarde, I hope you enjoy the story when you get time.

8Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:05 am

Diana

Diana
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
Diana wrote:I can only see images 1 and 5. Clicking on the link of image 2 also didn't help. The page loaded, but the image was broken. Would love to see the entire thing! cyclops

I'm so sorry to hear that Diana, everything seems to be working fine on my end so I highly suspect that it has something with the Fotki photo hosting site itself? Please try this post again and if some of the photos are still not showing up than please try clicking on the first photo itself (if it's still working) hopefully it will take you directly to that photo in my Fotki Folder and you should be able to view the rest photos from there.

It didn't work. I clicked on the first image, which worked, but on the "Next" page the image was still broken.

I don't know why some work and some don't. But I assume it has to do with my work's network/firewall settings, because many YouTube videos are also blocked. And since many seem to be visiting the board during work hours (Laughing) I assume there will be others affected.

If you use the built in image hosting feature you'll be on the safe side. You can upload as many images as you want, three images at a time.

Now back to the post. Wink

9Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:14 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Diana wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:

It didn't work. I clicked on the first image, which worked, but on the "Next" page the image was still broken.

I don't know why some work and some don't. But I assume it has to do with my work's network/firewall settings, because many YouTube videos are also blocked. And since many seem to be visiting the board during work hours (Laughing) I assume there will be others affected.

If you use the built in image hosting feature you'll be on the safe side. You can upload as many images as you want, three images at a time.

Now back to the post. Wink

I had totally forgotten about the built in image hosting feature but I would rather stay with Fotki for now.

I will experiment with the Fotki other options first.

01 - https://media.fotki.com/2v2aLYFurxAChVk.jpg

02-
Hosted on Fotki

03 - Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Photo14-vi

04 - Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFurxAChVkHosted on Fotki

05 - Hosted on Fotki

Do any of these 1-5 options work?

If any of these options do work than I can go back and edit that post.

These other options didn't work back in 2017 when I first joined Fotki so I just went with what I thought worked.

10Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Only 3 and 4 display automatically for me.

11Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:29 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GubernatorFan wrote:Only 3 and 4 display automatically for me.

Thank you GubernatorFan for your for input it helps me narrow things down.

On my Fotki account there 11 options but only 6 of them seem to work for me (including the the one I usually use) but suspected 03 might work better.

Can any one else view these photos?

12Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:10 pm

davidd

davidd
I see nine images in the original post. How many should there be?  scratch

In the test post, Image 1 is a link. 2, 3, 4, and 5 all display as they should.

The Star Patrol is probably trying to jam the transmission.

Or perhaps it's time to switch to either Flickr or 23hq.com for your photo hosting.  Wink

13Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:30 pm

davidd

davidd
Star Patrol in The Aeron Incident - Part I - Cut & Run

Units of Star Patrol Squadron 13, including scout ship FS-009 Edward D. Wood Jr., have assisted in an attack by combined space forces on the RPV Jolly Rogers, a suspected space pirate vessel believed to be under the command of a notorious and mysterious vandal of the void known as Aeron. Having suffered considerable damage in the encounter, the space forces withdraw, leaving the shattered hulk of the pirate vessel adrift and ablaze.

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931144048_7e33202af1_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931391694_fc6d06387e_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931143978_225e8fbd99_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931062156_2a7feddc6e_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931143898_801ddda8ff_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931143878_ce3518ea62_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931143843_6c05398350_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931677460_85f7a3af90_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51930081077_6cf8eee831_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931391434_5b2532be5c_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51930080987_68eb8c00e3_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931391364_d0708971b7_c

14Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:10 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
davidd wrote:I see nine images in the original post. How many should there be?  scratch

In the test post, Image 1 is a link. 2, 3, 4, and 5 all display as they should.

The Star Patrol is probably trying to jam the transmission.

Or perhaps it's time to switch to either Flickr or 23hq.com for your photo hosting.  Wink

Thank you davidd for your for input, there are 9 photos in the original post but Diana can only see 2 of them at this time
so I'm trying to figure out a way so everyone can view all the photos.

Just curious were you able to see any of the test photos?

Oh yeah that could be the problem, those sneaky Star Patrol might be up to something again. LOL

Thank you for your recommendation on a new photo hosting site.

15Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:24 pm

davidd

davidd
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Just curious were you able to see any of the test photos?

Yes: Test photo 1 shows only as a link. 2,3,4,5 display properly.

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aLYFurxAChVk

I am able to embed the image from Test Photo 1 using the [ img ] tags:

Code:
[img]https://media.fotki.com/2v2aLYFurxAChVk.jpg[/img]

I would suggest you try linking to a smaller version of the image. I believe the horizontal size of the images you've linked to is 1400 px. The maximum size allowed by the forum software (without displaying the "Click to see full size" text) appears to be 800 px in width. If you select the 800 px size to insert, the forum may handle it better. Sometimes the extra processing required to resize larger images results in display issues.

16Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:35 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
davidd wrote:Star Patrol in The Aeron Incident - Part I - Cut & Run

Units of Star Patrol Squadron 13, including scout ship FS-009 Edward D. Wood Jr., have assisted in an attack by combined space forces on the RPV Jolly Rogers, a suspected space pirate vessel believed to be under the command of a notorious and mysterious vandal of the void known as Aeron. Having suffered considerable damage in the encounter, the space forces withdraw, leaving the shattered hulk of the pirate vessel adrift and ablaze.

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931144048_7e33202af1_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931391694_fc6d06387e_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931143978_225e8fbd99_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931062156_2a7feddc6e_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931143898_801ddda8ff_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931143878_ce3518ea62_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931143843_6c05398350_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931677460_85f7a3af90_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51930081077_6cf8eee831_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931391434_5b2532be5c_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51930080987_68eb8c00e3_c

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 51931391364_d0708971b7_c

Very Cool! I love it!

Were they able escape the blast radius? (It's not looking for Captain Starsha)

17Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:11 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
davidd wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Just curious were you able to see any of the test photos?

Yes: Test photo 1 shows only as a link. 2,3,4,5 display properly.

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! 2v2aCDNcFxAChVk

I am able to embed the image from Test Photo 1 using the [ img ] tags:

Code:
[img]https://media.fotki.com/2v2aCDNcFxAChVk.jpg[/img]

I would suggest you try linking to a smaller version of the image. I believe the horizontal size of the images you've linked to is 1400 px. The maximum size allowed by the forum software (without displaying the "Click to see full size" text) appears to be 800 px in width. If you select the 800 px size to insert, the forum may handle it better. Sometimes the extra processing required to resize larger images results in display issues.

That's great to hear! And thanks for the help.

Before I send my photos to Fotki I reduce them to 1000 x 725 but maybe they are still too large?

EDIT

Oh man good catch! It appears that I missed a few photos that were still at full size. Thank again.

It's no wonder they weren't working right. I will fix them now.

18Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:59 am

Diana

Diana
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I will experiment with the Fotki other options first.

[...]

Only option 4 works for me.
In the original post I am now only not seeing images 2, 4 and 8.

And great continuation of the story! I'm not much of a reader (not for fun anyway), but I really enjoy your little comics. Smile

19Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As always, Dave is impressively interactive.

20Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:40 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Do any of these 1-5 options work?

These other options didn't work back in 2017 when I first joined Fotki so I just went with what I thought worked.

The only one that didn't work for me was option 1 -- just a link. (But, that was already covered.)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! C8485110

21Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:26 pm

davidd

davidd
Another possibility, which is an issue on Flickr - if you "replace" the image on the hosting site, the URL actually changes. This means if you link to a photo, but then later replace the image on the photo hosting site, the link in your post becomes invalid. In the case of Flickr, replacing the image on Flickr necessitates replacing the image link anywhere you have that image posted.

This is probably not the case with your photos, however, since the links continue to work even when the image is not visible.

22Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Empty Re: Captain Starsha's Rescue Mission! Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:31 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Diana wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I will experiment with the Fotki other options first.

[...]

Only option 4 works for me.
In the original post I am now only not seeing images 2, 4 and 8.

And great continuation of the story! I'm not much of a reader (not for fun anyway), but I really enjoy your little comics. Smile

Thank you Diana for your input it really helps me out. That's good to hear, I think I'm getting closer to figuring this one out.

I redid all the photos with option 4 this time, I hope you can view all 9 photos now.

Stryker2011 wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Do any of these 1-5 options work?

The only one that didn't work for me was option 1 -- just a link. (But, that was already covered.)

Thank you Stryker2011 for your input, its most helpful.
I'm finding it odd how some members can view most of all the option and some can't.

davidd wrote:Another possibility, which is an issue on Flickr - if you "replace" the image on the hosting site, the URL actually changes. This means if you link to a photo, but then later replace the image on the photo hosting site, the link in your post becomes invalid. In the case of Flickr, replacing the image on Flickr necessitates replacing the image link anywhere you have that image posted.

This is probably not the case with your photos, however, since the links continue to work even when the image is not visible.

Thanks davidd, I know what you mean, last night after replacing all 9 photos in my folder I went over to the MWD Forum to work on my post over there to find out I still had photos but all the wrong ones. (way older)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum