OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Empty VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:37 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Not exactly a new product - in fact, it is becoming harder to find - but I've got one recently and wanted to share.

VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero AHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudnRveXN0dWRpby5jb20vcWZ5LWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDIwLzEwL2FiYzU3NWQ5NDc5NzU3NWMxNTM2ZmFiZDY5NDM5YTVhLmpwZz9haS1uby1jYWNoZT10cnVl

This is one of several blank bodies currently offered on the market. It has a muscular, "heroic" build, decent proportions (as far as I can tell),
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3620 VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3621

and reasonably well executed articulation:
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3622 VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3624 VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3623

While it does not offer a synthetic human level flexibility, it has all the necessary articulation points and quite impressive range, definitely exceeding that of Damtoys Testman (the only other blank male body I have at hand).

Height-wise it's exactly "Mezco scale" - which is on the larger end of 1/12 spectrum -
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3626 VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3625 VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3627

But naturally works with other Mezco figures:
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3628

Overall, I consider it a decent base body for customs. Throw in some clothes and shoes (he comes with a pair) and you have a Mezco-style henchman/goon which kind of works even with supplied head. The head can be painted of course, or replaced with something more specific.
I plan to make another Superman with it - modern Rebirth look. But it may take a month or more to complete.

2VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Empty Re: VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:20 am

Diana

Diana
Oooh!! Thank you very much! I've been eyeing that one for a while, but since I have both of the TBLeague males I couldn't justify the spendage.

Poor synthetic human. Laughing

Mine is on the way btw. bounce

3VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Empty Re: VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, I've been wondering about this for awhile, and it looks very good.

4VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Empty Re: VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I just received mine. Pretty good for a hard-plastic open-jointed body.

5VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Empty Re: VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Some progress with custom Superman:
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3720 VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3721 VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3719

Need to add a belt and a cape. And attach the House of El emblem. And sew up the suit on the back. No end in sight, really.

As for the head, it's great that Mezco Christopher Reeve Superman comes with 3 heads (of course the peg size is different but it's solvable):
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3722

Or Henry Cavill head from Manipple Studio (Reeve vs Cavill: who wins the super-staring contest?):
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3723

However, this Cavill head is currently allotted to the custom DCEU Clark Kent, and I can't find another one is stock:
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3725

Meanwhile, the head which comes with this body reminds me of Agent 47
VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Cnr_3724

Or Lex Luthor.
Which was not part of the plan. Now I need another MeToys suited body. Or two.
Sad

6VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Empty Re: VTOYS x BMS 1/12 Figure Body Zero Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum