OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

I finally got my Qi An Toys DR-008 head yesterday for the custom Sadako Yamamura that I'm trying to make. For ghost characters, this head is pretty ok. I tried it on a TBLeague S17 body but there's a gap between the head and the neck's ball joint. Normally this would be bad, but since I'm making a ghost character, it's actually useful because it allows her to move her head in unnatural ways.

Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 0011

Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 0111

Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 0211

It is possible to not have the gap visible with proper camera angles if you want to use her as a normal, living human being. You can also use her long hair to cover up the gap.

As for Sadako Yamamura, she's the star of the horror movie series Ringu (aka The Ring worldwide). She's known famously as the ghost who climbs out of your tv screen after you watch her cursed video tape. Over the years, many beautiful actresses portrayed her.

I'm just waiting for her white dress to arrive from China, I hope they ship it out fast soon lol!

Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 03a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 04a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 05a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 06a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 07a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 08a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 09a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 10a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 11a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 12a10
Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head 13a10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, appropriately creepy!

Adeno

Lol thanks, she's my favorite ghost of all time I love you

csyeung

csyeung
Nope!

Adeno

When I wake up, maybe I'll just see her staring down on me lol!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You just cursed yourself. I watched the American version and didn’t think much of it. Then I watched the original Ringu and the final scene where she crawled out of the TV was 10x better (ie, scarier) than the waste of film American version. Yours is going to look pretty wild once the dress arrives.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Qi An Toys DR-008 Pictorial, Good Custom Sadako Yamamura Head C8485110

Adeno

Thanks, Sadako is also excited for her "nun dress" to arrive (it's the one on Ebay, it's white but can work as her white dress if I take off the nun hood lol)!

There's gonna be an upcoming movie this fall called Sadako DX, which seems like it'll follow the continuation of the original novel set in the future!

Just recently, aside from the official Sadako VS Kayako (Kayako's the ghost mom from the Ju-On/Grudge series who likes making croaking sounds), I recently discovered there were unofficial Sadako movies made in China! It's the Bunshinsaba VS Sadako trilogy! Bunshinsaba was originally a Korean ghost movie in the early 2000s but was "adopted" by China as the "Pen Fairy", a ghost who wears a red dress and she uses telekinetic powers to kill people by making pencils and other objects fly at them. She's called that because you use a ouija board and a pencil or pen to summon her. Basically in the trilogy, what usually happens is someone watches (or accidentally watches) Sadako's death video, which can now be found online in the real world, and they get cursed. To save themselves, they summon the Pen Fairy to fight Sadako! The fights are awesome! It's more like a horror/comedy movie where the horror part truly is scary and serious, while the comedy parts are also hilarious!

You can watch the official Bunshinsaba VS Sadako 1 on the movie company's youtube page (it seems they're official, they have tons of Chinese movies and tv shows). It doesn't have English subtitles, but last week I worked on the movie and gave it English subtitles (by taking pictures of the Chinese subtitles and using an image translator to work on it) which I uploaded to a... "ya'rrr captain of the digital seas" site lol (if you want to watch the version with English subtitles just let me know since I don't know if it's ok to share unofficial movie links here)!

Bunshinsaba VS Sadako 2 is also on youtube, but Bunshinsaba VS Sadako 3 (aka Bunshinsaba - Hoichi the Earless) is on another "ya'rr captain of the digital seas" site.

Bunshinsaba VS Sadako 1 (This is the official Chinese version, the unofficial English subtitled version I made is elsewhere:)

Bunshinsaba VS Sadako 2 (This one has English subtitles already):

Ovy

Ovy
Those eye and hair shots work really well, great horror shooting.

I thought there were like two or three ring films, turns out there are several hundred!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good stuff! congrats!
I'm going to have nightmares tonight Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Adeno

Thanks!

Sadako's story is really interesting and it actually has many versions. Some stick close to the original novel, others have been modified a bit to focus more on horror. It originally started as a novel, which became a tv movie, which became a theaterical movie (the famous Ringu that everybody knows), which then produced many sequels and "unofficial adaptations" lol!

Some of them can be seen freely on youtube, probably because they're already old movies.

Oh Sadako has her own youtube channel now where she promotes her upcoming movies lol!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Adeno wrote:Thanks!

Sadako's story is really interesting and it actually has many versions. Some stick close to the original novel, others have been modified a bit to focus more on horror. It originally started as a novel, which became a tv movie, which became a theaterical movie (the famous Ringu that everybody knows), which then produced many sequels and "unofficial adaptations" lol!

Some of them can be seen freely on youtube, probably because they're already old movies.

Oh Sadako has her own youtube channel now where she promotes her upcoming movies lol!

I watched the original The Ring (1998) years ago. I also watched the US remake.
The eye direction of your figure works so well.

Back in 2020 i started work on a kitbash based on Asami Yamazaki from Audition
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2844-project-asami-yamazaki-from-audition
It began after i was bored, stuck home during the never-ending Covid-19 lockdown.

Adeno

Oh you really made an awesome Asami! I also love Audition! It was one of my first torture/gore Japanese movies, along with the Guinea Pig series! I love how your Asami also comes with a freshly cut off foot lol! Very good job!

I wish more companies made horror characters, lots of people love them!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Adeno wrote:Oh you really made an awesome Asami! I also love Audition! It was one of my first torture/gore Japanese movies, along with the Guinea Pig series! I love how your Asami also comes with a freshly cut off foot lol! Very good job!

I wish more companies made horror characters, lots of people love them!

Thanks.
I watched one episode of Guinea Pig and decided it was too much for me. A step too far. I recall picking up the DVD box set complete with t-shirt. Needless to say i sold it. It's probably worth something now. Maybe i should have held onto it.

Audition, i have a lot of time for that movie. A nightmare of epic proportions!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic work ! Create horror just by posing a figure , really genius. That´s a Charcter who really need the rolling eyeballs

Ovy

Ovy
After looking at Spookies new pics, well I think a 1/6 figure has the perfect size to crawl out of a tablet. Or 1/12 could crawl out of you phone any second. Goung with the times. Beware!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum