OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Brown Art The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern 1/6 Scale Action Figure BA-0007

Parts list:

1.Bearskin cap x 1 pvc + cloth
2.Bicorne x 1 cloth
3.Head sculpt x 1 pvc
4.Body x 1 abs
5.Greatcoat x 1 cloth
6.Overcoat x 1 cloth
7.waistcoat x 1 cloth
8.trousers x 1 cloth
9.Boots x 1pair pvc + real leather
10.sabre belt x 1 real leather
11.Sabre x 1 metal
12.medal x 1 metal
13.Gorget x 1 metal
14.Smoking pipe x 1 metal
15.Hand x 5 pvc
16.Gloves x 1pair cloth
17.Epaulette x 1 cloth
18.swagger stick x 1 metal

NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree796
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree304
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree795
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree797
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree799
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree798
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree801
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree802
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree800
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree803
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree306
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree305
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree307
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree804

The French Imperial Guard - Corporals 1/6 Scale Action Figure BA-0008

Parts list:

1.Bearskin cap x 1 pvc + cloth
2.Rifle x 1 wood + metal
3.Head sculpt x 1 pvc
4.Body x 1 pvc
5.Full dress jacket x 1 cloth
6.waistcoat x 1 cloth
7.trousers x 1 cloth
8.gaiters x 1pair cloth
9.Shoes x 1pair pvc
10.Haversack x 1 cloth
11.Cartridge pouch x 1 real leather
12.sabre belt x 1 real leather
13.Sabre x 1 metal
14.Bayonet x 1 metal
15. Scabbard x 1 real leather
16.Hand x 5 pvc
17.Gloves x 1pair cloth
18.Epaulette x 1 cloth
19.Rank stripe x2 pvc

NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree805
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree309
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree308
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree806
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree310
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree807
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree808
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree311
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree809
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree313
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree312
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree314
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree315
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree316
NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) Scree810

#newproduct #BrownArt #French #ImperialLegion #Subaltern #Corporals #male #military #historical

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is not from a place and time that I collect myself, but nice to see more products by Brown Art and their attention on historical figures.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
I agree. Not an era I collect but they look really nice and well done. Also is nice to see them back after their initial releases.

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Tony Barton

The Officer is pretty good, though perhaps some of the yellow thread holding the gilt items in place is a bit crude.
The Corporal is another matter : he's intended to be a Grenadier of the Guard, the senior Regiment, and moustaches were obligatory, along with queued hair and earrings. The coat collar is also too low.
It would also have been nice to provide him with the option of blue trousers, worn far more often than the dress breeches and tall gaiters.
I made these comments on OSW, and Brown Arts spokesperson was good enough to acknowledge them,so perhaps they will make some changes, though past experience tends to suggest that rarely happens.  There seems to be a policy with so many historical figure makers of finalising the design without seeking any informed input, then producing that design without any scope for improvement.
Rather putting the cart before the horse...
The Corporal , or at least a Grenadier, was made rather more accurately by Dragon many years back.
But anyone prepared to do some work and change the head could make a nice figure from this.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the input, Tony. Nice to see you still checking in with us.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Brown Art: 1/6 scale Action Figures: The French Imperial Guard - Subaltern (BA-0007) & Corporals (BA-0008) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Obligatory earrings on Napoleonic troops? I learn new things every day.

Tony Barton

I think the earrings was one of those " elite " ideas probably promoted by the soldiers themselves, and it stuck. The pigtailed hair was another relic of the 1790s really, almost entirely abandoned by everyone else by about 1807.
The Guard was entirely recruited from experienced veterans, and they liked to keep the visible distinctions, just to rub the point home to new conscripts.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for filling us in, Tony. This is not "my" period, so I'm pretty clueless. And these details seem not to be reproduced accurately a lot -- or I just haven't noticed -- in film or other representations.

ahbake

Wow, hadn't seen Tony since the good old days of the Sixth Division WWII boards... I remember marvelling in utter awe at his sculpts and customised figures.

djamesi

Just out of curiosity, can anyone familiar with the Napoleonic army tell us what exact rank the “subaltern” figure is? Sous-Lieutenant? Lieutenant? Capitaine? Other? (By definition, a subaltern in the British Army refers to an officer below the rank of Captain, particularly a Second Lieutenant, but I’m not clear if this applies to the   French Napoleonic Army in general, or this figure in particular.)

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks pretty good to me, though I would defer to Tony for this one.

Tony Barton

They've provide two epaulettes and two contra-epaulettes, so the rank can be what you fancy, almost. The official regulations were :

Colonel :two gold fringed epaulettes
Major : as Colonel but silver straps
Chef-de Battalion :as Colonel but gold fringe on left only
Captain: same
Lieutenant : as Captain but red stripe on straps
Sous-Lieutenant : two red stripes
Adjutant Sous-Officier : red straps with two gold stripes and mixed red & gold fringe on left

I think these are nice figures, and most of the kit is fine. But the omission of the moustache etc on the Grenadier shows that they don't really understand the subject.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the expert break-down, Tony.

djamesi

Yes-Ditto! Thank you for the clarification!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum