OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
TOYS ERA PE010THE PATRIOT PATRIOTIC FIGHTER Head Eagle and Body Accessories: ★1 head eagle x 2 pieces 2 x Highly detailed head sculpts, one unhelmeted and one helmeted. ★1/6 movable body 1/6 Scale figure mucsuler body, approximately 30cm tall ★ Hand size x 7 pcs Gloved hands x 7 piece Clothing accessories: Costume: ★ Suit x 1 piece Body suit, with pauldron, shoulder strap and ★ Pants x 1 piece Pants with knee pads ★ Tactical belt Tactical belt ★ Boots x1 pair Boots Other accessories: Other accessories: ★ Shield Round Shield ★ Bracelet Pistol with holster ★ Platform x1 Figure Stand

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14160010
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14160211
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14160510
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14160610
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14160710
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14160912
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14161215
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14161313
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14161517
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14161616
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14161717
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14161815
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14161912
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT 14162013

#newproduct #ToysEra #ThePatriot #male #comicbook #PayTV-based

Ovy

Ovy
Was trying to guess who 'The Patriot' might be, either Mel Gibson, another Homelander or some President. But did not think of this dude.

It's funny how this wannabe Captain America is ignored by Hot Toys so third parties have to take the job.  Razz He looks like customs would burn him for plagiarization.

Looks solid, I like the texture of the material. The helmeted version, especially the grin and prominent ears, look quite accurate from little I remember of the show.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I agree. Seems to be a very good take on the character.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Someone needs to fill me in... I'm behind on superheroes, although Ovy's post offers some tantalizing clues. Anyway, like SooSoo and others, Toys Era fill in a gap. The set is pretty basic, but since this has not been picked up and made in a slew of variations by bigger company, it might sell well if there are enough fans who want it in this scale.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Someone needs to fill me in... I'm behind on superheroes, although Ovy's post offers some tantalizing clues. Anyway, like SooSoo and others, Toys Era fill in a gap. The set is pretty basic, but since this has not been picked up and made in a slew of variations by bigger company, it might sell well if there are enough fans who want it in this scale.
He's from that Winter Falcon TV show with that much more complicated name.
They want that flying avenger dude with the two guns and the wings to be the new Captain America, but he thinks it would be too much of a burden for him and he rather wants to build a boat with his family and his bro Sebastian Stan (who wouldn't).
So they (some Captain America commitee? I don't remember who 'they' are) find that heroic blonde handsome Veteran who happens to be the son of Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn and make him the new Captain America. He starts with good intentions but it's too much for him to live up to that name, in over his head, being a symbol and an effective operator at the same time. And using a shield as your only equipment must be frustrating too. Then some terrorists steal that super duper serum and he loses, no one respects him and he feels weak and takes some Captain America steroids himself. He is frustrated and angry and slowly descends down a dark path. Very good acting by him.He represents the dirty side of patriotism and CIA or something.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The character is interesting narratively but I don't see the 1/6 collectible potential, and HT was probably right if they passed him up.  He's a mostly negative, morally ambiguous character so I don't see anybody wanting to display him on their shelf because they admire or identify with him.  And he's not an outright villain character, and doesn't really fight the good guys, so there's no displaying him for that.  And thirdly he's intentionally a Captain America derivative, so he can't overcome the above disincentives as a collectible by somehow being visually unique or a novel design.  A classic case maybe of a character who might sell well at the $30 Marvel Legends level for completists but is too handicapped to be fully viable at $200+ Premium Figure level.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Ovy and MBAM for the information, which was just what I needed.

Ghost808

Ghost808
The sculpt is slightly off. He looks like a cross between Michael Rooker and Kurt Russel (which is sort of half right)

Otherwise a good likeness to the suit in the show. (I've only seen promo shots though, not the actual series)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, I wish I would have seen this a few months ago. I could see buying this whole thing, removing the costume and using the head and body for my Scooby-Doo Fred. No idea who the actor is, never saw the show he’s from (don’t have a vested interest), and don’t really care anymore about most of these comic book movies (getting burned out on it at this point).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, I wish I would have seen this a few months ago. I could see buying this whole thing, removing the costume and using the head and body for my Scooby-Doo Fred. No idea who the actor is, never saw the show he’s from (don’t have a vested interest), and don’t really care anymore about most of these comic book movies (getting burned out on it at this point).

I hear you. As for the actor, apparently it is this one, Wyatt Russell:
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT Civzohy2zan0mdfm_1617095239

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmm, after seeing the actor, I agree with ghost808, looks more like a cross between Michael Rooker and Kurt Russell — still a nice, possibly generic, sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: 1/6 PE010 THE PATRIOT C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I think you would probably have to be familiar with US Agent (the long time comic book character) to have any kind of appreciation for his MCU counterpart here, but even then, the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum