OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
"There are so many reasons to join Starfleet. We get to reach for the stars. We get to reach for the best in ourselves."

It’s a time of DISCOVERY for EXO-6, with the first release from Star Trek’s newer shows. Michael Burnham’s career was a rollercoaster from First Officer to prisoner to Commander in a very short time. Commander Burnham’s release celebrates the 5th Anniversary of Star Trek: Discovery.

Always dedicated to Starfleet, Michael was reinstated to Commander at the end of the first season of Star Trek: Discovery. This 1:6-scale figure re-creates the character in detail. Standing 11.25 inches tall, she wears the standard duty uniform of the Discovery crew with silver detailing throughout. She is equipped with the latest in Starfleet technology with complex and detailed accessories that were created using the actual assets used to create the props for the show. The original portrait sculpt of Sonequa Martin-Green has an authentic, hand-painted likeness.

THE EXO-6 MICHAEL BURNHAM 1:6 SCALE ARTICULATED FIGURE INCLUDES:

Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 29 cm tall.
Realistic Portrait: Michael’s portrait is lovingly rendered by top artists, with an excellent likeness of Sonequa Martin-Green. Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted.
Duty Uniform: Meticulously researched, this outfit matches the pattern and color of the original, recreated in 1:6 scale. Details are printed directly on the outfit to better replicate the costume. A belt is included so she can wear the holsters for the tricorder, phaser and communicator. This belt is the “on-board” utility belt and phaser holster as seen in the episode “Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad.” Her boots replicate the ones used in the original costume.
Hands: A total of eleven interchangeable hands are included so she can be displayed holding the communicator, tricorder, the Type II phaser and Phaser rifle. Also the Vulcan salute and neck pinch hands reflect her Vulcan upbringing.
Display Base: A hexagonal display base featuring the Discovery transporter pad will provide additional support for the figure.
Autograph card: An informational card that can used to get an autograph from the performer and displayed with your figure.
Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 28 cm tall.
EQUIPMENT

Michael is outfitted with the latest in 23rd century technology. The props from Star Trek: Discovery are more complicated than those from any other Star Trek show. The EXO-6 phaser rifle is only 3 inches long but includes over 30 parts. She comes equipped with:

Type II hand phaser. The phaser can be worn in a holster that slides on to the belt. A Type I phaser magnetically attaches to the hand grip and can be removed.
Tricorder: This standard tricorder has a removeable medical scanner and can be worn in a holster on the belt.
Phaser rifle: As used on Star Trek: Discovery with flip up front hand grip and extendable stock.
Communicator: With flip top grid and can be worn in a holster on the belt.
This fine collectible figure continues EXO-6’s Mirror Universe line and a great addition to your EXO-6 Star Trek™ 1:6-scale figure collection.

Height: 11 in, (28 cm)
Materials: ABS, PVC, natural and synthetic fabrics.
Art Box Dimensions: 35.3 x 19.6 x 9.1 cm
Prototype shown, actual product may vary.

Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure 2c54c410
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure 6e6e7910
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure Fee8df10
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure D4c3f010
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure 79236610
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure 32bdfb10
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure 82a20e10
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure F4eb5e10
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure 8080f710
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure Ebd3b210
Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure C6160210

#newproduct #EXO-6 #StarTrek #Discovery #Commander #MichaelBurnham #female Sci-Fi #TV

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it, but if they can do this, how come they can't do Uhura or Geordi? You know, characters I've heard of... Yes, my knowledge of Star Trek is less than remedial. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Not a fan of Nu-Trek (DS9 all the way) so I keep forgetting that this character is even female just from the name. Scrolled by and then remembered, not only is she female, but a female of colour. Always nice to get a new option there.

I like it, but I don't think it looks that much like the actress (who I'm more familar with from The Walking Dead). That's a good thing in my book though as I can use it for a generic character.

I imagine though that if this does get parted-out the asking price for that sculpt is going to be (ahem) astronomical.

Diana

Diana
A female lead of colour makes this a welcome release, even though I can't stand her in that show. I liked the premise of the show, but her dragged out teary moments were annoying to me. Not entirely her fault, as the editing implies they were very much going for that.

I liked her on The Walking Dead though.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve never seen any of the new Trek stuff, but the head sculpt looks nice. That bulky Fanny pack thing looks a little dumb to me, and the body seems a bit generic.

Ian, as far as Uhura, from what Nanjin has said, the body is posing difficulties — as he wants a very specific 60s female body type, and not something that’s readily available on market. He had to outsource Seven (he mentioned in passing a “steel skeleton” seamless body). There are mixed comments regarding Uhura’s body on whether it should be totally seamless, semi-seamless, or jointed. Lots of folks want to see a Mirror Universe Uhura (I’m one of them), and I imagine the body would be the same for regular U and MU.

Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure 8cbd8910

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I reckon that a muscle version of a TBL S28 in the appropriate skintone would be good for a Mirrorverse Uhura, but I won't hold my breath.

Diana wrote:I liked her on The Walking Dead though.

Yep, having seen and not enjoyed a few eps of Discovery, I'd sooner she'd stayed with TWD. As awful as that show can be, I think she'd have been better served as an actress.

She went out with a bang, though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That Uhura would definitely benefit from seamless.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Ian, as far as Uhura, from what Nanjin has said, the body is posing difficulties — as he wants a very specific 60s female body type, and not something that’s readily available on market. He had to outsource Seven (he mentioned in passing a “steel skeleton” seamless body). There are mixed comments regarding Uhura’s body on whether it should be totally seamless, semi-seamless, or jointed. Lots of folks want to see a Mirror Universe Uhura (I’m one of them), and I imagine the body would be the same for regular U and MU.

Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure 8cbd8910

Man, I totally agree with you on my gut reaction to a Nanjin Mirror Uhura, but it sure would be mixed feelings.  Mirror Uhura instead of "regular" would be pretty painful to my incomplete regular crew, but simultaneous releases for a double purchase of Regular and Mirror might be a bit much.  At least unlike Mirror Sulu the sculpt expression on Mirror Uhura wouldn't be so extreme, and therefore portable to a regular version.  Maybe a "One figure, two outfits" boxed set would be best?

I <like not love> this figure of Michael Burnham but I feel no engagement to the character at all.  Quite frankly I suspect this release of her right now is more about a demonstration that Exo-6 will go fully into a complete range of all the Star Trek series, rather than perceived fan demand to own Michael Burnham specifically.  The track record of ST Discovery Toys is spotty at best: there was a total lack of toy support at launch and early on, which some fans suggested resulted from a lack of confidence.  Then McFarlane got the license but figures didn't materialize (and the phaser was outright cancelled).  Now apparently Playmates is back on ST with  a set of 8 "Retro style" figures, of which 2 are from Discovery.  For Nanjin's sake I hope that Michael Burnham is that specific kind of figure that evidently isn't really that much desired for mass market retail, but becomes viable for higher end collectibles, where you have a smaller and more costly run, targeted to a smaller and more enthusiastically receptive core group of collectors.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, he did say that she’s a “gap filler” and much more limited than other releases — hence the higher cost.

Commander - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Michael Burnham 1/6 scale action figure C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, he did say that she’s a “gap filler” and much more limited than other releases — hence the higher cost.

Hadn't heard that, but it makes sense.  Thanks for the info.

I wonder what Nanjin's next plans are.  Normally I'd say the money is in TOS and Next Gen, but right now (and somewhat unexpectedly) I think an Anson Mount Captain Pike figure would just go through the roof.  Given Exo-6's very impressive capacity of production speed (and lots of parts re-use, apart from the headsculpt), Exo-6 could be first out of the gate on any serious kind of Strange New Worlds collectible.  Which would be  a license to print money, given the unexpected way the new series has been the only ST in a long time to engage rather than alienate the solid oldschool core of Trekkers.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The biggest hurdle seems to be CBS; from numerous comments he has made he has a bunch of figures ready to go, but the studio takes their sweet ass time when it comes to approval. He has Seven and The Motion Picture Kirk ready, but still has to wait for CBS. I’ve also seen TNG Locutus teased along with several others, including Anson/Pike… so… yeah. Who knows how long this stuff is going to take. Guess even TMP Kirk is a smaller run, as he knows most fans want Wrath of Khan, but the recent 4K release of The Motion Picture has sort of thrown a monkey wrench into his estimates.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:The biggest hurdle seems to be CBS; from numerous comments he has made he has a bunch of figures ready to go, but the studio takes their sweet ass time when it comes to approval. He has Seven and The Motion Picture Kirk ready, but still has to wait for CBS. I’ve also seen TNG Locutus teased along with several others, including Anson/Pike… so… yeah. Who knows how long this stuff is going to take.  Guess even TMP Kirk is a smaller run, as he knows most fans want Wrath of Khan, but the recent 4K release of The Motion Picture has sort of thrown a monkey wrench into his estimates.

All of which is interesting, and makes sense.  I'd heard most of that, but I don't think I ever knew that he teased Anson/Pike.  Timing won't necessarily affect the demand for any of the "perennial" other figures, except that we fans are eager for them.  But Anson/Pike is a special case -- I'm sure he will do well whenever he eventually comes out, but with the heat of ST:SNW right now, an early release riding that wave would do even better.

Ovy

Ovy
Agree, getting the headsculpt separately will be hard and/or expensive. And yes would also work for a generic character.

Actually watched the first three seasons of this, but while it looked really beautiful and expensive, it was too over the top and too much at stake all the time, escalating more every season without much time to breathe. Especially this character here, they bundled so many stories and plot into her which could have been distributed on three more characters. But well I guess that's what just happens to Star Trek Captains.

The character Doug Jones played looked really great though, super believable prosthetics, really tall, great acting, faintly remember seeing him teased as a potential figure. He was the main reason I kept watching.

Great looking gun, although I never liked that pew pew of Star Trek phasers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum