OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Product: He-Man Deluxe 1/6 Scale Figure - Mondo Exclusive Timed Edition (June 21, 2022 12pm CST to June 22, 2022 12pm CST!!!)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Link: https://mondoshop.com/products/he-man-deluxe-1-6-scale-figure-mondo-exclusive-timed-edition

Mondo Blog: https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/masters-of-the-universe-he-man-scale-figure-timed-edition

Price: $260, Free Shipping within USA

Pre-order Available from June 21 12:00 PM CST to June 22 12:00PM CST

Item Description:

By the Power of Grayskull ... you too can have the Power! Mondo is proud to present the return of He-Man to this line of Masters of the Universe 1/6 Scale Figures. This version is the definitive version, containing some of his most well known accessories from the original Mattel releases in the ‘80s.

Featuring over 30 points of articulation, fabric costume elements, and so many accessories, this is the most powerful figure you will ever find ... from here to Eternia!

New Product: He-Man Deluxe 1/6 Scale Figure - Mondo Exclusive Timed Edition (June 21, 2022 12pm CST to June 22, 2022 12pm CST!!!) Heman110

New Product: He-Man Deluxe 1/6 Scale Figure - Mondo Exclusive Timed Edition (June 21, 2022 12pm CST to June 22, 2022 12pm CST!!!) Heman210

New Product: He-Man Deluxe 1/6 Scale Figure - Mondo Exclusive Timed Edition (June 21, 2022 12pm CST to June 22, 2022 12pm CST!!!) Heman310

New Product: He-Man Deluxe 1/6 Scale Figure - Mondo Exclusive Timed Edition (June 21, 2022 12pm CST to June 22, 2022 12pm CST!!!) Heman410

New Product: He-Man Deluxe 1/6 Scale Figure - Mondo Exclusive Timed Edition (June 21, 2022 12pm CST to June 22, 2022 12pm CST!!!) Heman510

Adeno

Oh man, just had to share this for anyone who might be a He-Man fan here! It's a timed exclusive, pre-orders are only up for a day (beginning today until tomorrow!). He's BEAUTIFUL!!! But so expensive, $260!!!

He seems to come equipped with good modern day articulation as well, although I noticed that he doesn't have butterfly shoulder joints. That's one area where he might be limited when it comes to motion. It looks like he can do decent leg splits and his feet seem to have the ability to be tilted around as well to help in posing. He also appears to have upper body crunch ability so he can most likely bend forward and backward to a very good degree. In the Mondo blog, there's a picture of him punching Merman and it's shown that you can twist him from the waist as well, so that's good.

I love the way this He-Man looks. It's unique but it's definitely He-Man. It's like the He-Man from the toy comic version but a bit more realistic! I also love that he has a lot of weapons and armor based on his different toy gimmicks from the 80s. He has the original armor of course, the battle armor, and the thunder punch armor. Based on how he looks, I imagine you'd have to pull out his arms and head so that you can make him wear the other armors.

I'm still wondering if I should buy this lol! He's too expensive, but I love He-Man! But if I do, I might have trouble buying SDCC exclusive toys next month unless I manage to sell more older stuff this month haha! Oh well.

Good luck to whoever might want this He-Man!

brassco

brassco
looks like a toy...too expensive for a toy...unless it's rooted hair, seamless body...pass!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with both of you. He completely channels the classic animated He-Man look, complete with an animated-style head and two more realistic heads with different expressions. At the same time, this definitely feels like a 1:12 scale toy action figure blown up to 1:6 scale, which is not an attraction when it comes at this price. Mr Toys' "Barbarian" He-Man was a little less evocative of the source, but came with a realistic, haired headsculpt and was designed for a seamless body. Many of the costume elements and accessories were still too much like a toy, which can be either good or bad, depending on one's preferences. I like this set, but not at this price point.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree with both of you. He completely channels the classic animated He-Man look, complete with an animated-style head and two more realistic heads with different expressions. At the same time, this definitely feels like a 1:12 scale toy action figure blown up to 1:6 scale, which is not an attraction when it comes at this price. Mr Toys' "Barbarian" He-Man was a little less evocative of the source, but came with a realistic, haired headsculpt and was designed for a seamless body. Many of the costume elements and accessories were still too much like a toy, which can be either good or bad, depending on one's preferences. I like this set, but not at this price point.

Can't say I disagree with any of that, but at the same time I think there's a knee-jerk reaction (which I myself share) towards thinking that any 1/6 figures are overpriced whenever they are some kind of exaggerated or fancyful style rather than trying to be photo-realistic.  The thing is that (except for the specific added cost of precise skin texture paint apps on a HT face or something) this isn't necessarily true as a specific factor of what something should cost.  And the fact that a 1/6 figure shares a style, a subject or design with 1/12 figures doesn't necessarily mean that it's supposed to be cheaper than the next 1/6 figure over.  For one thing there may be no "actor likeness approval," but I betcha the MOTU license isn't any cheaper than an MCU, a Terminator or a Predator.

This isn't Mondo's first He-Man, it's an expanded "definitive" re-issue.  I passed the first time and will probably pass again especially because I'm no fan of stunts like the timed order window.  I did get their Skeletor and I unqualifiedly love it to bits.  Actually it works perfectly with the Mr. Toys Barbarian He-Man GF mentions -- I love the contrast of adding extra realism to the source material for He-Man who has a human body, skin texture etc  -- while leaving Skeletor in his full Saturday Morning imagination mode like Mondo made him perfectly.

shazzdan

shazzdan
If you really want one, you can buy a classic original for less than $100. If anyone is to do a new revised version then, for $260, it should have a seamless body at the very least.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
From a sole collecting point of view the figure seems great and very close to how he man is "supposed" to look. and while i'll always keep masters of the universe close to my heart, being the very first toyline i conciously enjoyed as a child in the 80s, i dont believe the source to work very well in 1/6.
the collector in me had his nostalgia satisfied years ago with the motu classics line in 1/12, even got me the original alcala mini comics look, in my inner childs eyes way motu is gonna look forever.
while on the other hand the whole line only works with all the "essential" roster, vehicles and playsets included. imagine castle grayskull or snake mountain in 1/6 and mondos "semi-realistic" approach, you'd need a hangar or giant loft at least Wink .

good looking figure but not an incentive to switch to 1/6

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum