OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My heartbreaking item from eBay today

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty My heartbreaking item from eBay today Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:42 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
My heartbreaking item from eBay today from eBay seller littlemarz.

BBI Cy-Girls Aurora

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTKAoxAChVkHosted on Fotki
All I really wanted was a MIP BBI Cy-Girls Aurora to proudly display along side my MIP Destiny and Nikki figures.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTK52xAChVkHosted on Fotki
I was really hoping to get a MIP figure like the one shown on eBay pics.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTRZ8xAChVkHosted on Fotki
But as soon as I lifted her cover, all my hopes were crushed instantly.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTRP9xAChVkHosted on Fotki
Her beautiful original package was crushed in transit. I will never be able to display her like this.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTR4oxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Now little bits of her uniform are now stuck to the display window.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTRVUxAChVkHosted on Fotki

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTRCuxAChVkHosted on Fotki

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTRqvxAChVkHosted on Fotki

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTR83xAChVkHosted on Fotki
My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2azTPNNxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Was there any reason that eBay seller couldn't have used a larger shipping box and more packing material?
Expressly since it was shipped halfway across the country. (S.D.)

Do you think Chung Kim (DFC) himself would have proudly displayed this figure now?

Thanks for looking

2My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:15 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Oh man that sucks. Those priority boxes aren't very strong. Definitely should have had some bubble wrap and maybe another box. Also sucks about the peeling =(

3My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:43 am

brassco

brassco
It's heartbreaking at least in 2 levels: the condition of the figure, and it's DFC's legacy.

Considering it's such a aged figure, even boxed from purchase, would not stop the materials from deteriorating.

Maybe littlemarz should at least inspect the figure b4 putting up for bidding, to include the description of the condition...but then again, unbox means TOTALLY unboxed, with wrappings still intact...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh man! This is horrible! Chung would be upset to see the poor handling of his stuff. Unacceptable. Sorry, Brother. I hope you sent a complaint thru eBay on this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My heartbreaking item from eBay today C8485110

5My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:56 am

PitViper

PitViper
The thread on DFC's passing mentions the seller's name (littlemarz), and in fact he answered some questions in that thread. Perhaps it would be best to include him in this thread, show him the pics and give him this feedback...then ask him to be more conscientious with his shipping practices...

6My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:39 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is very disappointing indeed. Some of it is the age of the set, some of it is postal service carelessness. But yes, it could have been packed better. I suggest reaching out to littlemarz first. Perhaps they can make it up to you in some way. DFC did stock up on multiples of the figures he bought, so there might even be another one.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
This really sucks! To keep these aged materials intact during transport, one has to be really careful and package everything excessively with bubble-wrap.

Ghost808

Ghost808
That's so dissapointing, and especially sad to see as it's a figure from the late DFC'S collection.
That deserved much more care in packing.

m76

m76
That sucks. I'm not even from the US, but even I know never to use USPS for anything, their reputation is global.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

10My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:13 pm

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
To sellers, these are just really expensive toys. They don't care if packaging gets damaged. Since the dolls clothing is damaged I'd ask for a replacement though. Damage to vinyl/pleather skin like that can't be repaired.

11My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:49 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thank you everyone for the great support on this matter it's very much appreciated.

The eBay seller was contacted and my photos were sent.

eBay seller littlemarz send a reply back along his apologies for the item being damaged in shipping and
offered me partial refund if $20 or return for a full refund. I choose to accept the full refund.
I inquired if he would be sending me send me a return shipping label because it was improperly packed and shipped.
I haven't heard back yet.

I totally agree with you guys about the shipping on this item, it could have been much better.

And I feel really sad about this since it was part of DFC's legacy. Maybe she will go to a better home in the future?

csyeung wrote:Oh man that sucks. Those priority boxes aren't very strong. Definitely should have had some bubble wrap and maybe another box. Also sucks about the peeling =(

brassco wrote:It's heartbreaking at least in 2 levels: the condition of the figure, and it's DFC's legacy.

Considering it's such a aged figure, even boxed from purchase, would not stop the materials from deteriorating.

Maybe littlemarz should at least inspect the figure b4 putting up for bidding, to include the description of the condition...but then again, unbox means TOTALLY unboxed, with wrappings still intact...

Stryker2011 wrote:Oh man! This is horrible! Chung would be upset to see the poor handling of his stuff. Unacceptable. Sorry, Brother. I hope you sent a complaint thru eBay on this.

PitViper wrote:The thread on DFC's passing mentions the seller's name (littlemarz), and in fact he answered some questions in that thread.  Perhaps it would be best to include him in this thread, show him the pics and give him this feedback...then ask him to be more conscientious with his shipping practices...

GubernatorFan wrote:That is very disappointing indeed. Some of it is the age of the set, some of it is postal service carelessness. But yes, it could have been packed better. I suggest reaching out to littlemarz first. Perhaps they can make it up to you in some way. DFC did stock up on multiples of the figures he bought, so there might even be another one.

Randam Hajile wrote:This really sucks! To keep these aged materials intact during transport, one has to be really careful and package everything excessively with bubble-wrap.  

Ghost808 wrote:That's so dissapointing, and especially sad to see as it's a figure from the late DFC'S collection.
That deserved much more care in packing.

m76 wrote:That sucks. I'm not even from the US, but even I know never to use USPS for anything, their reputation is global.

EvilErnie wrote:To sellers, these are just really expensive toys. They don't care if packaging gets damaged. Since the dolls clothing is damaged I'd ask for a replacement though. Damage to vinyl/pleather skin like that can't be repaired.

12My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:34 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
This is unfortunate, and not consistent with the seller’s reputation.   I’m not sure what happened here, and I’m not about to make excuses for shipping a MIB figure in a USPS Priority Mail box with no additional padding or protection, but littlemarz has decades of experience with buying and selling collectibles.  I can’t imagine that he personally packed the item or saw the item being packed.  I’m sure he has others helping him work through Chung’s collection.  However, as the seller, he’s ultimately responsible, so hopefully he will do right by you.   I’d be very surprised and disappointed if he didn’t.

This could have very easily been me, by the way.  I seriously considered going after that Aurora.  However, my misadventures with older figures and deteriorating pleather are well documented.  I would have taken her out of the packaging, and even if the box had arrived undamaged, I’m pretty sure I would be posting pictures of peeling pleather right now.   The sad thing is that you just wanted to display her MIB and probably would have been fine doing so if she had just been packaged properly.  What a waste.

13My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:43 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Xavion2004 wrote:This is unfortunate, and not consistent with the seller’s reputation.   I’m not sure what happened here, and I’m not about to make excuses for shipping a MIB figure in a USPS Priority Mail box with no additional padding or protection, but littlemarz has decades of experience with buying and selling collectibles.  I can’t imagine that he personally packed the item or saw the item being packed.  I’m sure he has others helping him work through Chung’s collection.  However, as the seller, he’s ultimately responsible, so hopefully he will do right by you.   I’d be very surprised and disappointed if he didn’t.

This could have very easily been me, by the way.  I seriously considered going after that Aurora.  However, my misadventures with older figures and deteriorating pleather are well documented.  I would have taken her out of the packaging, and even if the box had arrived undamaged, I’m pretty sure I would be posting pictures of peeling pleather right now.   The sad thing is that you just wanted to display her MIB and probably would have been fine doing so if she had just been packaged properly.  What a waste.

Thanks Xavion2004: indeed what a waste. And I totally agree with you. I also think she probably arrived just fine if she had just been packaged properly.

Actually she was wrapped in a one sheet of paper but unfortunately that didn't offer her much protection.

Who knows you might get a second chance to bid on her in a few weeks and probably at a much cheaper price?

Although I highly suspect if she does go back up for resale again she will be probably be bought for her parts.

14My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Littlemarz Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:36 pm

Zoinko

This is Bruce from Littlemarz on Ebay. We take great care with the items we are shipping. I offered the buyer a partial refund of 25% for the damage or a full refund, they chose a full refund but I still have not received the item back. We take great pride in handling and shipping 50-100 packages of collectibles each day. Unfortunately one of my newer  employees used this priority box instead of a sturdier brown box, the way we normally ship expensive figures. They have been fired over this incident.
Good luck on future orders.

15My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:21 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Zoinko wrote:This is Bruce from Littlemarz on Ebay. We take great care with the items we are shipping. I offered the buyer a partial refund of 25% for the damage or a full refund, they chose a full refund but I still have not received the item back. We take great pride in handling and shipping 50-100 packages of collectibles each day. Unfortunately one of my newer  employees used this priority box instead of a sturdier brown box, the way we normally ship expensive figures. They have been fired over this incident.

Thank you Zoinko/ Littlemarz for commenting in my thread. I'm very glad to hear that things have been rectified with
this incident. I'm still waiting for eBay to send me a return label for this item, it should be a couple of more days.
Then I will return the item as soon as I can.

The last two figure that I received from your auction arrived in beautiful condition and now are proudly display in my
collection (MIP) that is why I was so very disappointed with this one, I was expecting so very much more than what I
received. The first figure is posted the thread Your Latest Purchase... page 24 post 1050.

If there is a second BBI Cy-Girls Aurora DFC's collection? I would be very much interested on bidding on that one too.

16My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:36 am

Zoinko

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
Zoinko wrote:This is Bruce from Littlemarz on Ebay. We take great care with the items we are shipping. I offered the buyer a partial refund of 25% for the damage or a full refund, they chose a full refund but I still have not received the item back. We take great pride in handling and shipping 50-100 packages of collectibles each day. Unfortunately one of my newer  employees used this priority box instead of a sturdier brown box, the way we normally ship expensive figures. They have been fired over this incident.

Thank you Zoinko/ Littlemarz for commenting in my thread. I'm very glad to hear that things have been rectified with
this incident. I'm still waiting for eBay to send me a return label for this item, it should be a couple of more days.
Then I will return the item as soon as I can.

The last two figure that I received from your auction arrived in beautiful condition and now are proudly display in my
collection (MIP) that is why I was so very disappointed with this one, I was expecting so very much more than what I
received. The first figure is posted the thread Your Latest Purchase... page 24 post 1050.

If there is a second BBI Cy-Girls Aurora DFC's collection? I would be very much interested on bidding on that one too.

Good luck on more items.
The label was available on ebay the same day you opened the case.
thanks Bruce

17My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:48 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Zoinko wrote: Good luck on more items.
thanks Bruce

I dropped off the package at USPS this morning so it should be on its way back to you now.

18My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:42 pm

Zoinko

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
Zoinko wrote: Good luck on more items.
thanks Bruce

I dropped off the package at USPS this morning so it should be on its way back to you now.

Great will send full refund as soon as it is returned.
Thanks Bruce

19My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:01 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
My preparations to send BBI Cy-Girls Aurora back to Florida.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2eosYVqxAChVkHosted on Fotki

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2eos78qxAChVkHosted on Fotki
I re-wrapped the figure in the same paper the figure was shipped in.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2eosRmFxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Then I put the figure in a new USPS Priority Mail shipping box along with some packing Styrofoam.

I was considering on slapping a return label on it and sending the package back as is to sender.
 But I changed my mind.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2eosspLxAChVkHosted on Fotki
So I decided to put the USPS Priority Mail shipping box in a bigger box before I sent it back.

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2eossRgxAChVkHosted on Fotki
I wrapped the inner box twice with bubble wrap and used 4 sticks of packing Styrofoam.
 (I rearranged the outer box contents to put 2 sticks of packing Styrofoam at each end before sealing up the package)

My heartbreaking item from eBay today 2v2eossDVxAChVkHosted on Fotki
I shipped the package back yesterday.

20My heartbreaking item from eBay today Empty Re: My heartbreaking item from eBay today Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:55 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Zoinko wrote: Great will send full refund as soon as it is returned.
Thanks Bruce

That's great to hear. I see according to the USPS Tracking Number the package was delivered to the Delivered, Front
 Desk /Reception/Mail Room @ 12:36 pm.

Have a good day. Bad Wolf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum