OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

davidd's Random Figure Pics

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

201davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:01 am

Valiarde

This is great davidd! I love darker vibes and your four guys come over as pretty scary and cool. Well done Smile

202davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:20 am

Ovy

Great atmospheric photo, as others have said it catches the vibe of old history book photography quite well.

The mixed equipment reminds me of Warhammer 40ks Death Korps of Krieg, who are an embodiment of inhuman attrition warfare and are a combination of French, German and British WW1 soldiers with a grim dystopic sci fi touch.

203davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:51 pm

Chip

Getting the praise and response it deserves Dave , you definitely caught a scary look , very atmospheric .

204davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:25 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 52974624667_16485a517e_b
Very Interesting by Gary Menten, on Flickr

205davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:46 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
davidd wrote:
Team Diablos
Scary looking dudes!

206davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:07 am

Diana

Diana
More awesome shots! Especially Team Diablos. I love your "A day in the life of..." style. Smile

207davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:24 am

davidd

davidd

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Nun_june2023

Head: Super Duck SDH-021E
Body: TBLeague S35
Clothing: a bit of this, a bit of that

208davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:38 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice one, Dave, and a nun who not only looks like one but can also play music (wasn't there a Sting song having to do with a singing nun?).

209davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:06 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking bash, Dave!

210davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:28 pm

davidd

davidd
davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 53077959856_230001c276_z

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 53077959861_b66e8e32fe_z
The IDEAL Man: Captain Action

Based on an action figure, Captain Action, released by IDEAL Toy Company in the mid-1960s.

Costume: Round2 Captain Action re-issue figure
Body: TBLeague M32
Head: Triad Toys "Zorro"

211davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad to see you having fun with these and your diorama elements. The head sculpt and outfit work well together, in my mind a throwback to an earlier era of cinema.

212davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool Dave, it all works really well!

213davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:04 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is cool and i like the backdrop

214davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:39 am

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:The head sculpt and outfit work well together, in my mind a throwback to an earlier era of cinema.

I agree, the figure reminded me of characters from the 1930s era Flash Gordon movie serials.

Also, the slightly oversized Triad Toys head lends the figure a toy-like appearance reminiscent of the original Captain Action figures from IDEAL toys.

The original Captain Action did not feature a cape, but I thought his ensemble would benefit from a splash of contrasting color, so I equipped him with a small cape from a... Embarassed ... Bratz figure.

215davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:02 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Not sure how I missed the nun, she looks great. Is that a shoelace for her belt?

Really dig the Captain Action figure, and that diorama is stellar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 1f10

216davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:57 pm

davidd

davidd
Stryker2012 wrote:Is that a shoelace for her belt?

The nun habit was a costume purchased through eBay. The belt was part of the costume set. But yes... the belt appears to be nothing more than a standard shoelace, complete with "aglets" on the ends. Pretty lame, the stuff some eBay sellers pass off as 1/6 costumes. I augmented the eBay costume with some additional bits and pieces.

217davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:17 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
davidd wrote:Based on an action figure, Captain Action, released by IDEAL Toy Company in the mid-1960s.
I'm not familiar with Captain Action, but Flash Gordon was my first association.
He looks oldschool Cool

218davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:18 pm

davidd

davidd
davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 53109270029_573157bb82

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 53109269984_680c4e416c
Maxie LaGrande: Wander Lass

Maxie LaGrande: Wander Lass was an attempt by Pathé News to compete with Sally LaSalle: Maid for Adventure and Sindy LaSagna: Miss Adventure of the Hearst Metrotone newsreel syndicate during the brief popularity of  "adventurous girl reporters" during the early 20th century.

Maxie LaGrande is a circa 1988 Hasbro Lookin' Smart Maxie doll dressed in Bratz, CAT Toys, and other action figure paraphernalia.

219davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:10 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very cool pics. I really like the second one, realistoc pose and angle.
That stone wall is a nice eye catcher and i also think her putfit is cool

220davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:29 pm

Chip

She is very happy with what she is doing , or very much likes her photo taken , great expression , it`s hard not to smile along with her . Very fitting outfit and accoutrements for an old school explorer .

221davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, very nice job, Dave. Are those covered seamless knees and elbows?

222davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:12 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:Are those covered seamless knees and elbows?

"Barbie style" click joint seamless knees and fixed-position elbows on plastic arms with back-and-forth shoulder joints; pretty much Hasbro's 1980s interpretation of Mattel's 1980s Barbie body.

223davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Are those covered seamless knees and elbows?

"Barbie style" click joint seamless knees and fixed-position elbows on plastic arms with back-and-forth shoulder joints; pretty much Hasbro's 1980s interpretation of Mattel's 1980s Barbie body.
I was afraid of that. Strange how knee articulation was prioritized over elbow articulation.

224davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:59 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote: I was afraid of that. Strange how knee articulation was prioritized over elbow articulation.

From the comments I see on this and other action figure forums, hobbyist demand, at least so far as is expressed, seems to be for "realistically proportioned" figures. In addition to realistic figures, however, I would rather like to see a seamless version of a "fashion doll body," proportioned like Barbie or the Integrity figures, to serve as models for the costumes and outfits that have been produced for fashion dolls over the decades. I think there might be a market for such a thing for costume and outfit collectors to use for display purposes without being limited to the one-position elbows and stiff straight legs of Barbie and her friends.

225davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Isn't this partly answered by the "made to move" Barbies and Co.?

226davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:59 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:Isn't this partly answered by the "made to move" Barbies and Co.?

The joints... more like hinges... on those MTM Barbies are hideous eyesores that give me the creeps. Those MTM arms and legs look like robotic spider appendages. Seamless Barbie-style figures would be much more attractive. In my minority opinion, of course. Wink

They'd likely cost as much as "hobbyist figures" rather than "playline dolls," so the market would be limited.

227davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:13 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
She’s cute. Like the outfit and location. Makes me think of Jane Goodall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 1f10

228davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:08 am

davidd

davidd
Stryker2012 wrote:Makes me think of Jane Goodall.

Too bad Mattel didn't put more effort in to the costume of the Jane Goodall Barbie!

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 53110166991_e25a731304_z

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 53110166986_ea598bd569_z

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 53110371579_c48fae8fbc_z

More than a decade prior to the release of the campy 1980 sci-fi film Flash Gordon, another production team held the rights to the Alex Raymond comic strip characters, and pre-production was well under way until the lead actor's personal manager stepped in and, over the vigorous protests of the star, nixed the musical science fiction fantasy project.

Management shunted the disappointed actor in to an unwatchable spy spoof involving harem girls... sounds like a winner, right? Think again. But due to the box office success of the secret agent genre at the time, and with the science fiction genre being at its nadir, generally dismissed as childish Saturday matinee program filler, the star was denied the opportunity to play against type as the arch-villain Ming the Merciless in a special effects laden action adventure film that would likely have reinvigorated both his own flagging movie career and the struggling sci-fi genre as a whole.

Science Fiction would languish for several more years, until Planet of the Apes, with a big name cast, brought the genre back in to public favor. Motion picture history was denied the opportunity to elevate an actor and a character to iconic status: King the Merciless, the Ming of Rock and Roll!

davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 53109591142_cb7fc9e4b7_z

NOTE – DISCLAIMER: Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental... you know the drill. The story you have just read is not true. I might have dreamed it, I don't remember.

229davidd's Random Figure Pics - Page 9 Empty Re: davidd's Random Figure Pics Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:43 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Are you sure the costume is flashy enough for an alien Elvis? Smile Otherwise, very good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum