OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for ballet / pointe shoes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Empty Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:45 pm

donrodolfo

Hello!

I'm working on a 1/6 figure and need help finding ballet shoes compatible with a TBLeague figure. The flat and pointed pairs that came with TBLeague's  Youth "Fang Hu" Art Troupe figure are perfect for what I'm looking for, but seem impossible to find loose, not to mention the market price of the full figure set. Are there any alternatives out there?

Here are the Fang Hu ballet shoes for reference:

Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Pcl09310
Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Pcl09311

2Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Empty Re: Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:45 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve never been able to find comparable pairs either, and I’ve been looking for a number of years since that figure came out. They either didn’t get broken down much, or when they did they were snatched up almost immediately.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Looking for ballet / pointe shoes C8485110

3Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Empty Re: Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:40 am

donrodolfo

Hmm. In that case, do you know if there are any TBLeague compatible feet sculpts that are toeless and rounded at the ends? My goal is to hide the toes' shaping when a figure is in a superhero jumpsuit that sorta digs into the feet.

4Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Empty Re: Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
donrodolfo wrote:Hmm. In that case, do you know if there are any TBLeague compatible feet sculpts that are toeless and rounded at the ends? My goal is to hide the toes' shaping when a figure is in a superhero jumpsuit that sorta digs into the feet.
Perhaps what you are referring to are "boot feet," which have a very simplified foot shape but are meant to fit within footwear intended to accommodate the foot. Search for those on eBay or part-out sellers. If I recall correctly, Jiaou female bodies came with additional pairs of those, possibly some others did too.

Or, if you can't find them or want a more faithful foot shape, you can always heat up the feet and shave off the unnecessary parts with an X-acto knife.

5Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Empty Re: Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:40 am

donrodolfo

GubernatorFan wrote:
Perhaps what you are referring to are "boot feet," which have a very simplified foot shape but are meant to fit within footwear intended to accommodate the foot. Search for those on eBay or part-out sellers. If I recall correctly, Jiaou female bodies came with additional pairs of those, possibly some others did too.

Thanks! I haven't been able to find loose boot feet, but the ones that come with some of the Jiaou female bodies definitely suit my project.  Very Happy

6Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Empty Re: Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:23 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Actually, modifying TBLeague feet wouldn’t be all that difficult. You could use self-curing epoxy putty to smooth over the toes and then paint over them.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Looking for ballet / pointe shoes C8485110

7Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Empty Re: Looking for ballet / pointe shoes Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:35 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Might be time to invest in a Jiaou. They are not quite as good as TBLeague but can be quite passable. Find a detachable feet Jiaou you like, make sure it has boot feet, and you can use those on your current project and the Jiaou (which would also have normal feet) for something else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum