OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Styling Curly Hair help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Styling Curly Hair help Empty Styling Curly Hair help Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:47 pm

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
I'm back again with another question.

Does anyone have tips on defining the curls of mohair? Is there anything I can use on the mohair to get rid of the fuzziness as I re-curl it? If this was long curly hair, I wouldn't have an issue but it's short curly hair.

TIA.

2Styling Curly Hair help Empty Re: Styling Curly Hair help Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:49 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's a good question. Are you using actual mohair, or is it tibetan lamb hair? That is important to know because it affects what advice I can give you as the two fibers don't always react the exact same way.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Styling Curly Hair help Empty Re: Styling Curly Hair help Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:38 am

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
skywalkersaga wrote:That's a good question. Are you using actual mohair, or is it tibetan lamb hair? That is important to know because it affects what advice I can give you as the two fibers don't always react the exact same way.

It's mohair. Border Leicester Curls if that helps. Thanks.

4Styling Curly Hair help Empty Re: Styling Curly Hair help Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:41 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OceanGirl24 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:That's a good question. Are you using actual mohair, or is it tibetan lamb hair? That is important to know because it affects what advice I can give you as the two fibers don't always react the exact same way.

Ah ok, I admittedly do not have experience with the curly Border Leicester wool. I have only thus far used straight or wavy mohair, or tibetan lamb hair.

For 'regular' mohair I think you can put a leave-in conditioner on it to reduce frizz or add shine. I am not sure how well the Border Leicester responds to being wet, however, since I know it's tricky and you have to be careful not to felt it.

With tibetan lamb hair, if it's gone a bit frizzy I tend to just give it a spritz of cold water and then work in a very tiny amount of conditioner with my fingers. I just let it naturally dry and the curls tend to just spring right back. But I am not sure if this method is advisable for the hair you are working with.

5Styling Curly Hair help Empty Re: Styling Curly Hair help Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:40 pm

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
skywalkersaga wrote:
OceanGirl24 wrote:

Ah ok, I admittedly do not have experience with the curly Border Leicester wool. I have only thus far used straight or wavy mohair, or tibetan lamb hair.

For 'regular' mohair I think you can put a leave-in conditioner on it to reduce frizz or add shine. I am not sure how well the Border Leicester responds to being wet, however, since I know it's tricky and you have to be careful not to felt it.

With tibetan lamb hair, if it's gone a bit frizzy I tend to just give it a spritz of cold water and then work in a very tiny amount of conditioner with my fingers. I just let it naturally dry and the curls tend to just spring right back. But I am not sure if this method is advisable for the hair you are working with.

I appreciate the help. I've got of the stuff so I'll test out you've suggested. Thank you!

6Styling Curly Hair help Empty Re: Styling Curly Hair help Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:46 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, good luck. Maybe experiment on some extra hair first, just in case. : )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum