OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Star Trek: The Motion Picture

ADMIRAL JAMES TIBERIUS KIRK

Price $175.00 + $25 flat rate international shipping per figure* (from Exo-6 site)

1:6 Scale Articulated Figure

Limited to 2 per customer**

Approximate 21 days delivery turnaround ***

"They gave her back to me, Scotty."

A decade after leaving the small screen as Captain Kirk, William Shatner returned to the role of Admiral James T. Kirk, for a huge, big-budget theatrical motion picture that changed the Star Trek franchise forever and ensured its lasting legacy.

Now The Captain that started it all makes his first appearance as an EXO-6 Museum Quality 1/6 scale collectible figure from EXO-6. Depicted in his formal Admiral’s uniform, we see Kirk in his first appearance in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, recreating the look he had as he beheld his true love, the Enterprise, in all her refitted beauty.

This 1:6-scale figure re-creates this iconic character in exquisite 1:6 detail. Standing approximately 12 inches tall, every element, from his 23rd century uniform to his belt buckle bio-monitor, is authentically reproduced. The original portrait sculpt of Captain Kirk captures the moment he first saw the Enterprise in space dock and has a realistic, hand-painted likeness.

The EXO-6 Data 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure includes:

Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 30 cm tall.
Realistic Portrait: Kirk’s deep affection for the Enterprise is evident on the face of this figure. Lovingly rendered by a top artist, this excellent likeness of William Shatner as Kirk is specially hand-painted.
Starfleet Formal Admiral’s Uniform: Meticulously researched, this duty uniform matches the pattern and color of the original costume recreated in 1:6 scale. Debated for years, the color of this film costume comes as close as possible to the actual set used colors that appeared on screen as grey or green, depending on the lighting in the scene. An authentically scaled bio-monitor is permanently affixed to the belt area.
Boots: Soft plastic boots sculpted to match the cut and style of the original movie footwear.
Display Base: A hexagonal display base will provide additional support for the figure.

This fine collectible figure is a perfect representation of your favorite Admiral and a great addition to your EXO-6 Star Trek™ 1:6-scale figure collection.

Height:

11.8 in

30 cm

Materials:

ABS, PVC, natural and synthetic fabrics.

Prototype shown, actual product may vary.

*Duties, taxes, VAT, and any other charges related to customs clearance are not included in the price.

** Limited to 2 units per customer. Any order over 2 units will be cancelled.

*** 5 days processing time plus approximate 14 days international shipping.

StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 11870
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 21094
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 3803
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 4751
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 5679
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 6637
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 7610
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 8581
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 9561
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 10537
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 11871
StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) 12490

#newproduct #Exo-6 #StarTrek #MotionPicture #AdmiralJamesTKirk #male #movie #Sci-Fi

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like an excellent likeness to me, although I'm no expert on Star Trek.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I was committed to buying this before I even finished scrolling down, so my other comments can be read in that context.

I agree the likeness seems excellent.  There's really a special sculpting challenge with a familiar face that's been seen across decades, and I think they've got the ST:TMP face quite right, including the characteristic smug half smile.

Big disappointment though is the total lack of extras and accessories -- is this an instance of "stealth inflation" to keep it down at the existing $ price point?  A big part of the fun of any new era of Star Trek is doing the appropriate phaser and communicator, etc.  Almost looks like they felt guilty about the omission and threw in instead the Replica 1:1 scale "Movie accurate delta badge with magentic back, courtesy of Fansets"  -- which is no substitute.  It's irrelevant, and was something pre-existing that they probably felt pressured to throw in.  Rushed to add it so fast they didn't even spell "magentic" right.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I agree about the lack of accessories, but I still instantly PO'd. So looking forward to adding Spock & Bones (too bad they decided against Ilia).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Right, doesn't an admiral get baton or something? Or at least a glass of something? Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I dunno, it's odd - the three-quarter profiles are spot on, but front-facing I think the likeness is slightly off. It looks more like Tony Franciosa or somebody.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GeeWillikers wrote:I dunno, it's odd - the three-quarter profiles are spot on, but front-facing I think the likeness is slightly off. It looks more like Tony Franciosa or somebody.

Same here. Front on doesn't look like Shatner but profile is ok.

Ovy

Ovy
This is from that movie were Space Whales turned the Voyager probe into the Deathstar that blew up Earth with green laser earthquake beams, and then William Shatner had to travel back in time with Keanu Reeves and that little alien who wants to phone home in a phone booth, to stop his mum from having kids with a killer robot that looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger, because they would destroy the eighties with cute baby yodas who can possess human flesh at midnight?? I don't remember exactly but that Toto soundtrack was something else.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ovy wrote:This is from that movie were Space Whales turned the Voyager probe into the Deathstar that blew up Earth with green laser earthquake beams, and then William Shatner had to travel back in time with Keanu Reeves and that little alien who wants to phone home in a phone booth, to stop his mum from having kids with a killer robot that looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger, because they would destroy the eighties with cute baby yodas who can possess human flesh at midnight?? I don't remember exactly but that Toto soundtrack was something else.

Don't forget the part where Keanu had to totally inhabit his own dad Darth Vader's body who by a twist of fate had also killed Inigo Montoya's father and this became an important plot point when Keanu kissed Princess Buttercup before he found out they were brother and sister and realised it was wrong to find her so bodacious when he was her brother and her father and Inigo Montoya's father's killer.

And then there was that whole subplot with Richard Dreyfuss sculpting a Romulan warbird out of mashed tribbles.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
davidd wrote:No eyeglasses?

He gets those in the Wrath Of Khan.

StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) C8485110

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:
davidd wrote:No eyeglasses?

He gets those in the Wrath Of Khan.

Oh, that's right.

The first movie was actually somewhat minimalist in design, if I recall correctly. "Streamlined," perhaps one might say. Not a lot of gadgetry. So perhaps a minimalist figure is appropriate.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:
Ovy wrote:This is from that movie were Space Whales turned the Voyager probe into the Deathstar that blew up Earth with green laser earthquake beams, and then William Shatner had to travel back in time with Keanu Reeves and that little alien who wants to phone home in a phone booth, to stop his mum from having kids with a killer robot that looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger, because they would destroy the eighties with cute baby yodas who can possess human flesh at midnight?? I don't remember exactly but that Toto soundtrack was something else.

Don't forget the part where Keanu had to totally inhabit his own dad Darth Vader's body who by a twist of fate had also killed Inigo Montoya's father and this became an important plot point when Keanu kissed Princess Buttercup before he found out they were brother and sister and realised it was wrong to find her so bodacious when he was her brother and her father and Inigo Montoya's father's killer.

And then there was that whole subplot with Richard Dreyfuss sculpting a Romulan warbird out of mashed tribbles.

Bwahaha! LOL at these, thank you! Very Happy

The figure looks... nice. But also boring to me. I think his eyes are a little too close together. Hopefully they will fix whatever is wrong with the front view. I'm sure he will look stunning on a shelf of a fan, regardless. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, what we see is what we get. That’s a production piece. All of them have been made already, that’s why it’s limited release. Nanjin warned us of this when he started to tease the figure(s). The same will be true of Spock and McCoy from The Motion Picture when they go up.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I'd love to build him a Shuttle Pod (a rare sci fi vehicle that's not too big to be an impractical build). Maybe just build the front "slice" of the thing, just large enough to display Kirk and hopefully an eventual Exo-6 Scotty which would look great on the shelf.

StarTrek - NEW PRODUCT: EXO-6: STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: ADMIRAL JAMES T. KIRK 1/6 scale figure (LIMITED & IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY RELEASE) Travel10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sadly, the “big 3”, from the sounds of it, are all we’re getting from this movie…

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Sadly, the “big 3”, from the sounds of it, are all we’re getting from this movie…

The "big 3" are planned for now, and even done. But hopefully he could circle back to STTMP eventually after some more TOS, Next Gen, Discovery, Enterprise, Khan etc etc

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
From the sounds of it, he has to wait a bit on TOS “regular” crew uniforms thanks to QMX, but hopefully that’s ending soon so he can get really going. I want Exo-6 versions of the TOS crew — the WHOLE crew.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:From the sounds of it, he has to wait a bit on TOS “regular” crew uniforms thanks to QMX, but hopefully that’s ending soon so he can get really going. I want Exo-6 versions of the TOS crew — the WHOLE crew.

It's a delicate problem there tho.  I want my Sulu, Chekov and Uhura (who had better be seamless -- I know, I know).  But admittedly it's an irrational reaction on my part, but improved versions of Kirk Spock McCoy and Scotty will only tick me off.  Possibly the marketplace feels the same way.

Diana

Diana
I would love to have the original crew on my shelf, but due to budget restraints I am likely to only cave for Spock as a representative. Most definitely.

Ovy

Ovy
GeeWillikers wrote:

Yeah, how could I forget! Who would've ever thought this pre-sequel reboot of the good old Original John Wick from 1932 would be such a mess. They don't make em like they used to. At least Keanu Reeves aged well enough to reprise his iconic role.

Diana wrote:I would love to have the original crew on my shelf, but due to budget restraints I am likely to only cave for Spock as a representative. Most definitely.
You could print 1/6 scale paper mannequin stands of the other crew members and say "They were trapped in the second dimension after encountering a strange alien thingy." I think that's how Star Trek stories work? Laughing

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, what we see is what we get. That’s a production piece. All of them have been made already, that’s why it’s limited release. Nanjin warned us of this when he started to tease the figure(s). The same will be true of Spock and McCoy from The Motion Picture when they go up.

My quibble about the front-facing likeness is a very fine one which I'm kind of sorry to have brought up now, because I know that a lot of effort goes into these particular figures. Bill Shatner and Tony Franciosa actually looked a little alike in real life anyway, especially during the Blow-waved Bouffant late 1970s-mid 1980s.

It would be asking more than can be delivered now I know, but I think if the face was just very slightly fuller and broader and the body was a little stockier then you could see it as a whole representation and that would help the overall likeness along more. These are infinitely-tiny degrees I'm arrogantly demanding here - he was by no means obese of course, but at this particular point Bill was a middle-aged man in a stretch-fabric uniform, with all that that entails. I guess that you could successfully argue the difference in physique between 'Motion Picture' Shatner and 'Undiscovered Country' Shatner vs Spandex there, though.

But it's just my opinion. How many people under 50 even have the first idea who Tony Franciosa was anyway?

(with added apologies to The Estate of Anthony Franciosa as well, just in case Smile )

DJ

DJ
Stryker2011 wrote:From the sounds of it, he has to wait a bit on TOS “regular” crew uniforms thanks to QMX, but hopefully that’s ending soon so he can get really going. I want Exo-6 versions of the TOS crew — the WHOLE crew.

This is the same for me, the WHOLE crew.  I have been waiting, visualizing, and making my own poor versions of TOS Trek since I was 10 years old. I even want back ground characters that made rare appearances like Lt. Palmer, Mears, Boma. some red shirts and the like.  Some Klingons and a Magatu would be nice as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum