OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where to source TPE?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where to source TPE? Empty Where to source TPE? Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:22 am

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
Hey all! Been a while. I randomly decided to work on my doll again recently (had taken a pause to work on some other projects for a while) and figured I'm close enough to the casting stage to start looking for TPE to cast his skin out of. (That's the plan ideally, as I have a skull to put it over more or less, but I'm experienced in resin enough to fall back on if that plan doesn't work out lol.)

I've looked at items that can be melted and reused but most seem a bit expensive for experimenting. Has anyone tried this before?

Here's my sculpt thus far of my character. (He's undead so a few facial features are supposed to be missing lol)

Where to source TPE? 20221121
Where to source TPE? 20221120
Where to source TPE? 20221119

2Where to source TPE? Empty Re: Where to source TPE? Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:34 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You might have to search for “TPE Thermoplastic Elastomer”. You’ll get some “explanations of” sites, but you should also see places to source it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Where to source TPE? C8485110

3Where to source TPE? Empty Re: Where to source TPE? Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:19 pm

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
Stryker2011 wrote:You might have to search for “TPE Thermoplastic Elastomer”. You’ll get some “explanations of” sites, but you should also see places to source it.
Most of the places I've seen selling it seem to be providing it for industrial use and don't really have prices posted.

4Where to source TPE? Empty Re: Where to source TPE? Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:37 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, that’s what my brief search showed me. I wonder if it’s just not possible to get. Have you thought about silicone? I know there are places to get that.

5Where to source TPE? Empty Re: Where to source TPE? Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 pm

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
I was also considering silicone but I don't think it'd color in the same way that you can color it in the same way you can TPE so I was hoping to avoid the inevitable eff-ups that experimenting with silicone usually has lol

6Where to source TPE? Empty Re: Where to source TPE? Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Have you looked at Smooth-On and their Silc Pig products? That’s silicone that you add dyes to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum