OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz

PREORDER ENDS BY 7 DEC 2022. STOCK RELEASE ESTIMATION IN AUGUST 2023.

Lists:
1. 1/6 Head sculpt x 1 pc
2. 1/6 Head sculpt with hat x 1 pc
3. 1/6 action body x 1 pc
4. Glasses x 1 pc
5. cigarette x 2 pcs
6. Hand Gun with silencer x 1 pc (assembled)
7. Videotape x 1 pc
8. Briefcase x 1 pc
9. knife x 6 pcs
10. pork knife x 1 pc
11. pork knife with carving x 1 pc
12. knife case x 2 pcs
13. hands x 10 pcs
14. white shirt x 1 pc
15. Black suit vest x 1 pc
16. Rainbow tie x 1 pc
17. Black suit x 1 pc
18. Black pants x 1 pc
19. Black shoes x 1 pair
20. Stand x 1 pc

Assemble Guide: No assembly required.

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210227AM_9961815
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210227AM_6025102
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210227AM_136541
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210228AM_5643418
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210228AM_6166806
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210228AM_5818141
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210229AM_6864917
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210229AM_9547895
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210229AM_943336
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210229AM_7006621
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  3011202210230AM_1118060

davidd

davidd
I am finding the background images oddly amusing. I mean, what's with the surveyor -- who merits two appearances in the background?

Then there's a random lady walking on a path, and suddenly we find ourselves in an oversized living room with... Shocked ... a GIANT LAMPSHADE!

I wonder if he's gonna use his giant switchblade knife to slice open the giant sofa cushions in the giant living room looking for... whatever spies look for in the sofa cushions they always slice open in spy movies.

Has anyone in real life ever hidden anything in a sofa cushion? If they did, it would probably be the kind with a zipper on the side. Wouldn't it be easer to simply unzip the sofa cushions rather than slice them open? Especially if the sofa cushions were gigantic? But I digress....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know how you got to sofa cushions from here... but yes, unzipping them would be preferable. Smile

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't know how you got to sofa cushions from here...

He's gonna need a really big bug to plant in that giant lamp behind him, too!

Isn't that what spies always do in spy movies: plant bugs in lamps and slice open sofa cushions?

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I cant see the images, but googling the title, I saw that this figure is based on the Spy Comedy action flick "From Beijing with Love"

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZeroDelta wrote:I cant see the images, but googling the title, I saw that this figure is based on the Spy Comedy action flick "From Beijing with Love"
Hmm, they display for me. Maybe give them more time to load -- I mean if you run into this problem again.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:
ZeroDelta wrote:I cant see the images, but googling the title, I saw that this figure is based on the Spy Comedy action flick "From Beijing with Love"
Hmm, they display for me. Maybe give them more time to load -- I mean if you run into this problem again.

I don't see them either. I can't access the toypanic website either. I suspected my work computer's firewall, but I get this same message on my private computer, too:

Error Code: HTTP 502
Error Message: Backend or gateway connection timeout.
Server ID: 15009

Origin server might be down
Sucuri Network blocked by Origin Firewall

What can I do to fix it?
If you are just visiting the site, just wait a bit and it should be back soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you own the web site, please verify with your hosting company if your server is up and running and if they have our firewall IPs whitelisted. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, open a ticket on our support page https://support.sucuri.net and we will assist with troubleshooting.

I've tried at various times through the last couple of days but it never works.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm, I don't know what's going on with that. Do you have the same problem with the other new product announcements I've posted?

davidd

davidd

Thank you for identifying the source of the character. I tried searching online but could not figure out what it was from.

Here's one of the images. I've reposted it to a different hosting service. Perhaps you can see it now:

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  Spy007figure

Here's a screencap from the 1994 film:

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  Spy007figure2

Here's a link to a movie review website that includes a trailer for From Beijing with Love:

https://www.azmovies.net/movie/from-beijing-with-love

Based on what I see in the trailer, the figure is a pretty decent likeness. The "backstory" is that the character is actually a meatcutter by trade, and an amateur sleuth on the side, which explains the number of knives included in the figure set.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Looks good. Looks better without the hat and glasses. Suit and tie works well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmm, I don't know what's going on with that. Do you have the same problem with the other new product announcements I've posted?
Yes, I don't see any of the toypanic pictures in any posts.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmm, I don't know what's going on with that. Do you have the same problem with the other new product announcements I've posted?

This is why I go the long way around to post images, and copy the pics to my computer first and upload them to servimg.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale Spy 007 Action Figure from Acetoyz  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:
I'm confused, you've commented on some of them, so I assumed you saw them.
Stryker2011 wrote:
This is why I go the long way around to post images, and copy the pics to my computer first and upload them to servimg.
Do you, Mark, see them? I know settings/security can make a difference. For example, I cannot see any of the new photos by coloth in his Star Trek thread (although others clearly have been able to see them), but I don't have problems seeing any of the New Product Announcement photos you, Diana, myself, or others have posted recently.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I use my iPad mostly, and I saw them from the beginning, but there have been times I am unable to see some folks pics, but it doesn’t happen often. I get long, LONG wait times sometimes for certain threads to load the pics, but that’s not really the issue.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I use my iPad mostly, and I saw them from the beginning, but there have been times I am unable to see some folks pics, but it doesn’t happen often. I get long, LONG wait times sometimes for certain threads to load the pics, but that’s not really the issue.
Ok, phew, I was really worried there that nothing was showing and people were not telling me. I'll make a point of downloading and re-uploading at least three product photos via servimg (which seems to be the safest bet, and which I use for my photos), but with so many many many product photos to show per set, the rest would continue to be copy and paste.

The long load time happens to me too, but I figure it is a combination of Forumotion handling many and large images in the same window and me having a relatively slow internet connection. Sometimes I just open a thread in a new tab on the browser and do/look at other things before I go back to it, when everything has loaded.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:
Diana wrote:
I'm confused, you've commented on some of them, so I assumed you saw them.

I shall rephrase Very Happy: as far as I know I can't see any of the toypanic pictures. If they do show up though of course I wouldn't know that they are from toypanic. But the pictures from all of those posts you made on that same day were broken links to me. And it seems plausible that this would affect all pictures from toypanic specifically, since I can't even access their website. Same problem on my private computer, so it's not a firewall thing either. It's clearly a them-thing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ToyPanic does seem to have issues at times. I have them bookmarked, but every couple months I have to do a Google search for them and add a NEW bookmark as the previous just becomes a dead link. So, yes, it could definitely be a THEM issue as they clearly don’t have anyone in IT who has a brain in their head.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just FYI, the photos I have been sharing for the new products were copied and pasted one by one from basically two sources: ToyPanic and OneSixthKit. This one was from ToyPanic, along with the bulk of most recent announcements. But once they get copied and pasted, I don't think their performance has anything more to do with the original hosting site. It may have to do with one's browser setting (if it were with Forumotion displaying them itself, none of us would be able to see them). Once in a blue moon someone posts something that I won't be able to see, no matter how long I let the page load (so it is not a delay issue). Again, I'd keep this in mind and try to single out a few photos for uploading via the dependable servimg (but with that many photos per product and my wrist issues, I can't do that for every single image).
A trick that might help moderators (sometimes; it helped me see photos by shovelchop when they were failing to load) like you in cases like this, is to hit the edit button on a post (without actually editing it) -- that might show you the images.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Just FYI, the photos I have been sharing for the new products were copied and pasted one by one from basically two sources: ToyPanic and OneSixthKit. This one was from ToyPanic, along with the bulk of most recent announcements. But once they get copied and pasted, I don't think their performance has anything more to do with the original hosting site. It may have to do with one's browser setting (if it were with Forumotion displaying them itself, none of us would be able to see them). Once in a blue moon someone posts something that I won't be able to see, no matter how long I let the page load (so it is not a delay issue). Again, I'd keep this in mind and try to single out a few photos for uploading via the dependable servimg (but with that many photos per product and my wrist issues, I can't do that for every single image).
A trick that might help moderators (sometimes; it helped me see photos by shovelchop when they were failing to load) like you in cases like this, is to hit the edit button on a post (without actually editing it) -- that might show you the images.

I am an IT person, but I'm clueless when it comes to hosting. I did actually hit the edit button to figure out what's going on. The images are still hosted at toypanic, as can be seen by the embedded img url. I tried taking a few of those urls and visiting the images directly, but that didn't work out, which was to be expected, since I can't visit the website either. I wish we knew why some people see them and a few don't. But even if we did, I still think there is nothing we can do, other than save the images and upload them here.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s why I always download all the images to my hard drive and then upload them from there. It seems to be the only way to ensure there’s no cross interference from some of these sites. As I said before, ToyPanic can be touchy, and I often have to “refined” the site, as the URL often goes missing. I’m guessing they get hacked, etc., and lose control and have to migrate over to a new location.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum