OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Body compatibility with Hot Toys

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Body compatibility with Hot Toys Empty Body compatibility with Hot Toys Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:56 pm

Cisco Von Drackenn

Cisco Von Drackenn
Hello guys:
I found this girl at a garage sale.
She didin´t have a box, but all its accessories and the suit are relatively well cared for, with minimal wrinkles.
The problem is that the joints are somewhat loose, especially in the legs.
I plan to change the body, but obviously phicen or jiaudoll are not the option, do you think the pop toys body is suitable?
Has anyone tried to replace the hottoys body?
greetings friends. Cool

Body compatibility with Hot Toys 52567283566_96bf353518_hwidow by Cisco Von Drackenn, en Flickr

2Body compatibility with Hot Toys Empty Re: Body compatibility with Hot Toys Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:45 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Poptoys bodies are based on Hot Toys bodies, design-wise, so I *think* it might fit into the suit. However, there could potentially be some skintone matching issues, so it may not be 100% compatible in that regard.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3Body compatibility with Hot Toys Empty Re: Body compatibility with Hot Toys Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice find, Cisco. I have not really looked at open-jointed female bodies in a long time, but I think Sky is right.

4Body compatibility with Hot Toys Empty Re: Body compatibility with Hot Toys Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:02 am

Cisco Von Drackenn

Cisco Von Drackenn
skywalkersaga wrote:Poptoys bodies are based on Hot Toys bodies, design-wise, so I *think* it might fit into the suit. However, there could potentially be some skintone matching issues, so it may not be 100% compatible in that regard.

I wonder if the hot toys body is modular, maybe separate the upper part of the torso and put the arms and the lower part with the poptoys legs... I confess that I have never disassembled a modular body, I will do research Very Happy thanks Skywalkersaga Cool

5Body compatibility with Hot Toys Empty Re: Body compatibility with Hot Toys Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:06 am

Cisco Von Drackenn

Cisco Von Drackenn
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice find, Cisco. I have not really looked at open-jointed female bodies in a long time, but I think Sky is right.

Thanks Gubernaturfan, I´m going to buy the body, although it´s the end of the year, I suppose I will wait for the next one to avoid shipping problems with gift traffic, we will see in 2023 if the change could be made, regards Cool

6Body compatibility with Hot Toys Empty Re: Body compatibility with Hot Toys Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:35 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Cisco Von Drackenn wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Poptoys bodies are based on Hot Toys bodies, design-wise, so I *think* it might fit into the suit. However, there could potentially be some skintone matching issues, so it may not be 100% compatible in that regard.

I wonder if the hot toys body is modular, maybe separate the upper part of the torso and put the arms and the lower part with the poptoys legs... I confess that I have never disassembled a modular body, I will do research Very Happy  thanks Skywalkersaga Cool

Poptoys bodies can indeed come apart in that manner, you can remove the arms and legs. If the Hot Toys body is compatible in terms of the balljoint size it might potentially work.

Alternatively, you can try to tighten up the HT body's joints using glue.... also requires taking it apart to do that, but it might be worth a try if the other options don't pan out .

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Body compatibility with Hot Toys Empty Re: Body compatibility with Hot Toys Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:56 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
You could check out the YouTube channel Danoby2. He does a body swap for a Hot Toys Black Widow. It’s maybe not the same Widow, as the video looks like it’s from 6yrs ago and there are a few versions of her, but it will at least work as a proof of concept. I will not link here as he can be fairly NSFW (plus I dunno how to mark this post NSFW), but a search for “danoby2 Phicen black widow” should get you there. If you see Cap and Widow in thumbnail, you’ve found it.

Bit of a shot in the dark, but if I understand correctly, hot toys doesn’t exactly deviate from the bodies they use, so it’s at least worth checking out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum