OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 40]

skywalkersaga

Wow, thanks for the lightning-fast responses, guys!

scalawag, thanks so much for offering to help -- here is a pic of the type in question. They are the longer, more slender sort in comparison to the Hot Toys or Sideshow pegs.

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 DML2085-2T

And thank you so much, GF, I had no idea the Soldier Story ones were the same, that's very useful info! I appreciate the links as well.... sometimes I tend to forget about actual stores, lol. The main one in the US I'm familiar with is Monkey Depot, but they were all sold out of DamToys pegs atm. So generally I tend to just look on ebay. But sometimes knowing what words to look up is half the battle... I always forget that they are sometimes called 'pins' as well! Thank you! Very Happy

The only downside to ordering from the US is the cost of shipping. I don't mind waiting for things...goodness knows I have waited long enough to do this particular figure, so another couple weeks isn't a huge deal. But eek...the shipping prices for such small and otherwise inexpensive items is still so frustrating, no matter how many times I've had to deal with it. :/

And re: Damtoys bodies, I only have one male DamToys body -- just a random narrow-shouldered one I picked up off ebay a while back -- but it seems to be quite good quality, and especially useful for a figure that has lots of layers of clothing and/or armour. So, yeah, it works for well enough for me.  : )

And blackpool, so kind of you to offer!  will PM you. : )

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Search for "Easy & Simple" wrist pegs (those are the same as the ones you've posted). They aren't always easy to find, and sometimes they can be a little spendy, but those are the same. Easy & Simple makes a lot of bodies with those types of proprietary wrist pegs -- or they are using a specific type of body that requires them.

skywalkersaga

Thank you, Stryker — I would never have known otherwise that ‘Easy&Simple’ was a brand name ... good to know! : )

scalawag

I have these if they are any good to you.

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 LfPwnWl

If they are what you are looking for then drop me a message with your address and I will pop them in the post for you.

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
For a moment I panicked and thought I had said Soldier Story instead of Easy & Simple by mistake, but after some checking, at least some of the Soldier Story pegs are the same like those used by DAM and Easy & Simple, after all. See here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.X1%2F6+soldier+story+hand.TRS0&_nkw=1%2F6+soldier+story+hand&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=1%2F6+soldier+story+wrist+peg&LH_TitleDesc=0

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, ok , I see — thank you for clarifying! I’d been under the impression that it was only DAM that used that type, and hadn’t realized other brands did too until you and Stryker mentioned it, so I appreciate the education. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Has anyone seen for sale (or have some they're willing to part with) any of the DAMToys .410 shells?

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 DML1341-2T

They came with a couple of the the Gangster Kingdom figures.  I need about 12.  I've seen them up before but not seeing them anywhere now.  Even trying casting them, but they're so small, it's proving difficult.  Any help or leads would be huge.  Thanks!

Matt.s99

Going all the way back to the first messages here, I am looking for a CGL Phoenix figure. Either the full thing or just one of the head sculpts. She’s impossible to find.

Can Anyone help me out?

PitViper

PitViper
Looking for loose regular red-colored shotgun shells, need about 12 of them. Please PM me if you have them. Thanks!

shazzdan

shazzdan
ReverendSpooky wrote:Has anyone seen for sale (or have some they're willing to part with) any of the DAMToys .410 shells?

They came with a couple of the the Gangster Kingdom figures.  I need about 12.  I've seen them up before but not seeing them anywhere now.  Even trying casting them, but they're so small, it's proving difficult.  Any help or leads would be huge.  Thanks!

First principle is: "don't buy when you can make." My first thought is to use brass flat-head nails. Grind the head down so it only has a small rim. Then cut it to the right length and paint the lower section in red enamel. Paint a small silver dot on the head for the primer. .410 cartridges are approx. 13.4mm in diameter so you need nails with a 2.2mm shank. Hmmm... I'm going to try this myself. The only tricky part would be grinding the head so it looks like a nice tidy circular rim.

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 Flat-head-brass-brad-nails-1000-pieces-3

Peaches

Peaches
shazzdan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Has anyone seen for sale (or have some they're willing to part with) any of the DAMToys .410 shells?

First principle is: "don't buy when you can make." My first thought is to use brass flat-head nails. Grind the head down so it only has a small rim. Then cut it to the right length and paint the lower section in red enamel. Paint a small silver dot on the head for the primer. .410 cartridges are approx. 13.4mm in diameter so you need nails with a 2.2mm shank. Hmmm... I'm going to try this myself. The only tricky part would be grinding the head so it looks like a nice tidy circular rim.

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 Flat-head-brass-brad-nails-1000-pieces-3

Are there any brass finish nails with smaller heads?

shazzdan

shazzdan
Here is a prototype. Took less than 10 minutes. I used a steel nail and painted it gold and red. Brass nails will definitely work. I only had a gloss red paint but matt red would be better.

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 F7TbjdK

Peaches

Peaches
Looks good rabbit

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
shazzdan wrote:Here is a prototype. Took less than 10 minutes. I used a steel nail and painted it gold and red. Brass nails will definitely work. I only had a gloss red paint but matt red would be better.

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 F7TbjdK

It's a beauty!

shazzdan

shazzdan
If you want some plastic ones, these are a buck each, but they look pretty crude.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/L58-16-1-6-scale-action-figure-plastic-Shotgun-bullets-6/254021206769

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 S-l1600

291quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 Empty Looking for..... Mon May 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Parabellum

Can anybody point me in the right direction on finding a scope mount for an m16 carrying handle. I really don’t want to have to purchase a whole weapon to get one. I have looked everywhere (to my knowledge). No one has one or is willing to separate the part. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 4d6c5c10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Try blackopstoys, if you haven’t already.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 C8485110

Parabellum

I did email them and they told me they didn’t plan on selling that part separate.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I hope you can find one! Though unfortunately, in this hobby, sometimes the only option IS to purchase a 'whole item'. If so, you may have some luck selling the weapon on its own. You never know, someone might have the opposite issue and want it by itself. : )

Parabellum

Good point!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good luck, Parabellum! : )

And ironically I am having a similar issue, lol. I am absolutely DESPERATE to have the headsculpt from this upcoming/pre-order Flagset figure:

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 10_c1483dfb-415f-4c35-a877-4130b8d5cc1f_1024x1024@2x

https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-scale-flagset-fs-73022-doomsday-end-war-death-squad-u-umir-dog?variant=14447221506111

It's the best looking bald headsculpt I've seen so far, not to mention it has the exact expression that I want for a character I'm trying to create. I've been looking for months with no luck, and then when I saw this pre-order, my jaw fell open cause it was just too perfect! :O

Somehow I have a feeling I'm not the only one who is going to want this just for the sculpt, lol, but even so I thought it was worth asking just in case anyone is planning to preorder this and wouldn't mind parting with the head. Or, alternatively, if I were to purchase it myself, if someone here would be interested in the body, outfit, or any of the other parts. At most, I really only have use for the head and maybe the dog. ;D Otherwise I don't need the rest of the set at all.

While I could wait until someone parts it out, such things can go quite fast and there's no guarantee I'd manage to snag one. And on the converse, I can always offer the rest of the items on ebay if need be, but I thought I'd try here first just in case. : )

Regardless, I'm determined to get ahold of this sculpt one way or another... Razz

Parabellum

That is awesome! Good luck!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Shazzdan, I really appreciate the nail suggestion! I actually got a few more of the GK .410 shells, then ended up going a very different route all together on the project. But now you've got me thinking of these for something else in the future. And having the option to make an unlimited amount, over being locked into what's available is a HUGE thing.

Skywalkersaga, I'll keep my eyes out for that head once it releases. Nothing I need from the set, so can't offer to split it, but I do spend way too much time looking through parted out accessories, so I'll at least keep a lookout.

If anyone out there sees a Star Ace Bellatrix head parted out, I'd be in your debt if you dropped me a line on it. I haven't seen it loose anywhere, but would love to get it for a project I have in mind.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, thanks, Rev, it’s always nice to have an extra pair of eyes on the lookout for these things. And likewise, I’ll let you know if I ever come across a Bellatrix sculpt!

Peaches

Peaches
Wish I could go in on this one, but budget is tight and I don't have a need Sad Love Flagset quality though! She's super cool!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:I've been searching and searching and I can't seem to find a ladies' pre-1900 pith helmet. Any ideas:

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 137c8610
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 2444c810
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 Ad7dc510
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 D4144b10
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 Female10

All of the images you'v posted are actually of 20th C types. Prior to the introduction of Wolseley pattern helmets, most pith helmets worn by men or women, military or civilian of most countries, were not the wide brimmed types we are most familiar.

Tony at Antheads.com casts some Victorian era types in resin;  The most commonly worn type at the time were the British Foreign Service Helmet, but probably the one you would like the most would be the Wolseley pattern, though this only appeared in 1898. http://www.antheads.co.uk/catguide/helmets

BTW, your last image is that of the Indian made "Sola Topi" which only appeared in the 1920's and was worn by British troops in hot dusty places until the last British soldier left India in 1947. As an interesting historical note, when a British battalion or regiment left India, they would keep their topis until the ship passed Cyprus, which was the point of no return. The battalion or regiment was then assembled on deck, and on command, as one, flung their topis into the sea.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the link, TPB. Very cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 12 C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the link, TPB. Very cool.

I discovered him several months ago and placed an order for WWII Canadian cap badges, officers pips etc for when I get around to building my WWII collection. He's very friendly and communication is excellent, just in case you're still looking for pith helmets, or as the British call them, sun helmets. The Royal Canadian Regiment and the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry still wear a spiked Wolseley pattern when in full ceremonial dress.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Has anyone seen those HT Babydoll/Sucker Punch knockoff headsculpts anywhere recently? I managed to pick one up a while back for a planned custom figure, and thought I'd go look for another as a spare/back up just in case. But now I cannot find them anywhere [on ebay at least]. I know they sometimes are listed under more generic title, but I still can't seem to find any no matter what word search combinations I use. 

ETA: It's not a dire necessity, but just curious if they are still around...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum