OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Realistic Muscular Body Recommendations

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TWJoseph

Hey, everyone!

I am seeking recommendations for realistic, jointed, muscular male bodies for a custom ‘Creature Walks Among Us’ figure.

Realistic Muscular Body Recommendations  Img_5513

I have been looking at a Worldbox AT044 body. I am guessing a figure with a neck joint is the way to go because of the Creature headsculpt (see photo). I would like to transfer the head, hands and feet to a new body.

I prefer a solid plastic figure without any rubber parts. For example, the Hot Toys TTM19 TrueType Muscular Body Figure has a sort of rubberized chest plate.

I’ve done some illustrations of the character I would like to create:

Realistic Muscular Body Recommendations  Img_3710

Realistic Muscular Body Recommendations  Img_2710

Realistic Muscular Body Recommendations  Img_5010

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TWJoseph wrote:I am seeking recommendations for realistic, jointed, muscular male bodies for a custom ‘Creature Walks Among Us’ figure.
From a quick image search, it looks like you need something larger than a regular sixth-scale figure, and that you would have to make quite a lot of modifications (additional sculpting) on top. One possibility might be Neca's 1/4 scale Kratos body (the armor, harness, and skirt can be removed). Keep in mind, the leg joints are brittle.

By the way, there do exist some action figure renditions, but I'm not sure they are satisfactory in scale. For example,
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_041403a.htm

TWJoseph

Thank you for your quick response! Is the AT044 figure taller than most 1/6 scale male figures? I’ve only found comparisons to other WorldBox figures not other brands.

The Sideshow creature is a little taller than the Phicen M34 figure:

Realistic Muscular Body Recommendations  Img_5512

I would like to keep him in scale with the TBLeague/Phicen M34, M35 and S09 figures.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
So from what I can see, the AT044 body should come in, with head sculpt, around 33cm. That’s a touch taller than the M34. That said, if you want to consider it, the AT030 is a freak. This thread here shows it next to a M35 with the M35 looking dwarfed, which takes doing!

TWJoseph

Thank you for your reply. I was looking at the AT030 but possibly for a custom MOTU Mer-Man (since he’s a beast!). I’m also thinking of doing a Swamp Thing custom so I couldn’t go wrong if I go with one that’s a little too big.

In promotional pictures, the AT027 looks bigger than the AT030 and the AT044 looks comparable to the AT027.

Realistic Muscular Body Recommendations  Img_5514
Realistic Muscular Body Recommendations  Img_5515

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So Kratos is probably out if you don't want to give him pants. AT044 looks like your best bet. Note the removable neck piece, which may or may not be helpful to you, or aesthetically pleasing. AT027 almost as good, just a tad shorter and no second point of neck articulation. Neither is going to be as huge as the Creature on the posters with the human in his clutches, but the look might work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum