OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Extra: Neil and Saxon

All the sin, greed, desire, power, wealth and confession will be buried deep under the earth.  Good luck, grateful one.

Neil, as the founder of the Clover gang, has long-term plans for the future of the Club family. He hopes that the Club will become stronger and stronger to compete with other families, but this requires not only a lot of manpower but also a lot of money.
Neil and Saxon first met in an antique gun auction. They both have a hobby of collecting antique firearms, which contributed to the acquaintance of the two. In early years they had good cooperation and gradually established a friendship. Saxon in his peak years had also looked after Neil. After Saxon was imprisoned, Neil often went to prison to visit him and gave him a lot of care and protection. He also took Saxon's only remaining illegitimate child into protection, as well as Saxon's favourite bully dog: Wade.
Saxon knows what Neil wants, and vice versa. However, the hatred between Saxon and K of Spade as well as Neil and Ogier's mentorship has left Neil in a dilemma. The solution he could think of would be that K of Spade die before Saxon and then support Ogier to take over the family, but it seems that the time is running out.
Recently, Neil learnt that Saxon's illness has worsened, so he brought Saxon's dog to visit him in prison. The meeting was arranged in a special room. Saxon was helped to sit down by the prison guards, looking very haggard and coughing: his body was very weak. Saxon watched Wade slowly crawling over and lowered himself with great difficulty to stroke his beloved dog, as old as it was. Weakly and softly, he said: "Wade, you are also old. I may have to leave first".
"Wade is 20 years old, the equivalent of a human's hundred. It seemed to me that he was on his way out as well, so I brought him here to meet you, old friend." Neil spoke slowly.
"I remember the first time I met him was in a small village in Mexico. I was being hunted. I was hiding in a house in the village and that's where I met Wade. He was born not long ago and had just learnt to run. At that time, he was timid and always trying to hide. After I escaped, all the people in that village were slaughtered, but Wade hid away, and I brought him with me after returned to the village. I also took him back a few times before I went to prison to see if he still had memories of the familiar yet strange village." Saxon took Wade in his arms and stroked it gently; memories of the past were unfolding.
"He has left for too long to remember the smell of his old owner." Neil replied back.
"The first time I took him back, I hid one of his favourite bones under his master's tombstone, and he found it. Huh, the little guy only remembers something when he needs it." Saxon smiled bitterly looking over at old Wade.
"I buried everyone from that village, but there were no names on the headstones. I don't know any of their names, but I also put up one for Wade, and I hope that he will return to his owner in his last days. Maybe that will put some peace in me." Saxon recounted with a sigh.
"I remember you mentioning that village to me before, I will take him back and let Wade rest in peace there." Neil replied after a moment's hesitation as if he sensed something.

"I'm so tired. It feels like every night I go to bed is like a farewell only to wake up the next day and realise that Death is always late. Maybe he's waiting for someone to pay for my boat ticket." Saxon slowly raised his head kept coughing and looked over at Neil.
Visiting hours were up and the prison guards began to urge.
"Old friend, I'll say hello to the Grim Reaper and let you rest in peace." Neil nodded his head at Saxon, put on his top hat, got up and slowly carried off old Wade.
Saxon looked at Neil's back and closed his eyes in silence, as if his coughing had stopped for the moment. He slowly uttered the words, "Good luck, Grateful One".
Neil turned back and stared at Saxon's smiling face for a moment and then turned away.
In front of a remote and deserted village on the outskirts of Mexico, the place was overgrown with weeds, which hadn't been taken care of for a long time. The graveyard in front of a dilapidated church was strewn with tombstones of different shapes and sizes, all of which had no words on them, just like a bunch of lonely souls wandering around, waiting for guidance. Neil carried old Wade down from the car, and the old dog creeped with struggle to sniff the smells in the graveyard. It seemed that the place hadn't had a familiar smell for a long time.
Neil followed the slow crawling Wade, while looking around. In front of one of the tombstones, Wade stopped. It circled around the stone for a few times and then began to dig the soil slowly and laboriously with its claws. Neil signaled his men to go and help, and they began to dig the soil quickly with their daggers. After digging deeply for about 40 centimetres, a line of shallow writing carved on the tombstone was slowly revealed, and Neil leaned down to look at it. After pushed aside the mud and weeds, Neil saw a line of words written in Latin, " All the sin, greed, desire, power, wealth and confession will be buried deep under the earth.  Good luck, grateful one."
Word of Neil's visit to Saxon soon reached the ears of the Diamonds and the Hearts family, and both sides started to move quickly.

The European dragon and Eastern dragon tattoos on Neil's chest represent his wish to be both white and yellow.

DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005

List:
Head sculpt HEADSCULP
Body ACTION BADY

Clothing:  
Black BLACK TWEED COAT
BROWN SUIT
BROWN DRESS PANTS
YELLOW VEST
WHITE SHIRT BLUE SCARF
BLACK
TIE

Accessories:
Top Hat CAP
Gloves x6 HAND GLOVES x6
m1911 Pistol A M1911 PISTOL A
m1911 Pistol B M1911 PISTOL B
Spencer's Ball Gun M1865
Gambler's Jump Knife STILETTO
Pocket Watch POCKET WATCH
Cigar CIGAR Cigar
Clipper CIGAR TONGS
Sunglasses SUNGLASSES
Bully Dog AMERICAN BULLY
Dog Chain DOG CHAIN

​​Barcode: 6976204930174

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0127
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0228
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0327
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0427
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0525
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0625
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0725
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0824
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0923

DAMTOYS 1/6 Gangsters Kingdom 2023 SHANGHAI WF VENUE LIMITED EDITION--------extra chapter Neil gks005 L

list:
Head carving HEADSCULP
body ACTION BADY

clothing:  
blue woolen coat BLUE TWEED COAT
yellow suit YELLOW SUIT
yellow trousers YELLOW DRESS PANTS
brown waistcoat BROWN VEST
white shirt WHITE SHIRT
red scarf RED SCARF
red tie RED TIE

accessories:
top hat CAP
Gloves x6 HAND GLOVES x6
m1911 Pistol A M1911 PISTOL A
m1911 Pistol B M1911 PISTOL B
Winchester Rifle WINCHESTER
RIFLE STILETTO
Pocket Watch POCKET WATCH
Cigar CIGAR
Cigar Clipper CIGAR TONGS
Sunglasses SUNGLASSES
Bully Dog AMERICAN
BULLY DOG CHAIN

Barcode: 6976204930174

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 10112
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 11107
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 12107
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 13107
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 1497
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 1596
GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 1684

DAMTOYS1/6 Gangsters Kingdom --------extra chapter Neil gks005

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 1775

#DAMTOYS #GangsterKingdom

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Cool looking figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
As usual, I love most things about these sets, except for the stylized treatment of humans and animals.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:As usual, I love most things about these sets, except for the stylized treatment of humans and animals.

I actually draw a distinction between the stylized humans and the stylized animals, and for admittedly a very petty reason.  I got a very long time ago to the point where I really appreciated these stylized GK humans as something of a separate category, like liking maybe one comic book artist for his own sake even though he draws differently from anyone else.  It's weird though, because I still can't relate to the 1/6 stuff of Ashley Wood at 3A or Vinyls generally.  It helps that I have enough of these Dam GKs that they constitute a separate 1/6 world for me unto themselves.  Totally understand why others may feel otherwise.

The petty reason for distinguishing humans and animals is that the latter are even more exaggerated; but also, at animal level I can't justify the non-reusability and the added cost (especially when Dam often makes the animals a separate and disproportionately expensive purchase).

But the thousand dollar question - help!  I cannot figure out who this is supposed to be  Generally it's movie action heroes, but sometimes sports figures.  I might have said an older David Carradine but they've done him already.  So who?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I actually draw a distinction between the stylized humans and the stylized animals, and for admittedly a very petty reason.  I got a very long time ago to the point where I really appreciated these stylized GK humans as something of a separate category, like liking maybe one comic book artist for his own sake even though he draws differently from anyone else.  It's weird though, because I still can't relate to the 1/6 stuff of Ashley Wood at 3A or Vinyls generally.  It helps that I have enough of these Dam GKs that they constitute a separate 1/6 world for me unto themselves.  Totally understand why others may feel otherwise.

The petty reason for distinguishing humans and animals is that the latter are even more exaggerated; but also, at animal level I can't justify the non-reusability and the added cost (especially when Dam often makes the animals a separate and disproportionately expensive purchase).

But the thousand dollar question - help!  I cannot figure out who this is supposed to be  Generally it's movie action heroes, but sometimes sports figures.  I might have said an older David Carradine but they've done him already.  So who?
Since for me realism is an integral part of the attraction of sixth-scale collectibles, I find it harder to warm up to stylized characters -- although I'm perfectly happy to note examples of really cool and sharp design, and the ability to translate into a 3d collectible something from a 2D cartoon or animation. I do find these cooler than many other stylized series, but I'm also not the biggest fan of gangsters (except for Jabba and his crew), so this is not enough to tempt me into investing in it. And I think you're right that they go an extra mile when they stylize the animals, as clearly exemplified with this set. 
I also wondered about the likeness, and an older David Carradine did cross my mind, but I'm far from sure.

teamweapon

the only person im seeing is peter stormare? altho from which movie is a mystery??
it does look kinda like the carradine figure they already did but not quite the same hmmmm....

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
teamweapon wrote:the only person im seeing is peter stormare? altho from which movie is a mystery??
it does look kinda like the carradine figure they already did but not quite the same hmmmm....

Typically Dam GK do actor caricatures but they don't usually go for any specific movie (although Danny Trejo as Machete was the exception).  Stormare is visually a very good call though I'm not sure he's on a comparable level to their previous choices.

I'm pretty sure this is David Carradine after all, and they are doing him a second time for purposes of their internal "Gangster Kingdom" story - the same way Jason Statham got done twice plus a reissue, but representing the same internal GK character.  If I'd ever paid any attention to their storyline I might have noticed David Carradine is "Neil" both times -- previously, Gangster Kingdom Side Story Neil, now Gangsters Kingdom - Memory Article Neil and Saxon.

GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 0525GangsterKingdom - NEW PRODUCT: DAMTOYS Gangsters Kingdom--------extra chapter Neil gks005 C_1611

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum