OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floral Delight

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

413 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:12 am

Diana

NICE choices! Very Happy

423 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:34 am

DarthJ

I found 2 dresses. As it wasn't too far I fetched them myself, venturing out in the boondocks where no straight road has been invented yet.

Both in original packaging complete with shoes and shawls. Unfortunately though they had spent about 50 years in a damp cellar. One of the dresses is in bad shape, the other one needs some extra tricks to get a few spots out.

So, if I can find a few in the Belgian Boondocks how about America ? The dresses were mainly sold in the USA so there must be hundreds of these hiding in basements, attics, abandoned warehouses, etc ... I'll buy any intact one for a decent price. Complete set or not. The neck string will often be missing but that is not a problem.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_9110

433 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:55 am

DarthJ

For those interested, I have put 2 skeletons on sale in the classifieds.

443 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:07 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Do you know what these sets were called? If so, you should list the exact title, and perhaps folks can help you find more.

453 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:36 pm

DarthJ

Stryker2012 wrote:Do you know what these sets were called? If so, you should list the exact title, and perhaps folks can help you find more.

This thread was named after the one dress in particular I am looking for : Floral Delight, made by Kenner for the Bionic Woman doll.
Because of the many layers there is an almost infinite number of variations possible, most of the time the orange tone prevails, sometimes a more yellow tone. It's just an uncurable collectors thing to find as many variations as possible.

There is a noticeable difference between the 2 dresses I bought yesterday, one is of thicker, solid fabric while the other one is flimsier and almost falls apart if you touch it.

Though I am also looking for :

- the other 7 clothes sets (mostly dresses) in this "Designer Series" for the Bionic Woman.

- Simply Summer" (1973 version) for Barbie. Again, variations, also in manufacturing quality. Picture see previous page.

- dress #5705 (1980) by Plasty for Petra, a German Barbie clone. This is a dark blue "Wickelkleid"  (wrap-around) dress. Due to a lackluster manufacturing quality it may take a few dresses before you find a good one.

I had to borrow an image from the Internet as a placeholder.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 1980-510

-

463 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:45 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my goodness, I only saw this thread now. I'm so incredibly sorry to see that happened. I know how much you enjoy collecting these vintage doll dresses and outfits. I'm glad at least most of your doll clothing collection was ok?

Losing any part of your collection unexpectedly to such a horrible thing as fire would be distressing no matter what, but imo the vintage clothes are more unique than the tbleague bodies and heads. I would be sad to lose the heads and bodies I collected due to how expensive they can be, but I would be far more upset to lose any of my custom and/or vintage doll clothing. I really hope you can continue to find replacements for the items that were lost!  

I'm in the UK, but I'll keep an eye out for Sindy and Barbie clothing that you might want...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

473 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:52 pm

DarthJ

I have boxes filled with clothing but the problem is most of the special items were lost.Burned to a crisp, I didn't even find charred fragments so far. The same thing happened to the box with heads. It's just gone.

Speaking of which, I am looking for this head (RIP). Anybody knows which one this is ?

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_8310

483 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Illusion

Illusion
So sad to read what has happened to you. I was just too shocked to comment at first.
A nightmare that my mind does not want to deal with. Thank god noone was hurt.

Hats off that you immediately started to sort out and clean and restock/rebuild! cheers

I am not sure I would have the stamina to do it. So, best of luck with your quest!

493 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:31 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You for share this pictures to us. A really lovely Dress and what a band of beauties.

503 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:17 pm

DarthJ

2 months after disaster day I find 2 more surviving heads.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Heads10

513 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like the bionic woman, you can repair them better than before.

523 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:07 pm

DarthJ

Actually the heads get clean rather easily but the hair, that will be another matter and it will require some very "girly" action to get those clean. To begin with, a nice shampooing.

533 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:08 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Oh man! The carnage there must be unreal. The clean up process definitely takes a long time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 1f10

543 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DarthJ wrote:Actually the heads get clean rather easily but the hair, that will be another matter and it will require some very "girly" action to get those clean. To begin with, a nice shampooing.
I'm sure you can handle that. If that doesn't work, re-hairing is not that difficult, we even have a tutorial now.

553 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:05 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Give them new hair with natural fibres, will be even more realistic 😊

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

563 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:24 am

DarthJ

I obtained a 2nd Floral Delight dress. This one from the Netherlands. America disappoints me somewhat. This dress was mainly sold in their countries (USA and Canada) and while there must be dozens of dresses lingering in attics and basements none show up on sites such as Ebay. Or here.
The Phicens are S39 and S28.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_9914

573 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:30 am

DarthJ

Remember the miniature dictionaries ? I found a few of them hiding in a closet.
But where are the other ones ?

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_9814

583 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:43 am

DarthJ

Salvaged stuff. Untouched by fire (except for the smell sometimes) but often covered by a layer of soot.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_9916

Even the coffee grinder survived, needs a clean though.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_9917

Shoes for Kenner dolls, usually selling at + $20 a pair on Ebay.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_9918

593 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:08 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice you were able to recover more stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 1f10

603 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:20 pm

DarthJ

Another lucky find, at the bottom of a box with "ordinary" clothing I found a few special items. Such as the "Royal Occasion (1977)" dress.
Survivor and new purchase using a larger S25 and and a smaller S27. There must be a third one somewhere.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_0023

613 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you keep finding survivors.

623 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:18 am

Diana

Diana
They look so pretty!! Glad they survived. They look good on those petite bodies!

633 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:50 pm

DarthJ

Royal Occasion #3 has been found. It needs some cleaning.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_8610

643 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:56 pm

DarthJ

Look who is back, all the way from Malaya. And she brought 2 sisters too.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_8710

653 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:30 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
DarthJ wrote:Another lucky find, at the bottom of a box with "ordinary" clothing I found a few special items. Such as the "Royal Occasion (1977)" dress.
Survivor and new purchase using a larger S25 and and a smaller S27. There must be a third one somewhere.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_0023

Very pretty! Smile

663 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:30 am

DarthJ

The #3 dress has been cleaned. It's a little bit paler than the other 2 but the lace is rather messed up and I am very reluctant to iron the dress as it's rather plastic than textile so it could melt when heated.
Not to worry though, #4 is on its way.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_8712

673 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:54 pm

Diana

Diana
Looking good! May the cleaning process all work out nicely. The golden dress looks really nice!

683 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:53 pm

DarthJ

Meanwhile I found another survivor : my Samantha Fox cushion. Vintage 1980s. Used as decoration only to keep in good condition. As I didn't see it anymore so I assumed it had been laying next to the bed and had been burned to a crisp too. But no, it was buried under a heap of other cushions on the sofa.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_0411

693 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Empty Re: Floral Delight Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:54 pm

DarthJ

The antique cash register, looks even more antique now.

Actually a pencil sharpener.

3 - Floral Delight - Page 3 Img_0811

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum