OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which suntan body matches this head?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Which suntan body matches this head? Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:46 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
I bought this SUPER DUCK SDH042 female head sculpt, and am looking for a suntan body with a small bust to match it. I would prefer a body with the joints visible, as I don't mind the way they look. But I'm open to a seamless body too. Can anybody point me in the right direction please? Links would be very helpful. Thanks so much!

Which suntan body matches this head? Superd10

2Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't have this, but it looks more likely to match the pale rather than the suntan skin tone. Generally speaking, Super Duck heads tend to be sizable, so you're probably safer with something other than the petite bodies. But maybe someone else here actually has the head and has matched it to a body.

3Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:15 am

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't have this, but it looks more likely to match the pale rather than the suntan skin tone. Generally speaking, Super Duck heads tend to be sizable, so you're probably safer with something other than the petite bodies. But maybe someone else here actually has the head and has matched it to a body.

Thanks GubernatorFan. When I bought it on Giantoy the listing said it would match a suntan body, which is why I'm looking for suntan. However I bought the last head, so the listing then disappeared. I don't remember which bodies it mentioned. Is there a big colour difference between suntan bodies, or are they all the same?

I'm pretty new to buying separate heads and bodies. How do I make sure I'm buying a body that isn't too petite as you mentioned?

4Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:58 am

madnug

madnug
its more suitable to suntan, But it can get away with pale.. kinda similar coloring and size to SDH022.

based on the promo pic, id say its a standard TBLEAGUE size body suntan S12,S09.. you can opt for S17,S19 too which have smaller bust size, but overall is similar sizing..
other is larger or plump body like S29/S43/S53

due to superduck head tends to be on the large size, i dont recommend body smaller than above.

if plastic or hybrid body you can try Verycool/ poptoys xing body which has similar sizing and color match.. but it will look skinny

Worldbox AT203 also can, but the bust is too small, might wanna purchase extra bust to match better.

Which suntan body matches this head? Scg10
Which suntan body matches this head? Scg210

5Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:05 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
madnug wrote:its more suitable to suntan, But it can get away with pale.. kinda similar coloring and size to SDH022.

based on the promo pic, id say its a standard TBLEAGUE size body suntan S12,S09.. you can opt for S17,S19 too which have smaller bust size, but overall is similar sizing..
other is larger or plump body like S29/S43/S53

due to superduck head tends to be on the large size, i dont recommend body smaller than above.

if plastic or hybrid body you can try Verycool/ poptoys xing body which has similar sizing and color match.. but it will look skinny

Worldbox AT203 also can, but the bust is too small, might wanna purchase extra bust to match better.

Which suntan body matches this head? Scg10
Which suntan body matches this head? Scg210

Thanks so much Madnug, that's so helpful. I'm looking for S17,S19 because of the smaller bust, but can't seem to find one. Do you happen to know where there might be one for sale. A link would be really great. Thanks so much for all your help. Smile

6Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:17 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GianToy usually has great prices for Tbleague bodies. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:27 pm

madnug

madnug
HelloBirdie,
i dont know which country and region you are from, its best to buy from any of your local shops physical or online, if they out of stock hv it Reorder.

Only import if you understand tax shipping and all for your country, sometimes it could cost more than your local retailers, and harder for you to return/exchange items if something is wrong.

here's an example of superduck head sculpt on S12D Left and S19B Right for you to gauge how big their heads are and best suited for what body for you

Which suntan body matches this head? Scg310

8Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:47 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Thanks so much GubernatorFan, Skywalkersaga and Madnug! You've been so helpful! I think I've found what I'm looking for.

Take care. Smile

9Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Definitely suntan, then, I should not have guessed without context.

10Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:00 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
GubernatorFan wrote:Definitely suntan, then, I should not have guessed without context.

I know what you mean. Pictures can be misleading because of the light. Smile

11Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:01 am

madnug

madnug
based on the pictures, the head should have some tinge of white like a foundation look on a make up face.. it can get away with pale if the body is clothed mostly around the chest and neck which wont be too obvious...

Super duck Jill Valentine sculpted hair version HS would hv that kinda paint too.. which can be mistaken for pale.. but actually more suited for suntan.

i mostly just follow the manufacturer recommended color, or look at the promo pics and try to identify the color by the body they use..

12Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:47 am

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
madnug wrote:based on the pictures, the head should have some tinge of white like a foundation look on a make up face.. it can get away with pale if the body is clothed mostly around the chest and neck which wont be too obvious...

Super duck Jill Valentine sculpted hair version HS would hv that kinda paint too.. which can be mistaken for pale.. but actually more suited for suntan.

i mostly just follow the manufacturer recommended color, or look at the promo pics and try to identify the color by the body they use..

Thanks Madnug. You're very knowledgeable about all this. I'm learning a lot from you. Smile

13Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:25 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Hey guys. Smile My phicen body came in the mail and is a perfect size, skintone. However the neck is way too short for her head. Do I need a neck adaptor?

Many thanks!

14Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:Hey guys. Smile My phicen body came in the mail and is a perfect size, skintone. However the neck peg is too big for her head. Do I need to look for a neck adaptor?

Many thanks!
In principle, if the neck peg is too big, try:
1. Heating it up with a hair dryer (or hot water, which can be messy) -- the softened plastic might allow the neck peg to slide in. This should do the trick, especially as Super Duck heads are generally meant to be compatible with TBLeague bodies.
2. Removing the inside neck connector from the head (if there is one). If heating that doesn't help, skip the inside neck connector and just place some pliable material around the neck peg so the head would sit reasonably secure on it. My favorite go-to is a piece of foamie, but I've heard of people using even layers of paper towel or tissue.
3. If the inside neck connector cannot be removed or pried out, you can enlarge its opening with a Dremel tool or similar.

15Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:14 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
GubernatorFan wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:Hey guys. Smile My phicen body came in the mail and is a perfect size, skintone. However the neck peg is too big for her head. Do I need to look for a neck adaptor?

Many thanks!
1. Heating it up with a hair dryer (or hot water, which can be messy) -- the softened plastic might allow the neck peg to slide in. This should do the trick, especially as Super Duck heads are generally meant to be compatible with TBLeague bodies.
2. Removing the inside neck connector from the head (if there is one). If heating that doesn't help, skip the inside neck connector and just place some pliable material around the neck peg so the head would sit reasonably secure on it. My favorite go-to is a piece of foamie, but I've heard of people using even layers of paper towel or tissue.
3. If the inside neck connector cannot be removed or pried out, you can enlarge its opening with a Dremel tool or similar.

Thanks, I managed to get it to fit. However the neck is way too short. I'm not sure what to do about that.

16Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Many thanks!

Thanks, I managed to get it to fit. However the neck is way too short. I'm not sure what to do about that.
Glad it fit. Which body are you using? In principle, if you remove the inside neck connector and replace it with something that does not require a single specific placement (in terms of height), you would be able to adjust the height of the head over the neck.
Super Duck heads ought to look about right on TBLeague bodies, but as we've discussed recently, some of those have different-length necks. This one fit fine:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6520p20-gubernator-s-various-photos-kitbashes-and-customs-updated-1-january-2024#96886

17Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:25 am

madnug

madnug
Put the adaptor (round cylinder) part of the head on the neck first.. then put the head on and adjust height accordingly… if the adaptor and head is too lose, use tape, cling plastic or anything that u can bind around the adaptor so that the head can fit a bit tight and adjust the head height.. u might need a tweezer to pull the adaptor if it sits too tight to remove it from head.

18Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:31 am

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
GubernatorFan: It's the S19B body. If I push the head down into the body it looks as if she has no neck at all. I may insert something on top of the neck peg to lift the head. We'll see how that works out. Thanks so much for your help.

Madnug: Thank you so much, that's really helpful.

19Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:GubernatorFan: It's the S19B body. If I push the head down into the body it looks as if she has no neck at all. I may insert something on top of the neck peg to lift the head. We'll see how that works out. Thanks so much for your help.

Can't you push it down only part way? If not, yes, you can interpose some small piece of material, from foamie to tissue that would keep the head higher. Madnug's suggestion is also good, but I don't know if the inside neck connector (adaptor) is loose for you to line it with tape, etc. If it is loose, a tighter fit might allow you to change the position of the head on the neck as desired. Provided, of course, that you don't end up with an unsightly gap between the bottom edge of the head and the top of the neck.

20Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:22 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
GubernatorFan wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:GubernatorFan: It's the S19B body. If I push the head down into the body it looks as if she has no neck at all. I may insert something on top of the neck peg to lift the head. We'll see how that works out. Thanks so much for your help.

Can't you push it down only part way? If not, yes, you can interpose some small piece of material, from foamie to tissue that would keep the head higher. Madnug's suggestion is also good, but I don't know if the inside neck connector (adaptor) is loose for you to line it with tape, etc. If it is loose, a tighter fit might allow you to change the position of the head on the neck as desired. Provided, of course, that you don't end up with an unsightly gap between the bottom edge of the head and the top of the neck.

I'm going to use a tiny bit of foam to keep the head at the correct height. Unfortunately there is a bit of a gap, but my character fortunately has clothing that cover her neck, so it all works out.

21Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:57 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
One of the things you can also consider is putting super glue on the neck plug. Place the head at the position you want and then let the glue do it’s work. You won’t have to worry about it ever changing height again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Which suntan body matches this head? 1f10

22Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:07 pm

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Stryker2012 wrote:One of the things you can also consider is putting super glue on the neck plug. Place the head at the position you want and then let the glue do it’s work. You won’t have to worry about it ever changing height again.

Great idea, Stryker, thanks! Very Happy

23Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:16 am

madnug

madnug
I would advise against using super glue, since you will have issue to adjust later on to use and fit on different bodies or head height adjustment.

you can follow the pic as reference to use a tape and crumple the top end if you want the head sits higher.. wrap until the sides is just enough to hv a snug fit with the head, so you wont accidentally drop of the head when handling it..

Which suntan body matches this head? A110
Which suntan body matches this head? A310
adjust the head height until the gaps lessen

Which suntan body matches this head? A410
for S19 the neck/flesh area is shorter, there will be a small gap to make it look like the neck is longer

Which suntan body matches this head? A510
this is a Super duck head on S19, Just adjust the head until the gap reduced.. it should look ok and hv neck

24Which suntan body matches this head? Empty Re: Which suntan body matches this head? Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:09 am

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
madnug wrote:I would advise against using super glue, since you will have issue to adjust later on to use and fit on different bodies or head height adjustment.

Thanks so much Madnug. I'll give that a try. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum