OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cost-effective way to store and/or display head sculpts when not on body

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

craftsrmyluvlanguage

I’m new to this hobby. My plan is to have a few varied bodies and lots of head sculpts I can switch out. Right now, I’ve been storing the heads in the original boxes. The ones that came in little ziploc bags are going in a large bead organizer from Michael’s. Has anyone DIYed a display for heads when not in use? Those busts look lovely, but I don’t want to shell out that much cash to display each head.

Diana

Diana
I also have a bead/ knick-knack organiser to store most of my heads.
I did once start a DIY 3D-printer project: I created boxes of various compatible sizes with display window and lid and built-in stand to achieve a floating effect. That was fun!

Cost-effective way to store and/or display head sculpts when not on body Img_7610 Cost-effective way to store and/or display head sculpts when not on body 30365310

But there is no need for that. You can display these heads on a simple round rod. Now you gotta stabilise it: Get a wooden board and put a hole in it for a snug fit. Get a bigger board, put more holes and rods in it. Put it in an acrylic display box to protect them from dust. Done. Smile 

Simple, cheap, effective and could easily be made to look good, too. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
At my most organized (which does not extend to my whole collection), I use the Darice 12-compartment bead storage box from Walmart, unfortunately hard to find these days for me.

Cost-effective way to store and/or display head sculpts when not on body Empvad10

But this does not work for heads with integral necks or particularly massive hair, especially if molded.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Any organizer for such things as crafting, bolts and screws, or fishing tackle are great options.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Cost-effective way to store and/or display head sculpts when not on body 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum