OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ordering from Machine Gun Figures in the US

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

craftsrmyluvlanguage

Ordering from Machine Gun Figures in the US Img_2412

I’m new to the hobby, and still learning where to find older head sculpts. Some posts have said Machine Gun Figures is a good retailer in Europe. They’re the only retailer I can find that’s selling the brunette VCF-2050 “Kerr” or “Flecktarne” head sculpt on its own (see screenshot above). Every US retailer is selling the entire figure with accessories, which is much more expensive than buying the head from Machine Gun figures on its own. However, I don’t know if I’ll end up paying a ton in shipping and/or import taxes. Has any US member ordered from Machine Gun Figures and can share the additional costs? Alternatively, if they know of a US retailer that’s stocking the head that I might have missed, I might go that route.

Zes

Zes
I have ordered from machinegunfigures recently. I ordered an E&S outfit set and a body, and shipping was 22 euros to the United States. There were no import taxes.

The shipping was a nightmare as well. It took over a month just to get a tracking number. I had to go in-person to a post office to pick up the box as it was bouncing around between different post offices instead of being delivered to me.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Cant say about ordering from the US, so I cant say if the issues Zes had is on them or just a problem with the US Postal Service. I never had any issues ordering from there, sometimes it can take a bit longer but I never had anything go missing.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Zes wrote:I have ordered from machinegunfigures recently. I ordered an E&S outfit set and a body, and shipping was 22 euros to the United States. There were no import taxes.

The shipping was a nightmare as well. It took over a month just to get a tracking number. I had to go in-person to a post office to pick up the box as it was bouncing around between different post offices instead of being delivered to me.

ZeroDelta wrote:Cant say about ordering from the US, so I cant say if the issues Zes had is on them or just a problem with the US Postal Service. I never had any issues ordering from there, sometimes it can take a bit longer but I never had anything go missing.

I’m in the US and have placed a couple orders from them. It honestly just comes down to if the USPS can do their jobs or not. Which is unfortunate. MachineGun is a smaller shop with a ton of inventory, so it can take a bit, plus European shipping companies (DHL excluded) are a nightmare for tracking in my experience.

If it helps, I order diorama supplies from Diorama Presepe (which ships from Italy) and the USPS has thoroughly screwed those orders up. I have had only 1 order not be hung up at a distributor center for days with zero updates after being accepted by customs on the US side. I just file my missing package report, and it instantly moves in the system and I have it within 2 days. I called to complain and they told me it “was just a coincidence.” Really?? So multiple orders spread out over 3 years, all with the same issue and resolution, is “coincidence”? Riiiight, and I have the financial stability to just fly to Italy and pick it up myself.

Crafts, you’ll be fine with ordering from them. It’ll take a hot minute, but it’ll arrive safely and no import costs. What you pay is the cost of product in USD, and shipping which isn’t cheap unfortunately. I think it covers the weird EU VAT stuff I can only guess at understanding.

They also get new stuff last. Like, dead last. They didn’t get the Yuki HS in until she’d been up on Giantoy and sold out for 5-7 months. Not knock offs either. They’re just last on the list for some reason. Handy if you missed something though!

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Yes, they stock stuff later than other Shops, but when they say they get something, they will get it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have had only positive experiences with ordering from MachineGun. No problems as long as you are patient. Shipping can take quite a while, and it is not just USPS' fault -- if I recall correctly, something I ordered spent quite a while en route in Belgium.

Perhaps it is the late arrival of the product to MachineGun that makes it possible to find things there that are already sold out elsewhere -- making this a blessing in disguise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum