OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Installing headsets to helmets, how does it work?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
That is something I have been wondering about. A lot of figures come with Headsets like this one: https://www.machinegun-figures.com/prc-152-mbitr-radio-with-comtac-3-dual-channel-headset-and-u94-gen3-ptt-olive-drab-p-52700

How are these put onto the helmets like the Fast High Cut or A-Frame Ballistic and similar helmets? Are they simply pushed onto the side rails or how what?

Would be nice if someone could tell me.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
okay, I suppose that question was stupid and I should never have asked it in the first place.....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I, for one, have no idea. But maybe no one has noticed your question just yet.

teamweapon

i dont have any of these modern full sets, so have no idea?
i love the look of these sets but they just look so fiddly and hard to put together with my big fat fingers.
your question has conformed this for me.
some sets look like a really difficult game of buckaroo to me, trying to get as much kit as possible onto the figure without them toppling over haha

Zes

Zes
I also have no idea. While I do have one military-style figure with a headset, it simply drapes over the head.

Spoiler:

teamweapon wrote:i love the look of these sets but they just look so fiddly and hard to put together with my big fat fingers.
your question has conformed this for me.
some sets look like a really difficult game of buckaroo to me, trying to get as much kit as possible onto the figure without them toppling over haha

Yeah, you're not kidding, lol. Putting one of these E&S military kits together was a nightmare. Never again Mad

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Well, what I have been doing, is to also use regular headsets and put the helmets over it, using Easy & Simple helmets with the rubber fabric chin straps, but I would really like to mount the radios on the helmets for at least some of my figures.

Looking at how its done in real life, they are simply pushed onto the rail, but I am afraid I break something. There is also another way to do it, with a rail connector that is put onto the helmet rail system, those also exist in 1:6 and I may get some of those.

madnug

madnug
ZeroDelta wrote:That is something I have been wondering about. A lot of figures come with Headsets like this one: https://www.machinegun-figures.com/prc-152-mbitr-radio-with-comtac-3-dual-channel-headset-and-u94-gen3-ptt-olive-drab-p-52700

How are these put onto the helmets like the Fast High Cut or A-Frame Ballistic and similar helmets? Are they simply pushed onto the side rails or how what?

Would be nice if someone could tell me.

parted head sets is meant to fit the actual head gear the figure comes with.. usually a fast helmet.

some will have straps, wire, rubber meshes, pegs, rails to attach it properly..

you need to do some research from where the headsets are originated from what figure it was parted, missing other parts would be too difficult to attach on head properly.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Well, from my understanding, the headset clamps are universal ones that should fit on the rail, they are simply pushed onto them, but I have yet not managed to do that. I had that issue when I got the DAM Toys UDS Navy SEAL in forest Mulitcam: there was nothing "extra" that would indicate that it would have been put onto the helmet, its a universal helmet rail mount and that was all there is. Because I could not figure that out and there seem to be no videos of the process of attaching them to the helmet, I switched out the headset with a regular one and gave him an Easy & Simple helmet and thats what I have been doing ever since, but its getting kind of silly on the long run when all the modern helmets I have do have rail mounts.

madnug

madnug
The coms unit u r referring is a slide on rail on fast helmet..for the wire pieces..

Search YouTube for black ops toys..
look for French commando / commandment Des Operations.

And look for ghost modern warfare 2 British SAS building.. there should be videos showing helmet build..

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Okay, checked the BlackOps Video on the Bravo 0-7 Kill Or Capture figure build, and all he does, is to slide the headset comms onto the helmet rail, very similar on how you do it with optics for weapons that use Rail mount. Seems simple enough, if a bit finicky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum