OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™ Anakin Skywalker

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1314

Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™ Anakin Skywalker

The 1/6th scale Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars) Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Anakin Skywalker wearing Clone Wars outfit in Star Wars: Ahsoka
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with face scar and separate rolling eyeballs
- Screen-accurate facial expression, and detailed skin texture
- Newly sculpted medium length curly hair sculpture
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of Lightsaber holding hands
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) gesture left hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) grey colored chest guard
- One (1) pair of grey colored shoulder guards
- One (1) navy colored Jedi tunic
- One (1) burgundy colored under-tunic
- One (1) pair of burgundy-colored pants
- One (1) dark brown-colored leather-like belt
- One (1) pair of dark brown-colored leather-like textured boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted Lightsaber™ with blade (blue light, USB power operated)
- One (1) Lightsaber™ blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) Lightsaber hilt

Accessories:
- Two (2) Lightsaber deflecting effects (attachable to lightsaber blade)
- One (1) Ahsoka Tano™ hologram
- One (1) Obi-Wan Kenobi™ hologram
- One (1) Captain Rex™ hologram
- One (1) holocaster
- Specially designed figure stand and with character nameplate and Star Wars logo

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5277

PO cut off 28th April
Available Q1-Q2 2025

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1315

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1316

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1317

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1318

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1320

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1319

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1323

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1322

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1321

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1325

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1326

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1324

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1327

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1328

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1329

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1331

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1410

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1411

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Img_1412

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, now that I've got him posted, here are my thoughts:

Putting aside my intense dislike of Disney Star Wars for one moment, there is a lot that I appreciate about this one. The draw for me is that finally, FINALLY....someone has made a non-angry Anakin headsculpt! Seeing as he is my favourite character, it bothers me greatlly that only his angry/darker side gets focused on in the collecting world. There's far more to the character than that, and particularly when it comes to the Clone Wars-version of him. I personally have always wanted to do more light-hearted photoshoots with my figures, so this new version is extremely welcome and long-overdue from my perspective.

That being said, I do wish they could have made him look just a *tad* younger. I know it's based on the on-screen 'de-aged' version, and there's only so much they can de-age someone. While I didn't watch the show, the clips from the flashback scenes did look good, considering. So it captures the on-screen look just fine, but my personal preference would have been to give him a 'happy version' of the Artisan Anakin headsculpt (and/or the upcoming AotC Anakin sculpt). All the same, I'm not going to pass up on a Hayden Anakin sculpt, even if it's not 100% how I would have done it myself.

One of the best things about the sculpt is the hair. Why oh why couldn't they have just made his hair like this in the version they put out a few years ago??? The hair on that one has always been atrocious and is why I went with real rooted hair on my own custom version. This hair sculpt not only got the style right, but it also looks detailed enough that I'd be tempted to just keep it as it is and not even re-root it, which is saying something!

Another improvement is the costume. One of the things I noticed immediately about the flashback scenes was that his on-screen tunic looked way better than the previous Hot Toys interpretation of it, particularly in terms of the sort of velvety texture of the fabric. I even wondered what it would look like as a 1/6 figure. I still think the outer blue tunic could be a bit better on this one too, but it looks less likely to crease and get weirdly wrinkly like the previous version. The design on this Disney version of the tunic is off from the animated style though, which is frustrating to me. Again, why can't we combine best of both worlds?

This might sound odd, but sometimes the Hot Toys committment to 'screen accuracy' is actually a hinderance to my enjoyment of their figures. That's where customisation comes in, but they do seem to make their figures more and more difficult to use as 'bash material these days. I suspect I will have to make my own blue tunic from scratch in order to finally have the perfect version I envision.

One thing I'm curious about is the body on this one. Will it be limited in articulation by the annoying padding like the previous one??? From the pics, it looks a little slimmer, which is actually more screen-accurate to the animated series, as well. So, we'll see...

Re: the accesssories - I LOVE the lightsaber-deflecting-blaster-fire effect! I'd been trying to figure out how to do that effect myself, so this is a really nice little detail. I wish the set would come with that holocaster table in the image, but I have the one from the RotS Obi-Wan set which I've been planning to use for a Clone Wars dio someday.  I have to admit I totally forgot about this particular Rex figure and I'm kind of kicking myself for not PO'ing him as it would be nice to have a Phase I Rex to balance my collection a bit.

Regardless of my feelings on the source material and my complaints and moans here and there, I've already PO'd this figure -- it was literally the most instant PO I've ever made in my collecting life. Laughing  Mainly because this 'General Skywalker' is one my all-time favourite Anakin designs, and I can never have too many of my faves. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
…another Anakin, oh no!
1-2 month ago I‘ve ordered the TCW Ani and now they launch a new version!? I hate HT!!!

Yes, you‘re right sky, it seems looking better then the previous version, but why so many versions!?
Why not just put 1 year more into the draft and then release ONE really accurate version?

I really have to think about whether I should pre-order this figure or not... the next one will definitely come in 2026...lol

Of my clone brothers, I prefer Phase 2 and also Phase 2 Rex. I still have to get the old HT version of this Rex.

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  Banner_andreas_haak11

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Darth Hogge, your annoyance at HT is perfectly justified. I felt similarly about the Artisan Anakin that they announced last year — if they can produce that calibre of sculpt, why didn’t they do so from the start? Instead, I spent years re-hairing and customising my HT Anakin figures to make them look more realistic, only for them to eventually put out a new one that seemed like it rendered all my previous efforts unnecessary. It’s disheartening, if I must admit, and takes the wind out of my sails somewhat with each release. :/

I also resent purchasing figures based on Disney SW media, but my inner Hayden fangirl won out over my Disney-boycotting principles on this one. Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you so much for posting, Sky, and for providing such detailed and expert analysis. I agree to the extent I understand it (since I'm much less immersed in these aspects of the franchise). The hair is excellent, and in the very first, smaller image, I asked myself if it were "real." I also like that they finally went for a non-angry expression, although I wonder if this one is entirely spot on -- I haven't seen the source footage and I think it partly depends on the positioning of the movable eyes.
Anyway, a most impressive set!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I think another user here thought the hair was real based on a teaser pic. And I don’t blame them, it is quite convincing at first glance.

GF - I didn’t watch the series myself, but I saw the clips from the flashbacks. I think the look they are going for is based on these scenes:

https://www.tumblr.com/the-far-bright-center/730325981529817088/his-little-curls-that-smirk-the-clone-wars

https://www.tumblr.com/the-far-bright-center/728815773465886720

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for posting this, I already wanted to link you on fb but my time was limited last few days.

I also liked to read your analysis. This face got a mixed rating on social media but I very much like it. And the hair is a big upgrade indeed.

Very cool figure imo

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde - you’re welcome! Smile

I suspect the mixed rating is from those who prefer ‘angry Anakin’ face. While imo this face may not be 100% perfect, I am simply glad it’s something different than the usual ‘Kubrick stare’ that we normally get with Anakin figures.

Zes

Zes
This headsculpt just exudes personality; I like it a lot!

I'm curious to see what you'll do with this figure skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the image references, Sky. I can see what they were going for.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’m glad for you, S. I agree that the de-aging has a weird effect on the sculpt. It’s unfortunate they didn’t just use references from the earlier films, plus the updated hair, to make a more “accurate” looking sculpt to HC at the time; but I understand the logic as it’s an Ahsoka version, and not an Attack of the Clones version. Still, I’m not entirely convinced that I see Hayden in the sculpt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Hot Toys TMS129 1/6 Scale Star Wars: Ahsoka™  Anakin Skywalker  1f10

Zes

Zes
I think this is the best Hayden sculpt Hot Toys have done. He looks exactly as he appeared in Ahsoka.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Zes - I agree, it evokes the scenes he appeared in very well. It may not look like what people expect because of a) he is older and looks different than in the Prequels films, and there's only so much that the de-ageing can change about that without looking completely uncanny valley, and b) he played this version of Anakin very much in the style of TCW animated version, with similar facial expressions. More joking and sardonic than the brooding version most are familiar with. It's not gonna look exactly like Prequels Anakin for those reasons alone. But it's still Hayden, and certain aspects appear to be a bit of an upgrade on the previous HT Clone Wars Ani, hence why it's a must-have for me. Smile

As for my plans for the figure, I'm still figuring that out, lol! A lot will depend on how many of my in-progress Ahsoka figures (as in, multiple custom versions of the character herself) I can finallly complete by the time it's released.

Diana

Diana
Oooh, what a nice figure! I'm happy for you, Sky, and everyone getting it! Very Happy 

Sadly I find that particular expression annoying when I look at it too long, though I welcome the non-angry option, too. Just wish it was a little less Smirky. ^^

But I didn't watch much of the Clone Wars so I'm not connecting with that aspect of him. It also doesn't look much like HC to me. I actually wondered, whether there was a new actor for the character in some new release I missed. Which would be unlikely, but right now I'm very out of touch. ^^

I did love those scenes in the series and any scene when she thought of him. The connection between the characters could be felt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum