OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I Stiffen the Ankles ??

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Empty Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Sun 21 Apr 2024 - 17:00

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Might be an odd question, but is there a way to stiffen the ankles on TBL bodies.  I’m using the High Heel feet with modified high heel boots by adding magnets to make figure free standing on metal plate.

Problem is the ankles are pretty loose and she tends to want to fall forward sometimes.

A few ideas I had so far are : 

1. coat the metal ankle ball with superglue and let it dry , might have more friction in joint.

2.  Use plastic straw to make an ankle cuff inside the boot to stiffen.

2Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Empty Re: Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Sun 21 Apr 2024 - 18:01

Visisonor

Visisonor
Another option would be to cut a piece of thin (0.5 - 1 mm) rubber or silicone sheet:
Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? 41QqM+TdYWL._AC_SX679_
and wrap the ankle ball with it.

3Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Empty Re: Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Sun 21 Apr 2024 - 18:52

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stuffing with something, including cloth-elastic bands, helps tighten the hold. Just don't use anything that would be too bouncy, because then the figure would be hard to balance.

4Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Empty Re: Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Sun 21 Apr 2024 - 19:51

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
After reading responses, I scrounged around and this was the best solution I had on hand. One strip was enough for one ankle the other took two strips.
I don’t expect this to last forever, but it’ll do while I get this thing together. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Img_5610
Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Img_5611

5Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Empty Re: Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Mon 22 Apr 2024 - 2:45

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Don't let the glue touch the TPE skin.

6Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Empty Re: Can I Stiffen the Ankles ?? Mon 22 Apr 2024 - 4:31

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
GubernatorFan wrote:Don't let the glue touch the TPE skin.

Oh I’m sure that would be a disaster

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum