OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modifying boots into split cut boots

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Modifying boots into split cut boots Empty Modifying boots into split cut boots Wed May 08, 2024 1:12 pm

Combozilla

Combozilla
I've got boots that are 1 piece which are a pain to pose a figure with as it limites their dynamic poses.

I'm looking for advice or tutorials on how to cut or if someone has attempted this and found that it does not work.

Here are images of the 1 piece boots for the vts hunter and then the split cut boots for the damtoys Exio for comparison

Modifying boots into split cut boots Screen11
Modifying boots into split cut boots Screen10

2Modifying boots into split cut boots Empty Re: Modifying boots into split cut boots Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 pm

Tasuke

Tasuke

I Had to do this for one of my Anime Dolls' Boots. i simply slid an X-ACTO down the rear centerline to make a separation for easy fit;

Modifying boots into split cut boots Mikuru_Asahina_1-14-24_RESIZE_40

3Modifying boots into split cut boots Empty Re: Modifying boots into split cut boots Wed May 08, 2024 5:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm assuming you want to divide the boots at the ankle so that you can have ankle articulation. I can't remember where, but I did cut one-piece boots into two-piece boots once or twice, a long time ago. Basically, identify the line where you would cut without making it too obvious (it has to be both sensible for what you need and reasonably concealable), heat them up to soften the plastic with a hair dryer (or hot water), and carefully cut with a sharp X-acto knife (or similar). Depending on what you are cutting around, you might have to keep deeper and at an angle under certain elements (like armor plates or whatever). In the end you should end up with each boot as two pieces: the top one essentially acting like a greave through which you slide the lower leg, the bottom one encasing the foot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum