OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Figures 'YOU' are contemplating purchasing ..but can not get down off the fence and dish out the credit card.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ukshaun

ukshaun
Post'em here..
1/6 Figures 'YOU' are contemplating purchasing ..but can not get down off the fence and dish out the credit card.

Rules..
The idea is to build a list, to both help you remember, and possibly enlighten/inspire other collectors.
Should you pull the trigger on a figure, update/delete your list accordingly.

1/6 Figures 'YOU' are contemplating purchasing ..but can not get down off the fence and dish out the credit card. Cat-On-Fence

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

ukshaun

ukshaun
My current 1/6 scale figure 'wants' list currently looks like:

? - C-3PO (i want to add a C-3PO to my collection, but which one by what company?)
ArtFigures - Edward Scissorhands AF-029
Hot Toys - Pirates of the Caribbean - Jack Sparrow DX15
Hot Toys - Alien - Ripley (still search for a good/normal price for one of these figures)
Hot Toys - STAR WARS: Ahsoka - Ahsoka Tano (Padawan) TMS123
Hot Toys - STAR WARS: Ahsoka - Baylan Skoll TMS125
Hot Toys - STAR WARS: Ahsoka - Shin Hati TMS124
Flashpoint - Princess Atlantis Mera FP-22170A (red hair)
Flashpoint - Princess Atlantis Mera FP-22170B (blond hair)
Master Team - Ada Wang MTTOYS018
MTTOYS - Tomb Raider - Snow Version Lara Croft MT010
Playtoy - Fighting Goddess 2.0 P023A (black)
Playtoy - Fighting Goddess 2.0 P023B (blue)
Sideshow Collectibles - Beetlejuice
Sideshow Collectibles - Pennywise (Tim Curry)
Star Man - Dark Avenger MS-005
SWTOYS - Resident Evil Revelations - Jessica Sherawat FS054
ThreeZero - Ghost in the Shell Major 320057
ThreeZero - Game of Thrones Sandor The Hound Clegane (Season 7)
Worldbox - Technical Geek Downtown Union AT035
Worldbox - Yanki Shojo AT045
Yan Toys - Miss Sadako / Miss Ghost JR08

I could add more. A collector has to draw the line somewhere.

Last edited on: 7th June 2024

Diana

Diana
That's a nice list! I won't be contributing my own, since I tend to only ever be on the fence for a couple of days. Then I either pull the trigger or I let it go. ^^

ukshaun

ukshaun
Diana wrote:That's a nice list! I won't be contributing my own, since I tend to only ever be on the fence for a couple of days. Then I either pull the trigger or I let it go. ^^

If i did that i would be broke! ;D
Today i did pull the trigger on of the figures on the list, as the price was right. By right, i mean, not low but not crazy high, as some sellers expect.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Hot Toys Black Widow - White Widow.

That's it. (I did however, just purchase another figure I was on the fence about: Hot Toys' Wanda/Vision - Scarlet Witch (so, it was actually a toss up on either of these figures, but settled on this one as I believe it has the best Elizabeth Olsen sculpt; plan to give her real hair and possibly change out the outfit some, and the body).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Figures 'YOU' are contemplating purchasing ..but can not get down off the fence and dish out the credit card. 1f10

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:Hot Toys Black Widow - White Widow.

That's it. (I did however, just purchase another figure I was on the fence about: Hot Toys' Wanda/Vision - Scarlet Witch (so, it was actually a toss up on either of these figures, but settled on this one as I believe it has the best Elizabeth Olsen sculpt; plan to give her real hair and possibly change out the outfit some, and the body).

You managed to obtain the Artisan Scarlet Witch?

Oops! i misread your post.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have been contemplating the Hot Toys Kit Fisto, but my PO list is already too long. I think I'll just stick to my original plan to create a custom Kit Fisto sometime down the line.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Just tossing out stuff that was in my cart for some time but I never managed to buy or preorder (most of it is still available)

Toys Era - The Last Father
ThreeZero - Demogorgon
ThreeZero - T60 Power Armor
AUG TOYS - Duke Leto Atreides
PRESENT TOYS - Future Warrior (Terminator) DX
Blitzway - White Ghost
Hot Toys - Lord Starkiller

Probably forgot some stuff

ukshaun

ukshaun
skywalkersaga wrote:I have been contemplating the Hot Toys Kit Fisto, but my PO list is already too long. I think I'll just stick to my original plan to create a custom Kit Fisto sometime down the line.

As a character design, i am not a fan of Kit Fisto.
I guess if you are the type to collect'em all, then Kit Fisto has to be added to the basket.
When it comes to Star Wars and 1/6th scale, i collect what i like most, and never repeat a character. One Luke is enough for me, as is one Darth Vader. Your post just reminded me, i should add a C-3PO to my list.

Valiarde wrote:Just tossing out stuff that was in my cart for some time but I never managed to buy or preorder (most of it is still available)

ThreeZero - Demogorgon
Blitzway - White Ghost

I just Google'd every figure on the list.
Blitzway - White Ghost is the one figure that grabbed my attention the most. Very cool figure!

cdn_rhino

More of a must wait until renovations are complete than a contemplation. Renos sure do eat up a lot of funds.

Hot Toys Yelena

Verycool SCF Mobile Task Force Alpha-9 female soldier

Easy & Simple 26062S and SS Versions
Easy & SImple 26053A, B, C figures

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
The only figures that I’m contemplating are the following:

• Present Toys Ghost Hunting Squad - St
• Present Toys Ghost Hunting Squad - Sp
• Present Toys Ghost Hunting Squad - Z
• Present Toys Ghost Hunting Squad - V

Unfortunately, before I make my decision I’m going to have to wait until I see in-hand photos of the production figures. There’s just too much going on (or rather off) with the sculpts to commit just yet. To put it politely, they need a ton of work!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Valiarde wrote:Just tossing out stuff that was in my cart for some time but I never managed to buy or preorder (most of it is still available)

ThreeZero - Demogorgon
Blitzway - White Ghost

I just ordered Atreides and bought some parted out stuff from White Ghost.  1/6 Figures 'YOU' are contemplating purchasing ..but can not get down off the fence and dish out the credit card. 1f605

DarthJ

The LDdoll basic figures. There is a whole series of those in a variety of sizes and skin colours but at an average price of 200 to 300 € (or $) "sans tête" purchasing those would feel as jumping the fence and find a Stalinrasen on the other side.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum