OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible scale cars

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Possible scale cars Empty Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:55 am

Delanie

Delanie
A few years ago I collected the millennium falcon from this company I did get all the parts but havn't got around to building it my flat is too small and i got fed up of all the add on parts to make it 'acurate' it is a good kit just too many parts for the space and money I have.

Aside from this I still get bulletins / ads / junk mail from them and i scan the pages once in a while to see what they are doing.

So the reason for this post : I know that some of the car kits are not exactly to scale 1/8 but I did notice a race car at 1/7 scale which if nothing else might make a background prop for a large diorama. Try the link and see what you guys think.

https://www.model-space.com/gb/model-cars/page

Ps I was nearly sucked into the Thunderbird 2 model a few weeks ago but I've just not got the time or space.

2Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:21 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'm liking the look of that Shelby Mustang

3Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:43 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wait. I don’t get how that works. So you can’t just buy the complete kit? You have to get a 12-month subscription at 80 pounds each. Maybe I’m reading that wrong...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Possible scale cars C8485110

4Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:42 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So close! For that price, I'd want them to be more than background accessories in photos, but something you could fit a figure in and really interact with. And it looks like all the 1/7 ones are like that Formula 1 type, where the 1/8 civilian cars might have a lot more use, but are probably too small. Still really wish there were more 1/6 car options.

Stryker2011 wrote:Wait. I don’t get how that works. So you can’t just buy the complete kit? You have to get a 12-month subscription at 80 pounds each. Maybe I’m reading that wrong...

I think you can buy outright or pay in installments.

http://reverendspooky.com

5Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:14 pm

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice finds, Delanie! Ouch that's one pricey dio prop!
1/6 RC racecars are way cheaper, yeah not as detailed as those kits but as long as they're 1/6.

Dug up this 2010 pic from my photobucket...
Possible scale cars IMG_1762_resize

6Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollo, that looks pretty good. Let's also not forget the various Barbie cars (I only have the two Mini Coopers). Here are a couple of photos from various posts on this forum. There is also the more detailed and complete coverage in The Accident thread on the old forum. They can be used as is (thought slightly undersized) but do benefit from some sprucing up, as in my photos.

Possible scale cars Fun0210

Possible scale cars Hl4-0410

Possible scale cars Hl2-0211

7Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:25 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
There is an RC Mini Cooper on Alibaba that is very reasonably priced. The model is 65cm long while the full-sizes ones are just under 4 metres so they seem pretty close to 1:6 scale.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/RC-Car_293891635.html

Only downside is that you have to buy more than one. Often the stuff on alibaba can also be purchased on aliexpress in smaller quantities but I can't find this.

8Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:34 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I looked at a few of those RC Cars like the Hummer & the Mustang they look really good and great detailing but too small and very expensive.

For price of just one of those RC Vehicles I would rather buy a fleet of New Bright 1/6 RC Vehicles, granted they have less detailing but more
affordable.

Possible scale cars 2v2uQJBBqxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Possible scale cars 2v2JwR2ezxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Possible scale cars 2v2JMdHWCxAChVkHosted on Fotki

9Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
They look closer to 1:8 rather than 1:6

10Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:13 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
shazzdan wrote:They look closer to 1:8 rather than 1:6

Well they have 1/6 stamped on the frames.

11Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:52 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
A full-sized Hummer H2 is a little over 5 meters long. A one-sixth model would need to be at least 83 cm long. The one you have in that photo is smaller than that. At 1:8 scale it would be around 63 cm long which seems pretty close to the one in your photo (assuming the figures are 11-12 inches).

12Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:28 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Rastar did some 1/6 RC cars. There was a nice BMW that I nearly bought. It was in a clearance store with a damaged box and the price kept going down and down. As always, when I decided I was going to bite the bullet, I found someone else had beaten me to it! That was to scale as well.

CHEERS!

13Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:36 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
Possible scale cars 2v2JwR2ezxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Nice wheels, Bad Wolf! Dammit now you have me wanting a yellow Humvee and paint "3" on it for VTS Tallahassee!

14Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:46 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Rogerbee wrote:Rastar did some 1/6 RC cars. There was a nice BMW that I nearly bought. It was in a clearance store with a damaged box and the price kept going down and down. As always, when I decided I was going to bite the bullet, I found someone else had beaten me to it! That was to scale as well.

CHEERS!

First time to hear of Rastar... thanks, Roger!
Whoa! They do have a 1/6 yellow Humvee!

15Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Someone also did a Lincoln Navigator that was to scale, that thing was enormous! Shame TRU are gone as they had a few from time to time.

CHEERS!

16Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:10 pm

dadrab

dadrab
New Bright did a number of vehicles in 1:6, or pretty close to it.

The one I missed, that I've been kicking myself in the ass continually about was a Mercedes Benz G55.

Possible scale cars 94882ebd4533ffd6aeda09871820b5c3

I even saw one in a store and walked past it thinking, "I can always come back..."

DUMBASS.

In any case, they've done numerous trucks in the past. Sadly, Wally World or Target are about their only retail outlets left.

17Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, I regretted the Beemer, the Lincoln and that Merc. They were way less than any HT would be.

CHEERS!

18Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:42 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
rollotomasi wrote:

Nice wheels, Bad Wolf! Dammit now you have me wanting a yellow Humvee and paint "3" on it for VTS Tallahassee!

Thank you, a few yellow Humvee show up on eBay occasionally, I'm still kicking myself for not bidding higher on a red Hummer.

19Possible scale cars Empty Re: Possible scale cars Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:32 pm

blackpool

blackpool
nice finds!

I agree the price for the formula 1 is a bit high to get something that is not the exact right scale, but if you still plan to use it as a background prop it should work perfectly.

I only remember one legendary car made in 1/6 it was a superb lincoln all crafted in metal by "fullmetal" metalJon, that was a real masterpiece...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum