OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Building an RC sixth scale Jeep

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

512 - Building an RC sixth scale Jeep - Page 3 Empty Re: Building an RC sixth scale Jeep Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:02 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Excellent wrap-up and videos. Lucky for us, you don't have plastic for brain, just plastic on the brain. And you do great work with. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

522 - Building an RC sixth scale Jeep - Page 3 Empty Re: Building an RC sixth scale Jeep Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:52 pm

ReverendSpooky

Damn man, that really came together beautifully. The spare tire rack is slick as hell, and I love the pepper tail lights. They look perfect. And so cool that the driver's head is it's own control. That is such a fun feature. And the butcher block tool box is such a great detail. Seriously impressive man!

http://reverendspooky.com

532 - Building an RC sixth scale Jeep - Page 3 Empty Re: Building an RC sixth scale Jeep Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Excellent work, Dadrab. I’m with the Rev, nice tire rack, and the pepper lights was inspired. Love the part in the first video with the slow-motion where you can see the “driver” turn his head, and then the close-up home shots where you can see the steering wheel move. Awesome engineering.

542 - Building an RC sixth scale Jeep - Page 3 Empty Re: Building an RC sixth scale Jeep Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:25 pm

BAD WOLF-787

Your jeep turned out amazing, great job!

552 - Building an RC sixth scale Jeep - Page 3 Empty Re: Building an RC sixth scale Jeep Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:21 am

dadrab

dadrab
peter the painter wrote:Great series of posts dadrab, very entertaining, I've enjoyed each part of the ride.

It's been great having you along, Peter. Many thanks for the continuous encouragement. It was (and still is) a lot of fun. I've almost finished building a second one. One of these days, I'll toss an encapsulation of that build up here. Lots and lots of photos.

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent wrap-up and videos. Lucky for us, you don't have plastic for brain, just plastic on the brain. And you do great work with. Smile

Thank you very much, GF. This kind of stuff makes sense to me. And, yep, I reckon I do suffer from plastic on the brain sometimes. One of the reasons I don't do many projects is because I get totally absorbed in it until it's finished. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I have to be very careful not to let other things slide. Slippery slope, you know.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn man, that really came together beautifully.  The spare tire rack is slick as hell, and I love the pepper tail lights.  They look perfect.  And so cool that the driver's head is it's own control.  That is such a fun feature.  And the butcher block tool box is such a great detail.  Seriously impressive man!

You're too kind, Rev. Thank you, sir.

I'm sure you know the feeling when an idea pops into your head and it just works so well you have to act on it. Many times it's very simple things, like the rack hinge. I'd been beating myself up for days trying to figure it out and had walked away. When I went back and took a look again, the answer was just there and I figure the rest of the Jeep will fall apart around that hinge. It's stout. Glad you liked the light lens, too.

Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent work, Dadrab. I’m with the Rev, nice tire rack, and the pepper lights was inspired. Love the part in the first video with the slow-motion where you can see the “driver” turn his head, and then the close-up home shots where you can see the steering wheel move. Awesome engineering.

Many thanks for sticking with this one, Stryker. In real time, it took me well over a year to build...little here and a little there. Special thanks for the comments on the pepper tip lights. That one turned out one of my favorite parts of the whole thing. Reminds me of the lenses for a '59 Cadillac.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Your jeep turned out amazing, great job!

I really appreciate it, Mr. Wolf. You followed along the whole way and that means a lot.

562 - Building an RC sixth scale Jeep - Page 3 Empty Re: Building an RC sixth scale Jeep Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:43 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Absolute Fantastic ! The films are so Great ! Jumping Jeep in slow motion Laughing The turnable Head is the cream Topping. And i looove the fact of arms movement together with the steering wheel I love you I love you I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum