OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

connseanery

MR.TOYS MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving clothing accessories set

List of accessories in the kit:

l  1 : Simulation of hair transplanting male head carving

l  2: Shoulderguards

l  3: Breastplate

l  4: wrist armor

l  5 : Sword

l  6 : scabbard

l  7 : belt

l  8: Skirt

l  9 : Panties

l  10: Shield

l  11 : Cloak

l  12: Boots

l  13: Legs

Note: does not contain the body

Recommended with TBLeague PL2018-M35 body

NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0122
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0124
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0123
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0127
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0126
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0125
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0129
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0130
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0128
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0131
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0132
NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set O1cn0133

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well... mystery solved. It is He-Man, not Beastmaster. I think I was half-complaining about a cartoonish He-Man figure a few days ago and wishing for exactly this. Looks pretty good, especially the head sculpt.

connseanery

I think this figure would look pretty good too if you took parts of the Conan figure (like the furry boots, shorts) and gave him more of his Filmation attire.

Delanie

Delanie
much better than the over muscled one of the earlier post

delusional

delusional
How does it go? By the power of Grey Skull! Best looking He-Man I've seen.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not bad. Never been a He-Man fan, however, but I do like the more realistic approach.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set C8485110

agentghost

agentghost
which actor is this supposed to be? Cool HS btw

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
agentghost wrote:which actor is this supposed to be?  Cool HS btw

A young Dolph Lundgren. By the way, I just received my Mr Toys Conan set (MT2018-02 A, without the body), and judging by that, this should be good quality.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad to hear the Conan version is decent quality. I had considered this one too but all I'd want is the headsculpt, really...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Glad to hear the Conan version is decent quality. I had considered this one too but all I'd want is the headsculpt, really...

Review coming up... hopefully in minutes. Smile

Nekk-ra

Just received arrival notice for this one from Monkey Depot. Seen some photos and reviews that make it seem he came out well, but in-hand is always the final arbiter.

shazzdan

shazzdan
The original Masters of the Universe figures came with a mini comic. The setting in those comics was pretty cool. Kinda like a post-apocalyptic Conan. Then the cartoon series came out on TV and messed everything up. It was like introducing Ewoks to Star Wars or the Wonder Twins to the Justice League.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nekk-ra, here is the head on a random TBLeague body. I think it looks good, although the synthetic hair is a challenge.

NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set Heman010

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The head seems nice, though maybe not much of a likeness of Dolph Ludgren. Agree that the hair is... frustrating. ;p

I'm interested in this headsculpt for customization purposes, but not really sure if it is available loose...

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I should be receiving mine soon. Because I was counting on this kit, I didn’t get the Mondo He-Man when I got the Mondo Skeletor. Since Skeletor is a more surreal character and He-Man is human, I think this more “realistic” He-Man will work well in combination/contrast with the more stylized Skeletor from Mondo.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:The head seems nice, though maybe not much of a likeness of Dolph Ludgren. Agree that the hair is... frustrating. ;p I'm interested in this headsculpt for customization purposes, but not really sure if it is available loose...

I got it loose -- keep an eye out for it parted out or search eBay, although they are bound to hike up the prices there. I agree that while their first barbarian was clearly Arnold as Conan, this one is a bit farther off mark -- if based on the live-action film, He-Man should be Dolph Lundgren. There are some Dolph-like features here, for sure, but both the hair style and the shape of the head are a off (the head should be vertically longer and the face a bit bonier?). In fact, the head is almost as reminiscent of Flash Gordon (Sam Jones) as it is of He-Man (Dolph Lundgren). But maybe they were going for a somewhat generic realistic rendition of the comic/cartoon character (perhaps they needed but couldn't afford or get the rights to the actor's features)?

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I should be receiving mine soon.  Because I was counting on this kit, I didn’t get the Mondo He-Man when I got the Mondo Skeletor.  Since Skeletor is a more surreal character and He-Man is human, I think this more “realistic” He-Man will work well in combination/contrast with the more stylized Skeletor from Mondo.

Makes good sense to me. I don't like to sound dismissive of things that just happen not to be my cup of tea, but I do like this much much better than Mondo's.

Nekk-ra

GubernatorFan wrote:Nekk-ra, here is the head on a random TBLeague body. I think it looks good, although the synthetic hair is a challenge.

NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys MT2018-03 1/6 He-Man head carving costume set Heman010

Face sculpt looks good, if not specific. Hair is a bit scary, but if mine comes like that I'll see what I can salvage.

csyeung

csyeung
The head sculpt turned out pretty nice!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:The head sculpt turned out pretty nice!

Yes, I agree. Also note how well it matches TBLeague's suntan.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree that while their first barbarian was clearly Arnold as Conan, this one is a bit farther off mark -- if based on the live-action film, He-Man should be Dolph Lundgren. There are some Dolph-like features here, for sure, but both the hair style and the shape of the head are a off (the head should be vertically longer and the face a bit bonier?). In fact, the head is almost as reminiscent of Flash Gordon (Sam Jones) as it is of He-Man (Dolph Lundgren). But maybe they were going for a somewhat generic realistic rendition of the comic/cartoon character (perhaps they needed but couldn't afford or get the rights to the actor's features)?

You're absolutely right, and notice also that (in contrast to their Conan) the gear and outfit are nothing like the Lundgren movie version and are instead, straight and exactly out of the original cartoon version.  Doing Conan and He-Man at roughly the same time seems to have triggered false expectations or comparisons.  There's probably no more Lundgren in this headsculpt than the reason Lundgren was cast in the first place, ie looking like you'd expect He-Man to look if he was flesh and blood.  OK, maybe there's a bit more reference than that.  But this is in no way a MOTU 1987 figure.  Probably more than anything it's taken from the Alex Ross art:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-Man#/media/File:He-Man_(Alex_Ross's_art).png Pretty sure it's not a "couldn't afford or get the rights" issue since I doubt they paid for Conan rights either (and if they had, they'd use the name).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The lack of likeness to Dolph is not a big deal for me personally (and maybe even a good thing), since I was thinking of using this for a totally different character anyway. But yes, it did take me aback for a minute in comparison to the Arnie Conan one. It's still quite a nice sculpt though, and it's actually good to have 'generic' male headsculpts since those seem to be somewhat difficult to come across.

I'll have a poke around on ebay for it... :'D

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
All good points, MBAM, I agree.

Esganado

He's beautiful!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: