OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Quantum Mechanix Master Series articulated figure line for Star Trek: The Original Series (TOS) adds another original bridge crew member with the Enterprise's engineering “miracle worker”, Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott.

More commonly known as “Scotty,” Lt. Commander Scott was the chief engineer for the starship Enterprise's five-year mission. This sixth scale figure re-creates this iconic character in exquisite detail. Standing approximately 12 inches tall, every element, from his 23rd-century tunic to his custom black boots, is authentically reproduced. The original portrait sculpt of James Doohan as Scotty has an authentic, hand-painted likeness.

This fine collectible figure is a perfect rendition of everyone’s favorite "miracle worker" and a great addition to your Star Trek™️ 1:6 scale figure collection.

License
Star Trek
Type
Sixth Scale Figure
Manufacturer
Quantum Mechanix
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott "Scotty" Sixth Scale Figure specially features:

Fully articulated body with more than 30 points of articulation allows the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses
Approximately 30 cm tall
Realistic portrait faithfully rendered by a top artist - this is a realistic portrait of Scotty with a detailed likeness
Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Starfleet duty uniform tunic which was meticulously researched, this duty uniform tunic matches the pattern, fabric, and color of the original costume down to the last stitch
The sleeves are trimmed with accurate and detailed braid insignia
Starfleet standard-issue black t-shirt regulation black tee is worn under the tunic
Starfleet duty uniform pants worn by the Enterprise crew in Star Trek: TOS features the characteristic bell-shaped leg. Magnets sewn into the pants allow the magnetic phaser and communicator to be worn as they were in the show
Using leather-like material cut in the original style of the footwear worn in Star Trek: TOS, these boots zip up on the inside
Starfleet Delta Insignia Display Base: A custom display base featuring the familiar Star Trek delta symbol will hold up the figure and allow more extreme poses
Scotty has everything a good Starfleet officer needs for an away mission:
Phasers Type I & Type II: The pistol-grip type II phaser is the weapon of choice for any landing party expecting hostile aliens. The smaller Type I phaser can be removed and used separately. Both have magnets allowing them to be worn directly on the pants as they were in the 3rd season
Accurately styled communicator features a real metal flip-up antenna (Includes a magnet so it can attach to the pants.)
Tricorder replica rotates open at the top and has an opening front door. Scotty can wear the tricorder over his shoulder with the leather-like strap.
A little-known fact is that the actor, James Doohan, served in the Canadian military during WWII and lost a finger off his right hand. Technically the character didn’t have a missing finger, and it was mostly hidden on the show. To honor the actor, we’ve included one hand that shows the loss of a digit.
Each figure comes with multiple hands for various Trek-like activities:
- Relaxed hands (with middle finger missing on the right hand)
- Fists
- Right Phaser Hand: Perfectly holds the pistol grip Phaser II
- Right Phaser Hand: for holding the small Phaser I
- Left Accessory Hand: Holds the communicator or tricorder
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
Expected to Ship
Dec 2018 - Feb 2019
Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

Product Size
12" H (304.8mm)*
Dimensional Weight
TBD
Int'l Dim. Weight
TBD
* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU
UPC

NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 191
NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 295
NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 395
NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 488
NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 588
NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 686
NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 784
NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 879
NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix 978

#newproduct #QMX #Scotty #StarTrek:TOS #male #Lt.Commander

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It probably looks about right, but I just don't remember him like this... which is not a surprise since I've never actually seen the original Star Trek, and what few clips I have glanced at focused on the big three.

Delanie

Delanie
yeah its not bad to my mind a reasonable likeness of 'scotty' the only thing that spoils it for me is the joint at the wrist showing.

interesting I didn't know about the missing finger that's what i like about this forum you learn things all the time.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Delanie wrote: interesting I didn't know about the missing finger that's what i like about this forum you learn things all the time.

Thanks for pointing it out. I completely missed the missing finger (and didn't know about it from the show). Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice one!

Hopefully this will give Mezco the kick up the butt needed for them to produce one!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. Every now and then if you watch the show closely, you can see the missing digit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
So that's why he never flipped Kirk the bird! I'm sure there's a tale behind it that James Doohan liked to tell. Reminds me of Dave Allen, though he never did reveal how he lost his.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
All I can remember is he was in some sort of fire-fight, and it was shot off (that had to hurt!) by enemy fire.

NEW PRODUCT: Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott “Scotty” Sixth Scale Figure by Quantum Mechanix C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Cool, didn't know that.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
For anyone looking to get this, it’s already sold out at QMX. Check your local retailers, he’s going fast.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, Michael Crawford reviewed him yesterday. He's a corker! Come on Mezco, you're next! Get on with it!!

CHEERS!

blackpool

blackpool
As Much as I prefer the original show to the recent movies by JJ Abrams, I gotta confess Simon Pegg's acting was so good and funny as the new "montgomery scotty" I was more expecting him.

Still a beautiful release, and just like most of you I really like the missing digit story and detail, that's a very respectful tribute to the actor, I appreciate that!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I'm hoping someone gets round to the new crew. I wouldn't mind a 1/6 Simon Pegg.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I know it might be wishful thinking, but Nanjin/QMX is planning to do as many figures as possible from ALL of the Treks (we'll see). He just posted a composite pic of figures that are in the prototype stage (Anton Yelchin/Chekov, Michelle Yeoh, Seven of Nine, variants of TOS Spock, Scotty, & Kirk; Dr. Crusher, two DS9, and what looks to be Simon Pegg in Red Shirt). Scotty is already shipping (mine goes out today), and he claims Sulu will follow in a couple weeks, followed shortly thereafter by Uhura. I really hope TOS Chekov doesn't get left behind, though I doubt he will; Nanjin has even said that Nurse Chapel will be done (again -- I'm not holding my breath; but that would be cool -- now if we could just get a Janice Rand, as well).

JohnByng

blackpool wrote:As Much as I prefer the original show to the recent movies by JJ  Abrams, I gotta confess Simon Pegg's acting was so good and funny as the new "montgomery scotty" I was more expecting him.

Still a beautiful release, and just like most of you I really like the missing digit story and detail, that's a very respectful tribute to the actor, I appreciate that!

Mr. Pegg's accent slips a few times! I also missed the part about the finger, thanks for pointing it out, Delanie!

I think the likeness is pretty good.

JohnByng

GubernatorFan wrote:It probably looks about right, but I just don't remember him like this... which is not a surprise since I've never actually seen the original Star Trek, and what few clips I have glanced at focused on the big three.

The original is by far the best! I quite like Voyager but TNG should be renamed "Social Workers in Space"! Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, I know it might be wishful thinking, but Nanjin/QMX is planning to do as many figures as possible from ALL of the Treks (we'll see). He just posted a composite pic of figures that are in the prototype stage (Anton Yelchin/Chekov, Michelle Yeoh, Seven of Nine, variants of TOS Spock, Scotty, & Kirk; Dr. Crusher, two DS9, and what looks to be Simon Pegg in Red Shirt). Scotty is already shipping (mine goes out today), and he claims Sulu will follow in a couple weeks, followed shortly thereafter by Uhura. I really hope TOS Chekov doesn't get left behind, though I doubt he will; Nanjin has even said that Nurse Chapel will be done (again -- I'm not holding my breath; but that would be cool -- now if we could just get a Janice Rand, as well).

Sounds promising...

CHEERS!

PS (As a Mod, do you sometimes find yourself accidentally editing a post you wanted to quote!?)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:PS (As a Mod, do you sometimes find yourself accidentally editing a post you wanted to quote!?)

Haha! Yes. It’s happened to me a few times. Luckily I just hit the back button until I find the original post, copy, repost, and then quote. The Edit button and Quote button are TOO close to each other.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Phew, not just me then, LOL!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum