OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tankgirlfuzzy

I've been pretty critical of Asmus in the past, but I do give them credit for improving over time, but with sometimes baffling choices/execution. I really hope this one is as good as the pics show, because I want one!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I've been pretty critical of Asmus in the past, but I do give them credit for improving over time, but with sometimes baffling choices/execution. I really hope this one is as good as the pics show, because I want one!

I’m hoping they go back and revisit Gandalf, Sauraman and Legolas now that they seem to have figured out rooted hair and beards. Or at least do the expansion set thing and just offer upgraded head sculpts.

Rogerbee

Founding Father
If they can pull everything off on a production line then I think a lot of people will be surprised and happy, let's see shall we....

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
New summary pic:

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Fb_img13

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those are some lovely axes. Ok, lovely may not be the right word, but you know what I mean.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Those are some lovely axes. Ok, lovely may not be the right word, but you know what I mean.

Wicked Awesome! Surprised

He who dies with the most toys wins!

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I really hope they can pull this off.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
From Asmus:

Sharing some more bts story with you guys!

During development, we discovered that dwarves' chain mail is unlike any human characters', which is made from interlocking metal hoops. Dwarves' chain mail are discs with hole threaded together with additional metal hoops.

For most 1/6th scaled figure, chain mails are recreated with existing mesh fabrics. But the differences in the pattern urged us to customize Gimli's own chain mail to match the costume design in the trilogy as perfectly as we possibly can.

So we began testing the pattern created digitally on many materials and faced multiple challenges. Sometimes it's too soft, too heavy, or just easily torn. After many trials and errors, we decided on the ideal material that's soft enough to sew, but hard enough to sustain shape and could finally moved on to production.

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Qqayu214
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Qqayu213

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting details. Thanks for posting.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
WOW!!! Amazing attention to detail and result! I've used 1/6 'disk mail' before but just the regular mass produced metallic sequin material that has only one stitch per disk not four, it tends to look more like scale armour, this new armour by Asmus is very impressive! I'd love to get hold of some for my 'The Hobbit' Dwarven builds.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Mine is on its way from Asmus, but here are some in-hand pics from Timemeddler over at the Freaks:

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme12
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme11
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme10
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme15
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme13
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme14
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme16
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme17
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme18
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme19
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme20
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme21
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) - Page 2 Timeme22

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There is also now a review by Michael Crawford, although he seems to have forgotten to announce it here.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-073018a.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum