OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Thanks for sharing! I would have gone with the same headsculpt and hairstyle combo as well. :-) 

Now I need to go back and compare with the one I have, since I'm curious if maybe they improved the black suit from the 'regular'/40th anniversary version. Seems a bit different...

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for the video, Diana. The bronzish hair is actually fairly typical for Hot Toys whenever they try to convey dark blond/light brown. Among other examples, their Chris Evans heads (or at least some of them).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Cool video, Diana. Thanks for sharing.

Ephiane

Great Review and Video, thanks for showing. I like the figure much and i see hamil. But again... why they faked the light sabre effect in the HT pictures ??? You can see in Dianas video how it looks in real.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Cool review, very nice set, i like the windswept hair look. Thanks for sharing!

Diana

Diana
I don't bother replying every time but I do appreciate the feedback, so thank you everyone! Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Question -- does anyone know if the underlying HT body for the original 40th anniversary RotJ Luke and the body for the recent deluxe version are the same? I realize that the padding and outfit are different [aka improved] on the new version, and would like to make a kitbash of some of the upgraded parts. But just finding it hard to tell if the actual body is the same, and it's just the body padding and tailoring that's changed, or what...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Question -- does anyone know if the underlying HT body for the original 40th anniversary RotJ Luke and the body for the recent deluxe version are the same? I realize that the padding and outfit are different [aka improved] on the new version, and would like to make a kitbash of some of the upgraded parts. But just finding it hard to tell if the actual body is the same, and it's just the body padding and tailoring that's changed, or what...

I have both versions but never compared the bodies.

However, reports are that the bodies are identical.

ZedBelkon posted the following on SSF:

ZedBelkon wrote:This figure appears to have exactly the same body as the first release to me.
On the left is my original release Luke with fat suit removed. On the right is the mms517 body. Shoulders are pushed upwards on my figure.

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 In-Shot-20191128-121251375

I kept the Deluxe as Death Star Luke, and used the spare parts to make Endor Luke on a QMx Picard body, which appears to be this Ganghood 2.0 with the neck cut off:

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 GH-528x668

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=980&search=ganghood

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 49474010

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much, Asta! Your Endor Luke kitbash looks awesome! Smile 

I have the original 40th anniversary version, and just want to spruce him up a bit. I never liked how the body padding and outfit looked on the original, and had thought to keep him covered up with his cloak indefinitely. But this opens up some new possibilities. Thanks again for the helpful info!

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks so much, Asta! Your Endor Luke kitbash looks awesome! Smile 

I have the original 40th anniversary version, and just want to spruce him up a bit. I never liked how the body padding and outfit looked on the original, and had thought to keep him covered up with his cloak indefinitely. But this opens up some new possibilities. Thank again for the helpful info!

Thanks!

I took the padding off the original which made quite a difference. I still have that one with the cloak on though.

They got the padding just right on the Deluxe and he looks really good as Death Star Luke.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad to hear -- it's that Death Star Luke that is most important to me to get right, so it's great that the new padding and outfit has helped the overall appearance for that one. 

Now to try to pick up some loose parts....

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, an update on my attempt to 'upgrade' my original 40th anniversary RotJ Luke: don't try this, guys! Evil or Very Mad  I almost ruined a perfectly mint HT figure in what turned out to be a complete failure. I bought the new Deluxe black outfit and one of the Deluxe heads, thinking I could just use them on the older figure. But, turns out there are several incompatibilities and snags that make this less straightforward than it seems at first. First of all, the 40th anniversary version is basically sewn into his black suit. So taking it off requires some tearing of the stitching that holds the front panel of his suit down, or it's impossible to remove. Also, while the underlying HT's body shape is more or less the same on both, the Deluxe one has a different size neck peg! The interchangeable heads therefore likewise have different size holes at the bottom for said peg, making it impossible to use the new head on the old Luke body. This is bizarre to me, because the old Luke head also has the swappable hairstyle, so it would seem they made it with the eventual Deluxe one in mind, but the sizes are just not the same at all. The new headsculpts have longer necks as well, so even using the old head with the new outfit looks weird due to the padding differences. I tried all possible combinations, and it's just not an easy enough upgrade to make it worth it. Now I have a ripped/torn 40th anniversary outfit, which I had to mend and put back onto the old body, which is not only upsetting but was also a huge pain in the @ss. I'm mad at myself for even attempting it.  Sad

My plan now is to just permanently leave the old 40th anniversary edition as the cloaked version, and try to get the rest of the parts to make the 'upgraded' Deluxe RotJ Luke from scratch instead. Due to my increasing lack of display space, I actually didn't want two separate RotJ Luke's, or I would have just done this in the first place. Rolling Eyes

Sigh. Rant over. Just wanted to mention this in case anyone else was thinking of attempting to do the same stupid thing as me... Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry to hear, S. Hopefully you took a step back before attempting to mend everything. I’ve gotten so mad at errors in the past, that I’ve ended up chucking stuff in the trash, only to regret it after it was long gone. I’m sure your repairs will be fine — and only you, the dogs, and your husband will notice. Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sci-Fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI LUKE SKYWALKER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Stryker. I've calmed down about it now, and thankfully did not throw poor Luke in the trash compactor rubbish bin. Laughing As you say, only I would have even been able to tell, but I just wanted to share the experience here in case anyone else had been considering attempting the same thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum