OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mugs...

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

21Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

PureEnergy

Peaches, Gina Torres is an exquisite choice, by the way...  

Jean Ross wrote:I'm old, stuck in the sixties, and only interested in figures I can put on a horse...

scratch

Honestly, I’m not old enough to remember, but I would've sworn that we had automobiles in the ‘60s…  

…  I’m assuming that you did mean the 1960’s, that is…   Laughing

Indeed, Native Americans are, of course, shamefully underrepresented.  

Yul Brynner is a fantastic idea...  Charlton Heston and Steve McQueen are surprisingly absent...  And perhaps most especially so with consideration for the demographics of hobbyists...

22Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Peaches

Yes, @PureEnergy, fixed it, LOL. I'm horrible with names, and was planning on double checking, but got distracted tongue

23Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I had a couple Charlton Heston sculpts custom made (one is already painted, and another is in the process); both were done for Planet of the Apes. He’s my favorite actor, and that is my favorite movie. Sideshow did a version of Chuck from Planet of the Apes a while back, and for the time it was okay, but pretty bad by today’s standards.

24Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Peaches

You're scaring me, @Stryker2011 'cause I'm planning on trying my hand at customizing and it's gonna come off the shelf except for what I paint and what I sew so.... I'm likely not going to be too successful with the "today's standards"!  LOL

25Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yul Brynner has been done (kinda). Check out the Ramesses II figure by Valley of the Kings (= Mystical Forge?).

26Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:20 pm

PureEnergy

There…  As if it were never anything other, Peaches…  I love the new avatar.  She reminds me of Amelia Earhart...

Stryker, I am suddenly unsurprised...

And Guv, I must find and examine that Yul Brynner figure...

27Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:34 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:I had a couple Charlton Heston sculpts custom made (one is already painted, and another is in the process); both were done for Planet of the Apes. He’s my favorite actor, and that is my favorite movie. Sideshow did a version of Chuck from Planet of the Apes a while back, and for the time it was okay, but pretty bad by today’s standards.

"YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!"

One of my favorite films, actually.

28Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:You're scaring me, @Stryker2011 'cause I'm planning on trying my hand at customizing and it's gonna come off the shelf except for what I paint and what I sew so.... I'm likely not going to be too successful with the "today's standards"!  LOL

No worries, Peaches. I myself don’t have the skills to do anything “up to today’s standards” either. As a customizer, I suck. I paid a head sculptor to make the heads, and I paid a head sculpt painter to paint the 1st head; still waiting on one of the best head sculpt painters to paint up the second Chuck head (and a Linda Harrison/Nova sculpt I had commissioned — that one was made bald, so I’ll have to add her hair when the paint work is done). I’ll end up doing their costumes, what there is of them, but those won’t look anywhere near as good as the painted heads (which I had nothing to do with, other than giving advice and suggestions on tweaks during the 3D rendering process).

Other than that, please don’t be nervous, or shy, about posting your work. There are all levels of customizers and bashers out there, and everyone has to start somewhere.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mugs... - Page 2 C8485110

29Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:"YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!"  

One of the best lines, in one of the most iconic scenes.

30Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:"YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!"  

One of the best lines, in one of the most iconic scenes.

Agreed. Right up there with "Here's looking at you,kid, " and "We don't gotta show you no stinkin' badges."

It's a much deeper film than many understand, certainly much more than I understood the first time I saw it when I was maybe 10 or 11 in the early 70's. Then many years passed, I watched it again as a college educated adult with a degree in history and noticed a lot of subtleties and themes I would not have tuned into as a child.

The author, Pierre Boulle wrote another book that was made into a great movie; The Bridge On The River Kwai.

31Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Jean Ross

Jean Ross wrote:I'm old, stuck in the sixties, and only interested in figures I can put on a horse, so here's my top 5:

Steve McQueen,
Native American Warrior,
Yul Brynner
Clayton Moore
Roy Rogers
I guess I wasn't very clear in my post, I meant stuck in the sixties, as in, characters from shows and movies from the 60's. I sculpture horses, therefore prefer figures that need a horse. Any clearer??
Jean

32Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:19 pm

PureEnergy

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:It's a much deeper film than many understand, certainly much more than I understood the first time I saw it when I was maybe 10 or 11 in the early 70's.  Then many years passed, I watched it again as a college educated adult with a degree in history and noticed a lot of subtleties and themes I would not have tuned into as a child.

I agree that the original PotA was a masterpiece in film (the remakes are not), and that its thematic elements ran deeper than the surface of spectacle; however, I also rather feel that some of its ideology was a bit dated.  That does not, in itself, diminish the film in any manner for me, personally - although I can understand how it might for some.

Mr. Heston seems, overall, rather underrated by today’s viewership.  I have seen Soylent Green, The Ten Commandments, among others - and he was certainly an enormous talent.  

I would have expected that there would be a bevy of Heston Head Sculpts available...

Jean Ross, I was just being playful.  I'd understood you the first time, respectfully and sincerely...  And I, too, love horses - and all things equestrian.   Wink

33Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
[quote="PureEnergy"]
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:It's a much deeper film than many understand, certainly much more than I understood the first time I saw it when I was maybe 10 or 11 in the early 70's.  Then many years passed, I watched it again as a college educated adult with a degree in history and noticed a lot of subtleties and themes I would not have tuned into as a child.

I agree that the original PotA was a masterpiece in film (the remakes are not), and that its thematic elements ran deeper than the surface of spectacle; however, I also rather feel that some of its ideology was a bit dated.  That does not, in itself, diminish the film in any manner for me, personally - although I can understand how it might for some.

Mr. Heston seems, overall, rather underrated by today’s viewership.  I have seen Soylent Green, The Ten Commandments, among others - and he was certainly an enormous talent.  

I would have expected that there would be a bevy of Heston Head Sculpts available...

Heston's legacy as an actor is to a degree, and I think unfairly undermined by very open support of the NRA in later years, despite his having marched with Martin Luther King in Washington decades earlier, and crappy disaster films he did in his later career. I did like him as Cardinal Richelieu in the Mustketeer's films, in which he showed he could do much more than the rugged and individualistic tough-guy roles.

34Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:18 pm

MerylAkiba

1. Ashley Scott (birds of Prey hairstyle & makeup)
Mugs... - Page 2 Birds-of-prey-ashley-scott-dvdbash-2

2. Antonio Navas (great for sniper character, Gambit, Altair, Youngblood Shaft, LOTR Ranger )
Mugs... - Page 2 Antonionavas-inter

3.Nicole Behari (exact hairstyle, but red streaks)
Mugs... - Page 2 Nicole-Beharie-10

4.Lee Kholafai but w/ rooted hair, long unkempt (perfect for a Prince of Persia two Thrones, Tomax and Xamot Paoli, or phicen m33 w/ Triad toys John carter armor )
Mugs... - Page 2 AOqGlw5qL1nHcCRkPCn505iDV1P

5.Danielle Evans (exact makeup, but w/ dark purple rooted hair)
Mugs... - Page 2 000000161397-dani_evans-squaremedium
Mugs... - Page 2 000000158015-dani_evans-squaresmall

35Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 pm

Peaches

Peaches
OK, so who's gonna make 'em? Very Happy

36Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:OK, so who's gonna make 'em?  Very Happy

That’s the million dollar question.

37Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:30 am

PureEnergy

Given to the Ghost...

38Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:30 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PureEnergy wrote:I have narrowed my own list down to about twenty-five or so, LOL...

Meanwhile, I have been “asked” (which is a euphemism, of course) to create a custom for my lady.  (My own self-custom is in the works, and the Sculpt was not too difficult a choice; fortunately, the Head that works well for me is very available).  

However, while she bears a striking resemblance to a younger Amy Robach (enough so to hear it quite regularly); there is absolutely no hope of finding a Sculpt based on a newscaster.  So if any of you know of one that might be otherwise suitable, please make your suggestions.  

I’ve promised her that I would make this happen…

Here is a good reference shot...

Mugs... - Page 2 Ar2k10

If only I could narrow it down to 25. The five I chose are just a small percentage of the folks I'd like to see done. I currently have my sculptor friend working on Michael York & Jenny Agutter from Logan's Run (luckily we're splitting the cost on that one, as he wanted them as well).

Mugs... - Page 2 Mv5bmt11

I never heard of Amy Robach, but good luck in your search. I'm working on the same thing for my wife and I (luckily I have a HS that my wife says looks quite a bit like me as a younger man), but trying to find one that matches my wife is problematic (might have to go the custom route). (I'm with you, Peaches, Liza Minelli, would be ideal for me, as that is who my wife most resembles, even down to the hair style -- just repaint the hair from black to strawberry blonde and I'd pretty much be set).

Mugs... - Page 2 R-151510

39Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 am

blackpool

blackpool
PureEnergy wrote:I don’t think that your responses are weird, Blackpool.  But are there not decent versions of Knightly and Foster already available?  

And I, too, would appreciate a Harrelson Sculpt.  He’s cool.  And Stiller, LOL, I love that guy.

You are right, Kumik did a quite average jodie foster as she appears in the silence of the lamb, not bad but not very good either lol... Hot toys also produced a Keira Knightley from pirates of caribeans but she was an epic fail, at that time hot toys sculpting and painting were far from today's standards...

So as the OP said "high quality headsculpts" I listed these two in first cause I'd love to have a great sculpt of these two actresses! Razz

Harrelson would be very cool, I didn't wanted to extend the list but I'd love to see him next to his partner in True Detective played by Matthew Mc Conaughey (there is an expensive custom sculpt of him, painted by jacob rahmier it's an insane quality, but far from my price range)

And about Wilson and Stiller, whatever movie they appeared together in they were so fun I'd love to have the pair to recreate some sequences from starzky & hutch or zoolander

Plenty of awesome choices from everyone too, I second so many I couldn't list them all lol

40Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:18 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Assuming they have not been done, and if so, better quality:

1) Zoie Palmer
2) George Forman
3)Cosplayer Roboemma
Mugs... - Page 2 Img_6910
4) Edward James Olmos ( a GOOD sculpt which captures his unique skin without over or under emphasizing it.)
5)Lauren Kaye Scott ( Dakota Skye )

41Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Peaches

Peaches
Oh wow, I'd love a Logan's Run pair! How awesome!

42Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:15 pm

PureEnergy

Given to the Ghost...

43Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 am

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
i also vote for ann and nancy, i mean who wouldn't?

in all seriousness though this question really got me to thinking. the fact that there are so many people that arguably should have a sculpt already. and dont yet suprises me. probably i could make a long list but 5 is what you asked for. since we are asking for heart...

then i add following

1. young Brian Wilson...he is the reason we talk about the beach boys, and consider them practically equal to the beatles.

Mugs... - Page 2 Maxresdefault

2. Anni-Frid Lyngstad, because ABBA, and because she is a goddess

Mugs... - Page 2 76-12-16-annifrid-sp

3. do i even...she should have been done so long ago, since she is just impossibly cute, and nearly perfect. also a goddess, has an angelic voice, and even so probably too humble to ever admit it.

Mugs... - Page 2 47043584_356546675156188_1743748988544512328_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram

4. i know i probably am the only one here on this, but "Weird Al". mostly because he is him, and who among us doesn't love him?

Mugs... - Page 2 GettyImages-674271246-1494001173-1459x1000

5. Frank Sinatra, one of my heroes, and one of the best singers ever. i know...with the others i picked,  this one sticks out. trust me his is legendary and his songs are frankly classics.

Mugs... - Page 2 Frank-sinatra-9484810-3-402

if i really went on with this list, there could be over 100 probably, but thats for another time.

44Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 am

Peaches

Peaches
Oh I'd love the pixie that is Lindsey Stirling! Would need her head on the new 1/12 body, ROFL. She is so awesome! Weird Al also a great choice. I'm sorry to say that to me, all the gorgeous women kinda start to look alike after a while Sad But those with more character like Liza Minnelli, Lindsey, Stevie, Gina Torres, they have personality before beauty Smile I'd like that Smile

45Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:54 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I kept seeing Lindsey all over FB, took me ages to realise what she actually did. She went up in my estimation when she liked one of my comments on her page. She did a post about sheet music, so I said "It's not sheet, it's brilliant!".

I can't think of 5 that haven't been done or mentioned. However, one I do want is a younger Peter Cushing so I can have a Van Helsing to go with my Dracula. I may attempt to 'de-age' an HT Tarkin if nothing else emerges.

CHEERS!

46Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Classics: Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, James Cagney, Errol Flynn, David Niven

47Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
shazzdan wrote:Classics: Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, James Cagney, Errol Flynn, David Niven

Good choices!

48Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Of course, the one thing about all this is that what appeals to us doesn't necessarily appeal to the many. Mass appeal wins the day these days. I know Peter could probably knock out everything we ever list, but artists can sometimes get inundated and overwhelmed.

It's nice to dream, but, we often have to acknowledge that we may not see them realised

CHEERS!

49Mugs... - Page 2 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:35 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Of course, the one thing about all this is that what appeals to us doesn't necessarily appeal to the many. Mass appeal wins the day these days. I know Peter could probably knock out everything we ever list, but artists can sometimes get inundated and overwhelmed.

It's nice to dream,  but, we often have to acknowledge that we may not see them realised

CHEERS!

Yep. And they can take quite a long time. The guy who's sculpted heads for me is generally very busy (not only with real life, but with sculpting jobs). He and I have been in communication about the Logan's Run heads since 2017. There's been progress, but then real life happens, and since my projects with him are more of a one on one thing, his priority is for group projects. I'm fairly patient when it comes to this stuff, so it takes as long as it takes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum