OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mugs...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

61Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Skywalkersaga, they are actually making a David Bowie from The Labyrinth, if memory serves. Poke around the New Product announcements, you might find it.

Hmmm. That's not something I'm aware of. I wonder if you're thinking of the 1/4 scale statue by Chronicle Collectibles...? ($1250.00!!!!!)

Mugs... - Page 3 Labyri10

62Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:48 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmmm. That's not something I'm aware of. I wonder if you're thinking of the 1/4 scale statue by Chronicle Collectibles...? ($1250.00!!!!!)

Of course... that was it. Glad you caught and corrected this!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

63Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:40 pm

skywalkersaga

Stryker2011 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Skywalkersaga, they are actually making a David Bowie from The Labyrinth, if memory serves. Poke around the New Product announcements, you might find it.

Hmmm. That's not something I'm aware of. I wonder if you're thinking of the 1/4 scale statue by Chronicle Collectibles...? ($1250.00!!!!!)

Oh myyyy. Well it's stunning either way!! (albeit, at that price, forever out of my reach.... Crying or Very sad  )

64Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:35 am

Rogerbee

Founding Father

That's nice! There is also a NECA 7" figure, quite nice and at a more modest £24.99.

CHEERS!

65Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:55 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Believe it or not, Ozzy Osbourne once had classical good looks. Drugs and alcohol were not kind to him.

Mugs... - Page 3 Ob_f7d1d3_ozzy-osbourne-early-years-1-1024x702

66Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Believe it or not, Ozzy Osbourne once had classical good looks. Drugs and alcohol were not kind to him.

Nor the Stones. 'Course, they were pretty ugly to begin with...

Mugs... - Page 3 10520510
Mugs... - Page 3 The-ro10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mugs... - Page 3 C8485110

67Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:58 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Did Charlie Watts ever look young!? He was probably born a teenager!

CHEERS!

68Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:44 pm

PureEnergy

Smile

69Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s maybe of topic, but i will love one Headsculpt with some expressions. ( sad / happy / angry ) And i like Sculpts of normal Guys. Not beautiful actors.

70Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:18 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Have you seen the Facepool sculpts, they have the character you're looking for.

CHEERS!

71Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I've just been luring on this thread, but loving all the suggestions. Skywalkersaga, I LOVE that Peter Steele is on your list.  I saw Type-O on Halloween, must have been around 96/97.  Steele was so HUGE.  He came out on stage with a bottle of wine in his hand, and he was so big it looked like a beer bottle.  Hell of a show.

I don't have a solid 5, but number 1 on my list (and this is a weird one) would be a young Elias Koteas:

Mugs... - Page 3 Elias-koteas-07

Mugs... - Page 3 Rs_500x266-150401074809-caseyjones

Such an under rated actor.  Not only was he the definitive Casey Jones in the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, but he had some of my all time favorite roles, in stuff like Some Kind of Wonderful, Thin Red Line, Gattaca, and The Prophecy, not to mention Cyborg 2 (which is kinda terrible, but there's also something wonderful about it, with a cast that includes Jack Palance, Billy Drago, and might actually be Angelina Jolie's 1st real role).  He just brings a lot of charisma and  personality to everything he's in.  It's actually a head that I've wanted to see made for a really long time.

And I'd have to say Shirley Manson from Garbage.

Mugs... - Page 3 Shirley-manson_a176575_4

Garbage has been around for over 25 years at this point, and I still have such a ridiculous crush on this woman.  Gorgeous, super smart and iconic, one of my favorite singers of all time, and absolute cool.  And she was a terminator on The Sara Conner Chronicles!

72Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those are a couple of really cool choices, Rev. I agree about Elias being underrated. I thought he was great as the Dad in The Greatest Game Ever Played, as well; and The Prophecy -- how many people remember that movie (where Viggo Mortensen played the Devil!!!!). And Shirley... I'm right there with you; been a fan of hers since her days with Angelfish.

73Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I liked Shirley too, second only to Summer in TTSC. Still hasn't been a decent sculpt of Summer Glau either.

CHEERS!

74Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:24 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I'd like to see Rod Taylor, Jim Brown and Yvette Mimieux as they appeared in "Dark Of The Sun."  
Mugs... - Page 3 46150507674_fd4a6bc086_zJim Brown by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Mugs... - Page 3 45960894445_0f033fb23fRod_Taylor_and_Yvette_Mimieux_in_Dark_of_the_Sun by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Mugs... - Page 3 46150507774_6cff390781_bDark-5-768x956 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

75Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good movie, thephotogsblog; just picked up the Blu-Ray — been looking for years. Have you ever read Wilbur Smith’s book? One of his better stand-alone books.

76Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:51 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Good movie, thephotogsblog; just picked up the Blu-Ray — been looking for years. Have you ever read Wilbur Smith’s book? One of his better stand-alone books.

I confess that I never read the book. But I also confess a bit of a fascination for craziness in the Congo in the 60's. I'm Canadian, but my ancestry is Belgian. Parents came here in '56. An uncle of mine was there with the Belgian Para-Commando regiment in the 50's just before coming to Canada to join my parents and his wife here in '58. Dark of The Sun is IMHO the best mercenary film ever made, and makes no attempt to whitewash the darkness of the subject. As much as I like the film, I'm embarrassed in a way that my Belgian ancestors were among the worst, vilest colonialists in history.

77Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:41 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ReverendSpooky wrote:I've just been luring on this thread, but loving all the suggestions. Skywalkersaga, I LOVE that Peter Steele is on your list.  I saw Type-O on Halloween, must have been around 96/97.  Steele was so HUGE.  He came out on stage with a bottle of wine in his hand, and he was so big it looked like a beer bottle.  Hell of a show.

Ahhh, wowwww, that must have been one amazing experience. What I would not have done to have been there too! And yeah, I love the Green Man and miss him so :'( .... he needs to be immortalized in 1/6 form. <3

ReverendSpooky wrote:I don't have a solid 5, but number 1 on my list (and this is a weird one) would be a young Elias Koteas

Such a unique choice, and one I would not have thought of, but now that you mention it, I can totally understand. It would be such a versatile sculpt, for both the characters he's portrayed, but also for OC's. I think the most recent thing I saw him in was The Killing, but it's great to be reminded of him in his younger years!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

78Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Good movie, thephotogsblog; just picked up the Blu-Ray — been looking for years. Have you ever read Wilbur Smith’s book? One of his better stand-alone books.

I confess that I never read the book. But I also confess a bit of a fascination for craziness in the Congo in the 60's.  I'm Canadian, but my ancestry is Belgian. Parents came here in '56. An uncle of mine was there with the Belgian Para-Commando regiment in the 50's just before coming to Canada to join my parents and his wife here in '58.   Dark of The Sun is IMHO the best mercenary film ever made, and makes no attempt to whitewash the darkness of the subject. As much as I like the film, I'm embarrassed in a way that my Belgian ancestors were among the worst, vilest colonialists in history.  

I highly recommend his books (I have them all). He lived in Africa most of his life, has a very good grasp of the continent and its peoples, and like you said doesn't sugar coat anything. I'd recommend also Shout at the Devil and Gold Mine (both of them have been turned into movies, as well -- and interestingly both of those had Roger Moore in them).

79Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:38 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:[quote="

I highly recommend his books (I have them all). He lived in Africa most of his life, has a very good grasp of the continent and its peoples, and like you said doesn't sugar coat anything. I'd recommend also Shout at the Devil and Gold Mine (both of them have been turned into movies, as well -- and interestingly both of those had Roger Moore in them).

I'll have to get my hands on a copy both of the book, and the movies you mentioned. In the meantime, one can clearly see the influence both DOTS and Rat Patrol had on the first figure in my collection, which I am customizing from the ground up.

Mugs... - Page 3 45901714485_5f0d2095c9_bpolaroid1 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

It will be even more obvious when I shoot a few photos with the high leather boots I finally got in the mail yesterday, which aside from colour, look a lot like the ones Taylor wears in DOTS. I will post them in the next day or two.

80Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Rogerbee wrote:
That's nice! There is also a NECA 7" figure, quite nice and at a more modest £24.99.

Thanks so much for the heads-up on that! When it comes to figures in other scales, I tend not to know much about what's out there unless its SW stuff...so I would have completely missed it otherwise. :3

And Photogsblog, I can definitely see the influence in your aesthetic. Very Happy

81Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:38 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:Those are a couple of really cool choices, Rev. I agree about Elias being underrated. I thought he was great as the Dad in The Greatest Game Ever Played, as well; and The Prophecy -- how many people remember that movie (where Viggo Mortensen played the Devil!!!!). And Shirley... I'm right there with you; been a fan of hers since her days with Angelfish.

Oh man, Angelfish!!!  I'm going to dig that album out today, now that you mentioned it!  I had started with Garbage, and it took me forever to actually track down a copy of Angelfish (way back before the easy days of the internet).  Never saw The Greatest Game Ever Played, and have to look into it.  His character in A Thin Red line was one of my favorites in the film.  And so glad someone else loves The Prophecy as much as I do!  Between Viggo Mortensen as the devil and Christopher Walken as the angel of death, that film is so brilliantly cast.  From Koteas's "Do you ever really want to see an angel?" speech to Walken's "You get to KILL, all day" speech, that movie has such an epic amount of great dialog.  

Rogerbee wrote:
I liked Shirley too, second only to Summer in TTSC. Still hasn't been a decent sculpt of Summer Glau either.

CHEERS!

Summer Glau, I'm still surprised we haven't seen in 1/6.  Lover her too!

skywalkersaga wrote:Such a unique choice, and one I would not have thought of, but now that you mention it, I can totally understand. It would be such a versatile sculpt, for both the characters he's portrayed, but also for OC's. I think the most recent thing I saw him in was The Killing, but it's great to be reminded of him in his younger years!

He was SO GOOD in The Killing too!  And agreed, it would be great for so many things.  Wish one of these companies would get on it!

82Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:11 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ReverendSpooky wrote:

He was SO GOOD in The Killing too!  And agreed, it would be great for so many things.  Wish one of these companies would get on it!

He really was! But then I have a soft spot for that whole show... absolutely adore the two main characters in it. <3

And oh my gosh... totally unrelated to any of the above discussions, but while I was out today it suddenly hit me... I missed someone on my list....

.... Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne in (the original!) Twin Peaks!

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_nv4x4fJAwW1rqb07jo1_540

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_nqb3doW30i1s1tghwo1_500

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_nshvp10p8v1recdn0o1_500

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_nwv2m3VCcW1rso48lo1_540

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_mdqlkaJB5Z1rkf7sao1_540

I freaking LOVE her...such a girl-crush, lol. :3 I also just enjoy the whole Twin Peaks aesthetic and would find making Lynchian dioramas so much fun. Very Happy

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_m6v2d5Dn3f1r8swmoo1_540

Mugs... - Page 3 Tumblr_nisbhqkFzQ1su84coo1_540

There'd need to be an Agent Cooper to go with her though. Cause she's Audrey Horne and she gets what she wants. ;D

83Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:25 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
skywalkersaga wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

He really was! But then I have a soft spot for that whole show... absolutely adore the two main characters in it. <3

Seriously!!!  A Joel Kinneman head would be dynamite too (he was amazing in Altered Carbon ).

Mugs... - Page 3 Kinnaman-4652c9d

skywalkersaga wrote:And oh my gosh... totally unrelated to any of the above discussions, but while I was out today it suddenly hit me... I missed someone on my list....

.... Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne in (the original!) Twin Peaks!

I freaking LOVE her...such a girl-crush, lol. :3 I also just enjoy the whole Twin Peaks aesthetic and would find making Lynchian dioramas so much fun. Very Happy

There'd need to be an Agent Cooper to go with her though. Cause she's Audrey Horne and she gets what she wants. ;D

Yes x 100 to both of these!!  So love them both.  Of course, we's also need the Man From Another Place, and I'd have to start working on a black lodge diorama immediately.  That would be some damn fine coffee indeed.

84Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Seriously!!!  A Joel Kinneman head would be dynamite too (he was amazing in Altered Carbon ).

Ahh, yes, I am so fond of him. I like that he is not conventionally handsome, and yet so mesmerizing on-screen. A headsculpt of him would make an interesting character in Ephiane's world, perhaps... : )

skywalkersaga wrote:

Yes x 100 to both of these!!  So love them both.  Of course, we's also need the Man From Another Place, and I'd have to start working on a black lodge diorama immediately.  That would be some damn fine coffee indeed.

OMG, a Black Lodge diorama by YOU would be a dream (or perhaps nightmare?) come true! Very Happy

85Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
skywalkersaga wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Oh myyyy. Well it's stunning either way!! (albeit, at that price, forever out of my reach.... Crying or Very sad  )

My dog Loves to play Bowie as Jareth. Very Happy
Mugs... - Page 3 Img_6110

86Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:13 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very Happy It's Mini-Jareth!!!

87Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:19 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lmao, Pontiacivan!! Laughing

88Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Pontiacivan, nothing is going to beat that photo in my day. I'm going back to bed.

89Mugs... - Page 3 Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:53 am

blackpool

blackpool
getting out of topics but as the show was mentioned, I'd love to see some figures from altered carbon, there were so many good characters and outfits designs in this show!!!

Back to topic, I totally second the Twin Peaks suggestion, Sherylin Fenn would be fantastic, I wouldn't say no to a young Kyle Machlachlan (sorry I never coul write his name correctly lol)

About Bowie, a couple of figures might happen sooner or later, Kyung Ah Kim has sculpted two heads of David Bowie with iconic styles from 1974 n 1983, it got lost in the "molecule8" debacle but she might manage to have them produced or sold to a legit figures company (I do hope indeed)

Mugs... - Page 3 45826189_337518970162631_9079148027150837983_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum