OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spring time Challenge

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:15 pm

shazzdan

Very cool idea. I've never thought to make accessories out of paper. Went looking to see what others have been doing and found a lot of neat ideas. Don't know what scale these are made to but they are apparently all-paper constructions.

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Mogami-Yoshiaki-Armor

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Aa2c7d058bb0b41e42c01f5fc0a5b9f4

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Tumblr_mw5g59MKEm1sfi6kho1_500

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

27female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm

BAD WOLF-787

shazzdan wrote:Very cool idea. I've never thought to make accessories out of paper. Went looking to see what others have been doing and found a lot of neat ideas. Don't know what scale these are made to but they are apparently all-paper constructions.

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Mogami-Yoshiaki-Armor

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Aa2c7d058bb0b41e42c01f5fc0a5b9f4

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Tumblr_mw5g59MKEm1sfi6kho1_500

Very cool looking items.

28female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Wow. Those two dresses are really well done.

29female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Lynkhart

I keep meaning to do this! I’ve got plenty of ideas! XD

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

30female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Lynkhart wrote:I keep meaning to do this! I’ve got plenty of ideas! XD

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

31female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Thought it was impolite to not accept Bad Wolf's challenge so here is my first attempt at paper armour. This style of armour is known as a "tube and yoke" cuirass and was popular in the Aegean, Mediterranean, and Middle East for a period of around 500 years during the Classical, Hellenistic, and Roman Republican periods.

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 4107046096047bea1f4a20eb674e6418--antique-vases-greek-history female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Vase1

This one is made from a paper shopping bag.

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Xec5TIa

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 885fmmQ

32female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work, shazzdan. I was thinking along the same lines. While simple, it is a very effective illustration of how that type of cuirass worked, and a great way of explaining it.

33female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That turned out pretty nice, shazzdan. Nice job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 C8485110

34female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thank you shazzdan for accepting my spring time challenge it is much appreciated, mighty fine looking paper armor and indeed and a great way of explaining it.  Very Happy

35female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 am

dadrab

dadrab
Well, shoot...

That turned out pretty damn well.

Excellent job.

36female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:42 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Bad Wolf, googling brought me here.
I'm thinking of getting an armored SHI and i hope you don't mind me asking questions:
1. What is the skintone of the body? (described as "tan" on one ebay listing). Is it the "old suntan" like S12D?
2. Does the Shi red costume stain the body/arms/legs? (since i want to use the "tan" body for another figure).
Thanks!

37female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rollo, I can answer the first question: Tan is the yellow/orangish skin tone they used to make, but no longer do — it’s neither Old Suntan or Pale, and matches very few head sculpts — some of the Kumik sculpts, and some of the early Super Duck sculpts will work, however.

(How the Hell did auto-correct/auto-fill think when I typed “Kumik”, what I really meant to type was “aluminum”...?! I’m serious, whatever tech-dick came up with auto-correct/auto-fill needs to be cut with razor blades and fed to a pool of ravenous sharks.)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 C8485110

38female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I'll accept your challenge to make some cardboard armor, after all I get carton board for free from Sams, just gotta ask nicely and walk out of the stores with a few rolls of the stuff. 😊

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 1f60e

39female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Stryker2011 wrote:Rollo, I can answer the first question: Tan is the yellow/orangish skin tone they used to make, but no longer do — it’s neither Old Suntan or Pale, and matches very few head sculpts — some of the Kumik sculpts, and some of the early Super Duck sculpts will work, however.

(How the Hell did auto-correct/auto-fill think when I typed “Kumik”, what I really meant to type was “aluminum”...?! I’m serious, whatever tech-dick came up with auto-correct/auto-fill needs to be cut with razor blades and fed to a pool of ravenous sharks.)

Yeah it looks very "orangey" in the pics, looks like the skintone is similar to TBL S05 (Shu Qi).
Will check out Kumik sculpts, like the Kumik S16-21B head (on Jiaou brown body) that Martian posted on the OSW colour matching thread.
I appreciate the info, thanks!

I also can't stand auto-correct/auto-fill, have it turned off on every device.

40female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Here's my cardboard armor, a mandalorian inspired style of armor made out of carton board, I added some stuff in aurebesh just for fun. 😄

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 BvWctTa

I made the armor last night but took the photos today.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 1f60e

41female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring time Challenge Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:06 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
rollotomasi wrote:@Bad Wolf, googling brought me here.
I'm thinking of getting an armored SHI and i hope you don't mind me asking questions:
1. What is the skintone of the body? (described as "tan" on one ebay listing). Is it the "old suntan" like S12D?
2. Does the Shi red costume stain the body/arms/legs? (since i want to use the "tan" body for another figure).
Thanks!

Not a problem but unfortunately I don't have any good answers for you, I was thinking it was the old suntan skin tone but it doesn't look like it.

I've never had her outfit off so I don't know, I'm sorry that I've could have been of more help.

Stryker2011 wrote:Rollo, I can answer the first question: Tan is the yellow/orangish skin tone they used to make, but no longer do — it’s neither Old Suntan or Pale, and matches very few head sculpts — some of the Kumik sculpts, and some of the early Super Duck sculpts will work, however.

Thank you for the help on this one it's much appreciated.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Here's my cardboard armor, a mandalorian inspired style of armor made out of carton board, I added some stuff in aurebesh just for fun. 😄

female - Spring time Challenge - Page 2 BvWctTa

I made the armor last night but took the photos today.

Great looking armor, he looks good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum