OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That's cool, Roger. Awesome catch. I really need to rewatch that movie -- it's been a really long time.

27Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:33 am

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Yeah, it was one of those 'last one' deals where it could be just that. It may have been the last available Stripe in the UK. They just don't get many things like this in over here.

Better look:

CHEERS!

28Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:55 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That’s going to look really cool with your other one. Looks like you need to find another guitar stand.

29Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:35 am

Peaches

Oh man, so Cuuuuuuute!

30Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:17 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s going to look really cool with your other one. Looks like you need to find another guitar stand.

Already ordered, might even get here before he does.

CHEERS!

31Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:34 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Got Stripe earlier,

Was a little alarmed when I saw he was only packed in a grey plastic bag, but, he turned out to be fine. His body lacked a bit of stuffing in the torso, which made his arms a little floppy. I stuffed some paper packaging inside and it padded him out enough so the arms are better. The guitar stand for him arrived not long after he did. Futzed his hair with some matt styling wax and it looks ok. Too dark right now to shoot any decent pics. See what I can do tomorrow. On the whole though, I couldn't be happier with him.

There's also a small chance that I could get the NECA ones tomorrow, Gremlins that is, not Stripe, the NECA one looks awful compared to the TOTS.

CHEERS!

32Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Congrats, Roger. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 C8485110

33Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am happy your Gremlin family is growing. But you know all you had to do is feed them after midnight... or whatever it was. Smile

34Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Congrats, Roger. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Thanks,

Been futzing the hair a bit more, some of it wasn't quite glued at the front properly, but I've fixed that now. It's not as full as what was on the prototype, but it is still workable. My camera works best in daylight and when the weather isn't grey and crap, which it is now!

I'll see what things are like tomorrow.

CHEERS!

35Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I am happy your Gremlin family is growing. But you know all you had to do is feed them after midnight... or whatever it was. Smile

I didn't have the right Mogwai. Gremlins do multiply when wet, but, I couldn't guarantee that I'd get a Stripe! Laughing

CHEERS!

36Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:when the weather isn't grey and crap, which it is now!

I'll see what things are like tomorrow.

CHEERS!

Isn’t that pretty much every day in Jolly ‘Ol England... Twisted Evil

37Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:47 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, it is a bit!

I futzed and tweaked his hair as much as I dare to. I plan to get a cheap Santa wig off eBay and add bits to it to make it fuller.

This is as he is now:

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 ILkAyLO

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 UqRHUM8

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 BnAxFk3

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 VQBw9Po

The light is helping a bit there. Here's a shot of them both together:

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 HpBR71d

Should be a straightforward project..... (Famous last words!)

CHEERS!

38Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:46 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Just bought this, that ought to give me plenty:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adults-Long-White-Wig-Beard-Santa-Wizard-Gandalf-Merlin-Fancy-Dress-Christmas/401140760744?epid=2255295755&hash=item5d65da40a8:g:socAAOSwo0JWOLj4:rk:14🇵🇫0

CHEERS!

39Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:24 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks great... for a gremlin. And your planned upgrades will make him even better. I am a little said that they appear to have sacrificed the lower body articulation, but I guess it's the top part that matters, right? Smile

40Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Spike looks pretty cool, Roger. And thanks to you, I sat down yesterday and watched Gremlins for the first time in probably 25 years. Still funny and silly after all these years. Man, I forgot just how many people were in that movie -- Dick Miller (Mr. Futterman) just passed away on January 30th of this year (sad; what a great character actor, and very funny).

41Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Thanks guys!

I'll use this as a guide, should be fun!

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 RGKc396

I'll have to wrap it all in clingfilm when I come to seal him.

CHEERS!

42Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

It was sad when Dick passed, NECA got everyone talking about Gremlins again. I started talking to Chris Walas who'd known him and then it happened. He was in just about every movie Joe Dante made and was also the gun shop guy in Terminator. He livened up everything he was in. He'll be missed.

CHEERS!

43Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Finally re-striped Stripe,

Mainly superglue and prayers, but it does what I need it to. I may have more of a futz when I get round to sealing him, which won't be till I've moved. Loads fell out when I futzed it, but, there seems to be enough left to keep him and me happy for now.

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 0m7eYfM

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 WvUdf6U

CHEERS!

44Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:12 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He looks good, Roger. Nice job. You should still have some left over in case something happens, I would imagine.

45Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Definitely more movie-accurate than what you began with. I hope it will keep.

46Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

We will see, so far so good...

I've got enough to do another 3 Stripes, LOL! Best to have plenty than not enough.

CHEERS!

47Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Empty Re: Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:05 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Had a final futz and added a bit more hair...

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 Ekq8nOE

Trick Or Treat Studios 1/1 Gremlin - Page 2 1qQO2DQ

Tried out a natural light mode on my camera, but it has trouble focusing in artificial light.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum