OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“I think you are someone very special.” – Dr. Ido

The long-awaited movie Alita: Battle Angel is finally coming to the big screen! Sets in the future when robotic technology is thriving, this live-action adaptation follows an amnesiac cyborg, Alita, who finds herself awakens in a future world that she does not recognize. She comes to rely on a compassionate doctor and her street-smart friend, struggles to survive the treacherous journey across the Iron City, and discovers her extraordinary past. In the adventure of love, hope and empowerment, everything is new to Alita, every experience a first.

To get fans ready for this super exciting film, Hot Toys is pleased to bring to you the groundbreaking new heroine Alita in 1/6th scale collectible figure from Alita: Battle Angel.

Meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Alita from the film, the movie-accurate collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs, her highly detailed body which displays the complicated mechanical design, beautifully tailored outfit with fine textures, a blade, a heart attachable to the body and multiple interchangeable hands and feet to match with the cyborg body. Along with the figure, it also comes with an elaborated diorama figure stand inspired by the battle scenes.

Ready for a fight, this warrior hunter with an angel heart deserves a spot in your great collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS520
PRODUCT NAMEALITA
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 27 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESA NEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH SEPARATE ROLLING EYEBALLS FEATURES, SPECIALLY TAILORED BLACK-COLORED LEATHER-LIKE VEST, A HEART (ATTACHABLE TO BODY)
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY SO YOUNG LEE
HEAD PAINTED BY E-LEE & JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Alita Collectible Figure specially features:

- A newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Alita in Alita: Battle Angel equipped with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Movie-accurate facial expression and make-up
- Dark brown color medium-length hair sculpture (with magnetic feature)
- Multiple shades of metallic purple and black, mixed with silver-colored painting on the mechanical body design
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 27 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of mechanical interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of gesturing hands
- One (1) right hand for holding blade
- One (1) pair of interchangeable feet with mechanical details
- Enhanced articulations allowing highly flexible movement
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) specially tailored black-colored leather-like vest
- One (1) black-colored leather-like pants
- One (1) pair of interchangeable black-colored boots

Weapon:
- One (1) blade

Accessories:
- One (1) heart (attachable to body)
- A ruin city themed diorama figure stand with transparent pole, character nameplate and movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by So young Lee
- Head Painted by E-Lee & JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2019 – Q1, 2020

** Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
** Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

ALITA BATTLE ANGEL TM & ©️ 2019 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
©️ 2019 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1391
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2185
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3160
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4147
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5144
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6140
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7136
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8128
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9126
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10118
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11120
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12106
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1392
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1482
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1573
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1674
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1766
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1860
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1954
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2048
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2186
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2240

#newproduct #HotToys #BattleAngel #Alita #Female #Android #Sci-Fi #movie #Manga #Anime

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, amazing figure! I have absolutely no knowledge of whatever this is based on (but then, I purposefully stay fairly out of the loop when it comes to most pop culture and blockbuster type movies these days), but, whatever it is, it is REALLY awesome-looking. I LOVE that metallic purple-y sheen on the cyborg body. ^.^

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This movie is based on a popular Japanese comic from the early 80s. I have both the original Japanese language and English translation version of the comic series. It is one of my favorites in that genre. I just hope Hollywood hasn’t ruined it with all their agenda-driven BS. Regardless of the movie, I’ll probably still get this just because of the original source material.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Not gonna lie, her eyes in the trailers I’ve seen are on the wrong side of the uncanny valley for me but gah, the cybernetics are RIGHT up my street! Pity this, as with all HT offerings will be way out of my budget because I would kill for that body!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:Not gonna lie, her eyes in the trailers I’ve seen are on the wrong side of the uncanny valley for me but gah, the cybernetics are RIGHT up my street! Pity this, as with all HT offerings will be way out of my budget because I would kill for that body!

I have to agree -- I'm not overly keen on the head/eyes even on the figure (haven't seen the trailer), but the body is WOW!!! Likewise, however, I could't even remotely justify it just for that. ;p

And Stryker, thanks for the background! Sounds like Hollywood's obsession with 80's nostalgia charges on. For your sake I hope the film doesn't suck too hard, but I won't hold my breath either. ;p

If I *were* to get this, I would DEFINITELY swap out the head....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The head/ eyes thing is rather odd. However, most Japanese comics draw their characters that way. Funny how some live action interpretations of comics ignore that for the sake of realism, where this time they’ve embraced it as if that’s how the characters would look. Personally, I’m surprised they didn’t just cast an Asian woman to play the part, and not go for “Anime”- style. In a way, I’m kind of glad they went more Anime, but unfortunately they didn’t do it for anyone else, so overall it’s going to look jarring on-screen with normal faces when she has Peter Lorre x 2 eyes.

BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The oversized eyes are rooted, no doubt, in the anime style; being a cyborg, she has the excuse that she is artificially made and therefore she can actually have eyes like this (I bet they come with special tech abilities making them superior to normal human eyes). They also bother me, but they are appropriate for the character. From what I have seen of the previews for the film, they appear to have captured her beautifully. I suppose some collectors will be disappointed that the hair is sculpted rather than "real," and I wonder a little about the ankle articulation while inside the boot. Stryker, I second your concern about the film being ruined by fashionable agendas, but I suppose we'd have to wait and see... unless it's already out (I am completely out of the loop these days).

ravrohan

I think the more anime style works in this case since she's an android, she doesn't have to look realistic. They actually toned them down a bit from the first revealed shots.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I've got no problem with anime style or enlarged eyes -- I am a huge fan of animation in general, and I  love stylized characters. That said, it's a bit trickier when mixing that look with live action and 'realism' in general. As Lynkhart noted, it can slip into uncanny valley territory , fast. But likewise, as GF pointed out, the character can get away with it due to being a cyborg. It's a matter of taste, but  for me personally, I would prefer either more realistic eyes,  OR a head that was more overtly stylized all around (if that makes sense).

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh wow!  The figure looks awesome.  That body really is incredibly well crafted and I am seriously tempted.  I love how the joints that we try to cover up on regular figures actually lend themselves to cybernetics like this.  And the overall movie design really does look good (Although I'm still not entirely keen on the eyes either).  

Stryker, I'm with you on really enjoying the original anime.  Did you know that the animated series is actually the 1st part of a trilogy, and the manga goes on for another 2 whole series?  I've never gotten to them, but I have a friend whose a huge fan too, and swears by the rest.  I think the 3rd and final series just finished recently.

If anyone here is close to NYC, Austin, or LA, They're actually doing these huge "Passport to Iron City" interactive events, complete with recreation of the Kansas (the bar in the story), beer crafted just for the event, props to play with, crazy themed team based games and puzzles for credits that you gamble at the end on a Motorball match.  It sounds pretty insane and fun.  I actually have tickets in NYC this Saturday.

BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE J3p6tu7ctmrmczoauobo

BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE DSCF0631

BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Passport-to-Iron-City-Items-620x316

BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Passport-to-Iron-City-1-620x465

I really hope the film delivers, since the source material is really good.  Maybe after this event and seeing the film I'll be looking to pick up the figure as is, instead of looking at it as a source for parts.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That sounds like it will be a lot of fun, Rev.

I haven’t seen the latest series of Anime for Battle Angel to be honest. I’m not even familiar with who’s involved with it. I tend to be a bit of a “purest” snob, and when the original creators aren’t involved, I tend to lose interest. I’m not sure if that’s the case here. But a lot of what Masamune Shirow did with his Appleseed, Black Magic 66, Ghost in the Shell, and other Mangas, was kind of “bastardized” and watered down when it came time to do the Anime versions (and even the live-action version of GITS). I’ve been so out of touch with comics now for over ten years, I don’t have a clue what’s even out there anymore.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I had to go back into my comic stash after being corrected on the release of the comic. It came out in 1990.

blackpool

blackpool
Agreed with all the above comments on her eyes, Gally (Alita in US version) doesn't have any special attribute to her eyes that justify this visual effect other than the usual "manga style", depending on the artists that worked on Gunnm this "wide eyes" style isn't even obvious...

Still I find the figure super cool, I will definitely try to grab the body loose for my ghost in the shell lady, and that release really makes me want to rant about the PERS system, hot toys should add this feature to every figure they create (it was close to being a standard feature on all their DX ten years back already, it's not like they invented the wheel with this new release)

Another point I quite dislike is the legging part of her suit, I would have prefered something more skinny to fit her body silhouette, though I'm pretty sure hot toys made that screen accurate.

Anyway it's a very refreshing release of a very iconic character from the nineties (I hope the movie will capture all the references the original author built his universe on, HR Giger, Bladerunner, Rollerball...)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote: (I hope the movie will capture all the references the original author built his universe on, HR Giger, Bladerunner, Rollerball...)

Don't forget Ghost in the Shell by Masamune Shirow (or is it Shirow Masamune...); I guess that was one of his biggest influences. The character arc even has some of the same back-story (a construct from a real person who has no idea who she really is...).

I see the movie isn't getting very good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes (but then, that's not surprising); I avoided the ones that contained spoilers as much as possible -- but a lot of the complaints are from people who are burned out by all these Dystopian YA movies (Hunger Games, Divergent, etc.), so that could be their issue -- plus, most didn't seem familiar with the source material -- or took into consideration that this comic came out LONG before those stupid book series. I'm hoping someone that knows the material will chime in on whether or not the movie is even worth going to. Either way, I don't think it will matter as much in the Asian market whether the movie will tank or not. HT already announced the figure, so the likelihood it won't see the light of day at this point is slim. It's not like those really cool Valerian figures they previewed at the Cons, and then the movie came out and bombed horribly. The Asian market wasn't familiar with the French comic, and those figures never went up for PO. Shame, really, cause the outfits looked cool -- and the Cara Delevigne sculpt was awesome. Frankly, the casting (and bad acting by the two leads) is what killed that movie -- particularly Toad-Face Boy who was supposed to be a major "Ladies Man" (laughable since the guy is as fugly as a dog's butt).

Peaches

Peaches
I've seen advertising on this film, and had no interest until now. Now I want to see the film Smile

MerylAkiba

Aw man I wanted rooted hair. Will their be a Motorball version? I want to pose her crossed-eyed holding a giant eraser hamburger.  I kind of want an extra head to make Raven. Passport to Iron City looks fun. I'll admit I bring a pocket journal to the movies.  I kept a small pocket one, I always prefer Moleskine, for documentation and reports. While watching movies, if their is a scene that interest me, I shorthand. Then at dinner, eating burgers, or at the coffee shop, I'll bring up key points, story, protagonist, the one-hour pivot, lighting, etc. with my friends.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

It doesn't look dead on, but it's close. Jim Cameron rarely makes a dud, so the movie won't tank, hopefully! By the time HT get round to releasing this, the movie will have met whatever fate it has coming and will be a hot seller on DVD/Blu Ray or be in bargain bins, who can tell!? HT previewed Valerian figures and they disappeared along, pretty much, with the movie (Which I actually like.).

We will see....

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She’s up at Sideshow: $251 USD; I’ll wait to see what others offer at before I order.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:That sounds like it will be a lot of fun, Rev.

I haven’t seen the latest series of Anime for Battle Angel to be honest. I’m not even familiar with who’s involved with it. I tend to be a bit of a “purest” snob, and when the original creators aren’t involved, I tend to lose interest. I’m not sure if that’s the case here. But a lot of what Masamune Shirow did with his Appleseed, Black Magic 66, Ghost in the Shell, and other Mangas, was kind of “bastardized” and watered down when it came time to do the Anime versions (and even the live-action version of GITS). I’ve been so out of touch with comics now for over ten years, I don’t have a clue what’s even out there anymore.

As far as i know, the 2nd and 3rd Alita series (titled Last Order and Mars Chronicle) never got animated, and are just the comics. I haven't read them yet but have a friend who swears by them. I agree with you that Shirow's stuff has rarely translated well to other mediums, or was changed a lot. I honestly find the original GITS comics a bit tedious, as I think he can get a bit bogged down with the technical side of his stories. That said, I highly recommend the GITS Stand Alone Complex animated show. it ran 2 seasons, and it's (for me at least) the best balance of great cyberpunk concepts, stories, well written characters, themes, and generally well paced storytelling.

The Alita Experience was a blast! The bar was cool, and a lot of the games were fun, like trying to find bounties on multiple CCTV screens, or scanning chunks of scrap for credits. Our team was actually in 1st place right to the end. But there's a Motorball match at the end (pretty much just digital marbles racing around an onscreen track) that you can bet on and the team that was in last place bet all they had and won the game. Funny enough, we barely bet, but if we'd bet nothing we would have still won. Still, was worth it.

I haven't verified it, but a friend made an interesting point about Alita's eyes. Apparently in the manga and the anime, it's not just a stylized thing, but she actually has these enormous doll like eyes even in the context of that world. She's not supposed to look human or natural, and her look is kinda jarring and stands out to other characters. Like, characters in the story notice how inhuman her eyes look. If that's the case, it actually justifies a lot about the design direction the movie went with, and I actually stand by them doing it.

doodlehobby

What happened to her lips that set her apart in the manga (pouty octopus lips IIRC) as well? I'm tempted to PO this actually. I do love Alita but I haven't read the entire manga series. Only up to parts of the motorball. Might just go out and get the complete manga series while it's on sale and skip the movie. LOL

I'll wait as I have mixed feelings about the amount of story arcs they are trying to cram into this one movie. Usually that doesn't go well...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sounds like you had a great time, Rev. Glad to hear it. It's been so long since I read the comics I completely forgot about the "eyes" thing. Even if I end up not liking the movie, I'll probably still get this just because of the comics; if someone were to do one based on the comics, I'd be all in. I'm actually surprised this doesn't come with an extra head to recreate the rollerball scenes.

I share your concern, doodlehobby, as far as them trying to jam too much into one movie; but then some of the complaints I've heard about the film are that it's a setup for sequels (which makes sense considering it's based on a "series") -- I guess the people critiquing it early really don't have any idea about the original source material.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
She is one very good looking figure, indeed I'm also very tempted to acquire her.

brassco

brassco
I just watched the movie, and i must say that's a pretty impressive movie. Now the figure i must get!

BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Dic-Fenu-W4-AAr-Cdn
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 768256-261
BattleAngel - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL ALITA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Maxresdefault-121-1200x628

There are at least 3 versions of the figure used from the movie. The first body, the upgraded URM body (Hottoy version), and the Motorball battle armor version. I wished Hottoy makes the other 2 versions so that i can decide.

cheers!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I'll certainly see the movie at some point and will see who else brings her out.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just got back from seeing this. My impressions as a fan of the Manga — some scenes felt a little rushed, some were eye-roll inducing, and some scenes dragged. Overall, however, I thought they did an impressive job trying to jam two series into one two hour movie. The young lady playing Alita was really good. Too many characters, so not everyone gets developed all that well, but that’s understandable considering the time constraints. The special effects, of course, are impressive. My final thoughts — it was pretty cool, and while I told myself I didn’t really NEED to get this figure, I changed my mind. I will DEFINITELY get this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum