OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Product Review: TBLeague (Phicen) 1/12 Figures

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Diana

doodlehobby wrote:[...] Really curious to see how it stacks with Figma and SHFs. [...]

A little late, but if you're still wondering: I posted an unboxing video and at the end of it I post side by sides with the Figma Archetype She Next.

skywalkersaga

Appreciate the comparison at the end, AerynDiana. I wish I had realized sooner just how crazy-tall this 1/12 tbleague body is, as I picked one up over the summer intending to use it for a kitbash of character, only to discover that she was wayyy too tall to use alongside my existing male  6" figures. It was disappointing to say the least, though I only blame myself as I should have looked at the height measurements more closely. 

I really like these 1/12 tbleague bodies, but at the moment I remain frustrated that, for my purposes at least, they can only really be used as a standalone figures or alongside other tbleague's in this scale. It's exciting to finally have some seamless bodies in this scale to use as bases for customs, I just wish that the 1/12 scale in general was not so difficult to 'match' in this way. 

In the end, I've [hopefully!] found an alternative use for this figure, so it's not like it's a wasted purchase, but still wishing I could have used it to fill the gap in my collection as I'd initially intended.

Diana

skywalkersaga wrote:I really like these 1/12 tbleague bodies, but at the moment I remain frustrated that, for my purposes at least, they can only really be used as a standalone figures or alongside other tbleague's in this scale. It's exciting to finally have some seamless bodies in this scale to use as bases for customs, I just wish that the 1/12 scale in general was not so difficult to 'match' in this way. 
I don't have much of a collection yet, so it's no issue for me. Weird that they set their own standards like that. Their 1/6 ladies are tall, too... My HT Black Widow looks tiny next to them. But I think she actually is small so I kinda like it, cause she still looks badass. Very Happy

I do hope we'll see more accessories for these bodies soon. It seems hard to find good looking clothes that don't have the oversized handmade look to them. Then again, putting anything tight fitting on them will be a b*tch. Shocked

skywalkersaga

AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I really like these 1/12 tbleague bodies, but at the moment I remain frustrated that, for my purposes at least, they can only really be used as a standalone figures or alongside other tbleague's in this scale. It's exciting to finally have some seamless bodies in this scale to use as bases for customs, I just wish that the 1/12 scale in general was not so difficult to 'match' in this way. 
I don't have much of a collection yet, so it's no issue for me. Weird that they set their own standards like that. Their 1/6 ladies are tall, too... My HT Black Widow looks tiny next to them. But I think she actually is small so I kinda like it, cause she still looks badass. Very Happy

I do hope we'll see more accessories for these bodies soon. It seems hard to find good looking clothes that don't have the oversized handmade look to them. Then again, putting anything tight fitting on them will be a b*tch. Shocked

Yes, it is true that the 'regular' 1/6 tbleague female bodies are overly tall -- which is why I didn't actually purchase any until they came out with the more petite female bodies. I'm kind of obsessed with my characters having the right height differences to each other, lol. 

Agree completely that I hope there will be lots of clothing and accessories for these soon. I'm on the lookout for boots, especially, as this is the hardest thing to throw together. One can easily create some makeshift, if skimpy, outfits, but boots at this scale are just soo fiddly and I currently lack the patience to create them myself. 

And yes, tight outfits... I just managed to put a tight fitting top and leggings outfit onto this body, and it took me ages. Getting it over the arms was a nightmare, because I was concerned I would break the arms any second...

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Agree completely that I hope there will be lots of clothing and accessories for these soon. I'm on the lookout for boots, especially, as this is the hardest thing to throw together. One can easily create some makeshift, if skimpy, outfits, but boots at this scale are just soo fiddly and I currently lack the patience to create them myself. 

YES! Boots! Noticed how all the TBLeague 1/12 offerings wear glued sandals?? I think we're onto something...

I LOVE the TBLeague boots for Painkiller Jane and van Helsing. Sturdy and extremely posable. I am expecting Nancy's boots to be as good, though they clearly are a different model.  
And I really hope we'll soon see some in 1/12, too. bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice video. And your struggles are definitely representative. Interesting comparison with the Figma, a reminder that the TBLeague 1/12 figure is quite tall indeed. And completely agree on the desirability of a hand expansion pack for these and other bodies.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice video. And your struggles are definitely representative. Interesting comparison with the Figma, a reminder that the TBLeague 1/12 figure is quite tall indeed. And completely agree on the desirability of a hand expansion pack for these and other bodies.
Thank you! I intend to keep'em coming.

Ovy

Ovy
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Agree completely that I hope there will be lots of clothing and accessories for these soon. I'm on the lookout for boots, especially, as this is the hardest thing to throw together. One can easily create some makeshift, if skimpy, outfits, but boots at this scale are just soo fiddly and I currently lack the patience to create them myself. 

YES! Boots! Noticed how all the TBLeague 1/12 offerings wear glued sandals?? I think we're onto something...

I LOVE the TBLeague boots for Painkiller Jane and van Helsing. Sturdy and extremely posable. I am expecting Nancy's boots to be as good, though they clearly are a different model.  
And I really hope we'll soon see some in 1/12, too. bounce

Yes those Painkiller boots are my favourites too, I think the weight of that metallic sole material helps a lot with balance and stability, beats those stiff and/or squishy PVC boots. I am all for more metal in the boots.

And I miss the fists too. They can't solve all their problemls with trigger fingers and melee weapons!

Delanie

Delanie
1/12 tbl figures are actually in scale with standard dolls house figures its the action figures which vary in scale

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, that’s what I meant, that I wish *all* things called ‘1/12th scale’ were actually consistently that scale. Agree that the action figure brands are all over the place in that regard.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Hello everyone!

I got my Captain Sparta 1/12 and created an unboxing video. Here we go:

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great video! The version you got is indeed very pretty, and I love those colours. That spear is so tiny and awesome. Odd that there is no wiring in the cape at that scale. The vampire queen's [lol having a brain fart about her name] skirt has wiring, and it's an even smaller item of clothing. 

I can empathize with you on hating the 'fiddly' bits when it comes to this stuff... it can be pretty tedious, especially when all you want to do is pose the figure and take pics. ;p

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Slightly tempted to get one now as someone is doing a nice Harley Quinn set for one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great, and in fact that is one of their figures that has looked consistently great in its various iterations. I missed out on the original 1/6-scale release, but this is an alternate possibility. Thanks for the video.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Great video! The version you got is indeed very pretty, and I love those colours. That spear is so tiny and awesome. Odd that there is no wiring in the cape at that scale. The vampire queen's [lol having a brain fart about her name] skirt has wiring, and it's an even smaller item of clothing. 

I can empathize with you on hating the 'fiddly' bits when it comes to this stuff... it can be pretty tedious, especially when all you want to do is pose the figure and take pics. ;p
RIGHT???  Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks great, and in fact that is one of their figures that has looked consistently great in its various iterations. I missed out on the original 1/6-scale release, but this is an alternate possibility. Thanks for the video.
My pleasure. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Has anyone else seen the new 1/12 female tbleague body? 

Product Review: TBLeague (Phicen) 1/12 Figures - Page 2 10_6065bf5f-207d-46b1-8fd7-617f9d9b39e7_444x592

https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-12-tbleague-female-seamless-body-phmb2019-t03?_pos=1&_sid=7495cbf30&_ss=r

shazzdan

shazzdan
I struggle to get clothes and accessories on 1:6 figures. I'd have no chance with anything smaller.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Has anyone else seen the new 1/12 female tbleague body? 

Product Review: TBLeague (Phicen) 1/12 Figures - Page 2 10_6065bf5f-207d-46b1-8fd7-617f9d9b39e7_444x592

https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-12-tbleague-female-seamless-body-phmb2019-t03?_pos=1&_sid=7495cbf30&_ss=r

Yep. The heads are not painted. So weird. But tempting.
I'm in no rush to get these. I love Captain Sparta and I have Purgatori on the way so I'm gonna just wait for boxed releases for now.
I'll eventually cave no doubt. I've been wanting to try and paint a head.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thankfully, AThis isn’t my scale. Why in the world would they give you an unpainted head?! I have difficulties trying to make adjustments at 1/6 scale, I wouldn’t even bother at this level.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Product Review: TBLeague (Phicen) 1/12 Figures - Page 2 C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
That's indeed very surprising! (but quite a good way to escape the color matching problem for them lol)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I have to agree, how very odd??? I mean, if I did end up getting one of those, it wouldn't be for the head, but rather to use with a different head for a custom figure, but it still seems bizarre. 

From the looks of it though, it seems this body is probably just as tall if not a teeny bit taller than the first one they released in this scale, so I don't know how much use I'd have for it. Will see if they ever do a shorter version, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum