OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dyeing doll hair

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dyeing doll hair Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:36 pm

Peaches

@ThePhotogsBlog you've mentioned Kamiko before, and I wonder if she is one of your own characters, or from a comic, movie or game or something? Just curious if there is a picture of her so I can imagine the fit of the sculpts you've chosen? Smile

27Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dyeing doll hair Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:19 am

ThePhotogsBlog

Peaches wrote:@ThePhotogsBlog you've mentioned Kamiko before, and I wonder if she is one of your own characters, or from a comic, movie or game or something?  Just curious if there is a picture of her so I can imagine the fit of the sculpts you've chosen? Smile

Kamiko is a character I created using DAZ studio.  She is a drop-dead gorgeous Japanese American woman born in San Francisco in the year 2000.  It was tradition in her family, that as teenagers they would be sent to spend a few years in Japan, living with cousins in order to fully absorb their ancestral culture before returning home to America, hopefully with a japanese husband in tow.  

Kamiko was still in Japan when the brown stuff hit the wall and the world went bonkers.  She and her friends Pinky and Gogo fought alongside Japanese troops during China's disastrous invasion of the Japanese Islands.  Her bravery secured her a battlefield commission in the Japan Self Defense force, and once the invasion was successfully repelled, Kamiko and her friends were discharged and the trio made there way to America to help in the civil war that had broken out in America.

Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 46972131801_c169b5b366_kDesert_1a by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko, who's name translates into "Little Goddess" is particularly noted for wearing a red silk bow in her hair everywhere but in bed or in the shower. She believes it to be a lucky charm that raises her danger awareness.  She is fearless, with a strong sense of justice and honor, but is also very messed up, being an erotic asphyxiation addict, as well as a danger addict who's lived on the knife's edge for too long. She is highly intelligent, insolent and sarcastic, intolerant of fools, very revenge driven, but at the same time, fiercely loyal to her friends and only surviving family member, her niece, Michiko.

28Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dyeing doll hair Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Peaches

Can you export her head and have it 3d printed?

29Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dyeing doll hair Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:16 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

Peaches wrote:Can you export her head and have it 3d printed?

I've asked myself the same question but I'm trying to avoid this and one reason is that I'd like all the female characters to have fibrous hair if possible. Over the weekend I found a TBLeauge Tomoe head sculpt that I've been looking for for a while and snapped it up. While previous versions of this head sculpt have had a strong orange/yellow colour, this is apparently a new version (new paint I think) and hopefully closer to either the suntan or pale TB league bodies. You can't always tell much from the photo on the seller's website.

Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 33348865548_ed3a90db08_zTomoe_2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

To make this more like Kamiko, I would have to part the bangs, paint the lips red and apply a blue-grey eye shadow. Oh, and i have to add a hair band with a red bow.

Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 46310235555_4f7a264d76_kTokyo Alley_2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

I also found some 1/6th scale kimonos very similar to the ones Kamiko wears when she is relaxing and not dressed in either her desert battle fatigues or one of her sexy party dresses. They are a pre-order item, but I will certainly get at least one, and possibly all three. See link.

https://giantoy.com/collections/female-clothes/products/pre-order-1-6-scale-acplay-atx040-japanese-female-dresses-clothes-set-a-c

As to Kamiko's desert battle outfit; that's a piece of cake. A pair of short shorts and boots like my first model is already wearing, and a desert camo shirt or jacket, all available.

30Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dyeing doll hair Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:36 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This Tomoe head works on the TBLeague pale body, if memory serves.

31Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dyeing doll hair Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:18 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:This Tomoe head works on the TBLeague pale body, if memory serves.

Thank-you.  I'm quite eager to get my hands on it and see how close I can get it to my DAZ Kamiko. I'm thinking pretty close and I'm also thinking that I may get two bodies for it eventually; one dressed in battle gear, the other in a kimono.

I have to say that building figures from the ground up...customizing them to my own tastes seems for me, despite the high cost of doing this, is very satisfying. Imagine my delight in learning just the other day for instance, that Kimonos very similar to the one Kamiko is wearing in the above DAZ illustration would be available on the market in the near future.

32Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dyeing doll hair Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:46 pm

Delanie

Delanie
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:This Tomoe head works on the TBLeague pale body, if memory serves.

TI have to say that building figures from the ground up...customizing them to my own tastes seems for me, despite the high cost of doing this, is very satisfying. Imagine my delight in learning just the other day for instance, that Kimonos very similar to the one Kamiko is wearing in the above DAZ illustration would be available on the market in the near future.

the thing that bugged me when I used to do CG art was that I missed the ability to handle the model , feel its weight etc.

Which was one of the reasons I took up this hobby; you actually have something solid in your hand to hold and appreciate.

33Dyeing doll hair - Page 2 Empty Re: Dyeing doll hair Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:44 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Delanie wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

TI have to say that building figures from the ground up...customizing them to my own tastes seems for me, despite the high cost of doing this, is very satisfying. Imagine my delight in learning just the other day for instance, that Kimonos very similar to the one Kamiko is wearing in the above DAZ illustration would be available on the market in the near future.

the thing that bugged me when I used to do CG art was that I missed the ability to handle the model , feel its weight etc.

Which was one of the reasons I took up this hobby; you actually have something solid in your hand to hold and appreciate.

I see no reason why people can't practice both, other than time and or money. Both can be fun and to an extent, they can be integrated with one another.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum