OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 30]

676OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:30 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Tasuke. Nice introduction.

677OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:51 pm

LaMarquise

Greetings from France, and welcome to all new members ! Nice to meet all of you. It's good to join a forum wherein we can share our excitement, and love for 1/6 figures.

Where to start ? This hobby was brought to me by my father, back when the first otaku by Triad toys was launching, and I was yet but a little girl. Years have passed, and here I am now making my own figures from modeling, painting and sewing. The bulk of my experience comes from painting resin statues ranging from 1/4 to 1/6 since late 2019. Being old school is something I fancy, meaning no machine, nor airbrush used during the process. History is a subject that inspires me to focus on historical accuracy and depiction. Unfortunatly, France is not the best country for 1/6 scale lovers, despite participating in a handful of expositions, I've been quite disapointed and alone there. However thankfully to a french forum called actionfigures, we held a nice gathering opened to every 1/6 lovers outhere in Guérigny this year. We'll look forward to every new guest for 2024, you're all invited !

Nevertheless, I'll look forward to this forum's activity and its members' creations. Here are two former handmade works:

La marquise de Pompadour :
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Fb_img38OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Fb_img39

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Fb_img40

Sarah Shagal from "The Fearless Vampire slayers":
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Fb_img41OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Fb_img42
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Fb_img43

Keeping the recent ones for future dedicated posts ! Thank you all !

678OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:01 pm

Valiarde

Welcome to the board Smile Lovely work, saw some of your works from pics at that exhibition last month.

Maaaybe I will be there next year

679OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:18 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
These look great, Marquise, and something quite a lot different from what we usually see. It must be quite difficult to assemble, customize, or make all the right pieces, since there isn't a ton of high-end sets focusing on this general period and area.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

680OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:44 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, LaMarquise, your figures are stunning! I love the gorgeous dresses! Welcome aboard, you are very talented!

681OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:18 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome to OSF! and thanks for showing us your figures!

682OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:40 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome aboard. Your work is beautiful. I love that you did Sharon Tate from The Fearless Vampire Killers. I’ve wanted to do at least the 4 main characters from that film for years; gorgeous rendition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 1f10

683OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:41 am

LaMarquise

LaMarquise
GubernatorFan wrote:These look great, Marquise, and something quite a lot different from what we usually see. It must be quite difficult to assemble, customize, or make all the right pieces, since there isn't a ton of high-end sets focusing on this general period and area.

Thank you !
Yes it's a process that requires a lot of attention, I try to make some researches before making the patterns. It's a fun ride overall ! Besides making researches gives more insight on the context and fashion of the targeted era of choice. Thinking next on making a 1st empire lady ( napoleonic era). There are so many subjects available !!

Thank you guys for welcoming me Very Happy

684OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:45 am

Diana

Diana
Hello LaMarquise! Welcome to the boards and thank you for sharing your beautiful creations! I am very much looking forward to seeing more of those. Smile 

685OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:10 pm

Dirty-Deeds

Dirty-Deeds
Hello everyone,

I'm Dirty Deeds. I'm new to 1/6 scale figures. I've always been a toy collector.  Collecting everything from Hot Wheels to Star Wars. I've been focused mostly on Radio Control cars and trucks for past 6 years. I collect a lot of vintage RC's from the 1980's. Most of my collection are some type of off road vehicle. I recently got a couple of 1/6 scale RC off readers, and needed drivers for them. That led me down this rabbit hole of 1/6 scale figures. I love Photography and videography and mixed that with my RC passion as well. That is how I wound up here. I hope to learn and expand my knowledge, photography skills and figure collection.

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 10000110
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 10000111
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 20231010

686OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:25 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Impressive vehicles and drivers.
Nicely photographed too.
Welcome!

687OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:28 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Yes, welcome! I’d say you’re in great shape with the photography. The slight, silvered look of the images works nicely for that style/era.

688OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:40 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome DD! Loving the pics!

689OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:33 am

Diana

Diana
Hello Dirty Deeds! I'm not usually into military stuff, but your ladies are gorgeous! I love your style!
What's that first head sculpt?
That second picture in the garage looks so natural! And even though Miss Spetsnaz is very scantily clad I think it looks great! I have a friend who would totally rock that outfit! Laughing
And that last head sculpt... Wow. Is that the Kumik? I have two like that (one of them has heavier make-up), but they both have curly white hair. Did you modify it?

Welcome!! Very Happy

690OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:24 am

Dirty-Deeds

Dirty-Deeds
Diana wrote:Hello Dirty Deeds! I'm not usually into military stuff, but your ladies are gorgeous! I love your style!
What's that first head sculpt?
That second picture in the garage looks so natural! And even though Miss Spetsnaz is very scantily clad I think it looks great! I have a friend who would totally rock that outfit! Laughing
And that last head sculpt... Wow. Is that the Kumik? I have two like that (one of them has heavier make-up), but they both have curly white hair. Did you modify it?

Welcome!! Very Happy

Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.  

The first head sculpt is Miss Spetsnaz as well. I bought two of those sculpts so I could have one with her hair down as well as in the braided ponytail. The last head sculpt is the Kumik. ( not sure if that's the brand or if thats the sculpts name??? I'mpretty new to these figures. Very Happy ) when I got it her hair was super thin and not very curly. I was disappointed at first, but I painted the scalp white between the thin layers of hair, the washed her hair and lightly dried it and brushed it. So most of the curls have gone. She photographs well, so I left it. 

691OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:50 am

Dirty-Deeds

Dirty-Deeds
MeMyself&I wrote:Yes, welcome! I’d say you’re in great shape with the photography. The slight, silvered look of the images works nicely for that style/era.

Thank you. I greatly appreciate it. The photography was huge part of my RC hobby. It's blended pretty easy so far with 1/6 figures. Its impressive how posable they are and the scenes that can be created seems to be limited only to ones imagination. I hope to learn alot more about posing,  rigging, and lighting from the community on here.

692OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:51 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Dirty-Deeds wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:Yes, welcome! I’d say you’re in great shape with the photography. The slight, silvered look of the images works nicely for that style/era.

Thank you. I greatly appreciate it. The photography was huge part of my RC hobby. It's blended pretty easy so far with 1/6 figures. Its impressive how posable they are and the scenes that can be created seems to be limited only to ones imagination. I hope to learn alot more about posing,  rigging, and lighting from the community on here.

You’re welcome! The best advise I can give you at this point is simply that lighting is absolutely king with this. I won’t drone on here but bad lighting really emphasizes the toy aspect, while good lighting gives us them looking like people.

693OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:20 am

davidd

davidd
Dirty-Deeds wrote: I'm Dirty Deeds. I'm new to 1/6 scale figures. I've always been a toy collector.  Collecting everything from Hot Wheels to Star Wars. I've been focused mostly on Radio Control cars and trucks for past 6 years.

Is that the ROCHobby MB Scaler (aka WWII Jeep) in your photo, but with upgraded suspension and wheels? It looks boss! cheers

694OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:13 pm

Dirty-Deeds

Dirty-Deeds
davidd wrote:
Dirty-Deeds wrote: I'm Dirty Deeds. I'm new to 1/6 scale figures. I've always been a toy collector.  Collecting everything from Hot Wheels to Star Wars. I've been focused mostly on Radio Control cars and trucks for past 6 years.

Is that the ROCHobby MB Scaler (aka WWII Jeep) in your photo, but with upgraded suspension and wheels? It looks boss! cheers

Yes sir it is. It is a fantastic vehicle. Thank you for the compliment. It is one of my favorite RC vehicles. I have a link to my latest YouTube video in the video section of this forum if you'd like to see it in action.

695OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:17 pm

Dirty-Deeds

Dirty-Deeds
MeMyself&I wrote:
Dirty-Deeds wrote:

You’re welcome! The best advise I can give you at this point is simply that lighting is absolutely king with this. I won’t drone on here but bad lighting really emphasizes the toy aspect, while good lighting gives us them looking like people.

That is what I'm really looking forward to learning more about. Lighting something small is far different than lighting full size objects. The Ai background that members on here are doing is very intriguing as well.

696OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:11 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Dirty-Deeds. Your vehicles and ladies are very cool. By the way Kumik is the name of the company that made the head sculpt. Most of their stuff can be found on eBay or Aliexpress, just search "Kumik". I started out with them as well, but moved on to sculpts with less of that yellow/orange tint that most Kumik's have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

697OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:57 pm

Dirty-Deeds

Dirty-Deeds
Stryker2012 wrote:Welcome aboard, Dirty-Deeds. Your vehicles and ladies are very cool. By the way Kumik is the name of the company that made the head sculpt. Most of their stuff can be found on eBay or Aliexpress, just search "Kumik". I started out with them as well, but moved on to sculpts with less of that yellow/orange tint that most Kumik's have.

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it. As far as I know that is the only sculpt I have from Kumik. I wasn't overly pleased with it at first. It looked nothing like the photos in the Ebay listing when I got it. As I mentioned to Diana in my previous reply, her hair was very thin. She looked as though she was going bald. It took a little work to get her to look as good as she does. Is it fair to say that the Kumik brand isn't good quality? Or am I not giving them a fair chance? I mean eventhe best of companiesmake a bad producthere andthere. I've considered buying another one of that same sculpt. I'm just a bit gun shy after my experience with that one. I'd like to know others experience with those sculpts. What are your opinions on Kumik Stryker2012?

craftsrmyluvlanguage

I'm a miniatures and model kit enthusiast. Since I was raised by a high-end adult doll collector (e.g., Robert Tonner, Madame Alexander), I'm impressed by Tbleague's realism at a relatively low price point. Also, I have extremely hypermobile joints because of a disability. TBLeague bodies are the only figures that are as flexible as me. My first 1/6 TBLeague purchase is below, twisted into my favorite sitting position. She's sitting on the replica I made of our couch, petting a memorial dog statue I commissioned on Etsy.

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 XYuJS0I

I'm excited to connect with other miniature enthusiasts, and to share my custom 1/6 and 1/12 cut files for dioramas. Here's some photos of a 1/12 scale replica of the printing press set in Outlander Season 3.

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 0ZkWAMn
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 DZUEyqL

699OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:02 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome aboard. Nice work on the couch and the 1/12 diorama.

700OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome to OSF!

701OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:02 am

Diana

Diana
Welcome craftsrmyluvlanguage! Nice works there! I'm looking forward to seeing you and your creations around. Smile

702OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:53 pm

Lotte

Lotte
*My belated introduction*

Hello, I've had this account for a little bit and lurked every once in a while- but it's probably a good idea to at least introduce myself Smile
My name is Lotte and I'm from Europe. I recently got my first 1:6 female Kumik head. I'm now looking for information regarding bodies that will work for this head.
My main hobby for many years has been 1/3 sized BJDs (ball jointed dolls), but the size of the BJDs can sometimes be a bit overwhelming and they do take up a lot of space! So I find the small size of 1:6 figures quite refreshing!

Nice to meet you all- and thank you for having me here Smile

703OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:43 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome Lotte. As far as Kumik heads go, you may find it difficult to find an exact match other than an actual Kumik body which I see listed on eBay. Their heads all have a bit of an orange/yellow tint which most other bodies don’t match.

704OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 28 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:20 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome aboard Lotte, I look forward to seeing your future posts Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum